Offical All Star Reserves Thread

im not you

Banned
Tune in tonight on TNT @ 8 for the official announcement.

In the mean time...what do your reserves look like?

EAST

G - Rajon Rondo
G - Joe Johnson (I know he's missed time but 40 games played through today is good enough IMO)
F - Paul Pierce
F - Chris Bosh (Only because Boozer missed so many games)
C - Al Horford (still bizarre that Al Horford is likely headed for his 2nd AS berth)
Wild Card - Ray Allen (I wanted to go with Felton here but his level of play has decreased since 2011 began)
Wild Card - Josh Smith (If KG makes this game...SMH)
Wild Card - John Wall

WEST

I believe Stern will replace Yao w/ Gasol as the starting center. Meaning he won't HAVE to designate any of the reserves as a Center.

G - Russell Westbrook
G - Manu Ginobili
F - Dirk Nowitski
F - Lamarcus Aldridge
Wild Card - Kevin Love
Wild Card - Blake Griffin
Wild Card - Deron Williams

I wanted to throw in Zach Randolph as my last Wild Card but the team would be way too forward heavy.

Also...just wondering...what are the chances Blake starts this game next year? I'm thinking that w/ Melo's likely departure East...Blake will have reached the necessary popularity level to start getting voted in.

Tune in tonight on TNT @ 8 for the official announcement.

In the mean time...what do your reserves look like?

EAST

G - Rajon Rondo
G - Joe Johnson (I know he's missed time but 40 games played through today is good enough IMO)
F - Paul Pierce
F - Chris Bosh (Only because Boozer missed so many games)
C - Al Horford (still bizarre that Al Horford is likely headed for his 2nd AS berth)
Wild Card - Ray Allen (I wanted to go with Felton here but his level of play has decreased since 2011 began)
Wild Card - Josh Smith (If KG makes this game...SMH)
Wild Card - John Wall

WEST

I believe Stern will replace Yao w/ Gasol as the starting center. Meaning he won't HAVE to designate any of the reserves as a Center.

G - Russell Westbrook
G - Manu Ginobili
F - Dirk Nowitski
F - Lamarcus Aldridge
Wild Card - Kevin Love
Wild Card - Blake Griffin
Wild Card - Deron Williams

I wanted to throw in Zach Randolph as my last Wild Card but the team would be way too forward heavy.

Also...just wondering...what are the chances Blake starts this game next year? I'm thinking that w/ Melo's likely departure East...Blake will have reached the necessary popularity level to start getting voted in.

I pretty much agree with all your West choices OP but I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume Tim Duncan will make the west squad over Aldridge/Love even though he's nowhere near deserving this season
30t6p3b.gif
(Gasol will start for Yao)

East *sigh* we know the coaches will automatically put in 4 Celtics, KG is not deserving this year. Joe Johnson need to give up that spot for Raymond Felton

I pretty much agree with all your West choices OP but I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume Tim Duncan will make the west squad over Aldridge/Love even though he's nowhere near deserving this season
30t6p3b.gif
(Gasol will start for Yao)

East *sigh* we know the coaches will automatically put in 4 Celtics, KG is not deserving this year. Joe Johnson need to give up that spot for Raymond Felton

In the west - You have to pick a reserve center (which will be Gasol), and you get 2 wild cards.

In the west - You have to pick a reserve center (which will be Gasol), and you get 2 wild cards.

East: Al Horford, Kevin Garnett, Chris Bosh, Paul Pierce, Joe Johnson, Rajon Rondo and Ray Felton

Snubs: Joakim Noah and Carlos Boozer (missed too many games), Andrew Bogut (team underachieving), Josh Smith (already got Horford and Johnson in), Ray Allen (not better than Johnson)

West: Pau Gasol (replacing Yao Ming in starting line up), Dirk Nowitzki, Kevin Love, Blake Griffin, Manu Ginobili, Russell Westbrook, Deron Williams...last spot I want to give to LaMarcus Aldridge or Zach Randolph but I believe David Stern will pick Tim Duncan instead.

Snubs: Aldridge, Randolph, David West and Rudy Gay (West too deep at forward), Monta Ellis and Kevin Martin (teams not good), Steve Nash and Tony Parker (not getting spots over Ginobili, Westbrook and Williams)

East: Al Horford, Kevin Garnett, Chris Bosh, Paul Pierce, Joe Johnson, Rajon Rondo and Ray Felton

Snubs: Joakim Noah and Carlos Boozer (missed too many games), Andrew Bogut (team underachieving), Josh Smith (already got Horford and Johnson in), Ray Allen (not better than Johnson)

West: Pau Gasol (replacing Yao Ming in starting line up), Dirk Nowitzki, Kevin Love, Blake Griffin, Manu Ginobili, Russell Westbrook, Deron Williams...last spot I want to give to LaMarcus Aldridge or Zach Randolph but I believe David Stern will pick Tim Duncan instead.

Snubs: Aldridge, Randolph, David West and Rudy Gay (West too deep at forward), Monta Ellis and Kevin Martin (teams not good), Steve Nash and Tony Parker (not getting spots over Ginobili, Westbrook and Williams)

East: Rondo, Pierce, KG, Joe Johnson, Al Horford, Bosh, Ray Felton

West: Pau (to replace Yao), Dirk, Russ, Deron, Manu, K-Love, Blake, Lamarcus

East: Rondo, Pierce, KG, Joe Johnson, Al Horford, Bosh, Ray Felton

West: Pau (to replace Yao), Dirk, Russ, Deron, Manu, K-Love, Blake, Lamarcus

The Spurs are on pace to win 70 they getting more than one all-star somehow.

Timmy will replace Yao even if the game is in LA.

The Spurs are on pace to win 70 they getting more than one all-star somehow.

Timmy will replace Yao even if the game is in LA.

I would lean to put Nash in before Williams and maybe Russell TBH. To be keeping that team afloat at .500 and still in contention at his age and with that piece of +!%% supporting cast is amazing.

I have a sneaking suspicion Al Horford is going to get shafted. Best player on that team.

I would lean to put Nash in before Williams and maybe Russell TBH. To be keeping that team afloat at .500 and still in contention at his age and with that piece of +!%% supporting cast is amazing.

I have a sneaking suspicion Al Horford is going to get shafted. Best player on that team.

Originally Posted by bballah3

I understand that.

If Gasol is named a starter...that would mean that technically another Wild Card slot is created.

So basically when reserves are named tonight...Gasol would be named the reserve but start.

Basically a simpler way of putting it would be that Yao's replacement wouldn't have to be a C.

I understand that.

If Gasol is named a starter...that would mean that technically another Wild Card slot is created.

So basically when reserves are named tonight...Gasol would be named the reserve but start.

Basically a simpler way of putting it would be that Yao's replacement wouldn't have to be a C.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Russell Westbrook is the ONLY player in the NBA averaging 20+, 5, and 8. In no way shape or form should Steve get any type of All Star consideration over Russ.

And Al Horford makes the game by default because they have to choose a reserve center. Same reason why he made the game last year. The only other person they could POSSIBLY choose is Andrew Bogut.

Russell Westbrook is the ONLY player in the NBA averaging 20+, 5, and 8. In no way shape or form should Steve get any type of All Star consideration over Russ.

And Al Horford makes the game by default because they have to choose a reserve center. Same reason why he made the game last year. The only other person they could POSSIBLY choose is Andrew Bogut.

Stop reading those ESPN chat rooms and Insider articles Pro.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Stop reading those ESPN chat rooms and Insider articles Pro.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Im Not You

I understand that.

Yeah but another reserve just isn't thrown in, Stern picks it. So Gasol will be picked as a reserve tonight. Then that leaves Stern with a pick which will probably be one of the following: Kevin Love, Blake Griffin, Tim Duncan

Originally Posted by Im Not You

I understand that.

Yeah but another reserve just isn't thrown in, Stern picks it. So Gasol will be picked as a reserve tonight. Then that leaves Stern with a pick which will probably be one of the following: Kevin Love, Blake Griffin, Tim Duncan

[h3]
[/h3][h3]Clippers Move Up Flight, Presumably For Griffin ASG Announcement[/h3]
Feb 03, 2011 02:18 AM EST

Griffin_Blake_lac_110113.jpg

The Clippers have moved up their flight to Atlanta on Thursday because Blake Griffin is expected to be named to the 2011 All-Star team and they don't want to be in the air during the announcement.

Chris Kaman made the 2010 All-Star team as a commissioner selection.
Via Lisa Dillman/Los Angeles Times (via Twitter)
2mcvpqe.jpg

Back
Top Bottom