Offical: Lakers vs. Pistons Game Thread 11/16 Game On ESPN

Originally Posted by bobby24K

Don't go overboard with the rest of the team, let them show some consistency, they've played great 2 out of the 8 games, against PHX and tonight, the rest have been meh. So until they show they can produce on a consistent basic, the scrub tag will still be on them.
the team played great against utah and the twolves as well

Originally Posted by Walkin Memorial

he has to keep doing that when the other players stink it up once in a while.

even when the team didn't make shots, b/c kobe didn't force the issue and kept passing, just by taking shots, the players felt involved and thus kept trying hard on D.

You hit the nail on the head with this one. Kobe last year tried to pass at points, but when his teammates stunk it up it reverted to the kobe show. I mean yea it resulted in some wins, but it did nothing for the other players. If its all Kobe in the regular season, you cant expect in the playoffs for the rest to pop-up. Also like BUC said, when you continue to trust them when they're playing poorly, that gives them reason to go all out on defense. The more kobe trusts them and shows faith in them, the harder they will play to prove to him they're worth that trust.

exactly. i mean, if u dont trust your teammates during the rough times, what does that say about ya?
sure if they keep sucking in a game until the 4th, then kobe can take over in the 4th. and pick his spots throughout a game. but dont jack up 30+ shotsto do it.

but i think we're seeing a kobe who's more conscious of his teammates. hope this lasts all season.

ThiPham wrote:

plus that amazing play with the ref lol
That was a bad beat for the Pistons.
eek.gif
If the ball did notbounce off the red, I think we would have lost the game.

What a defensive effort in the 4th. For all the stuff about Kobe not wanting to be here in L.A., tonight he looked motivated and happy with his teammateseffort.
So another Friday night win complete with a pass off the ref and an Odom right handed layup.

Odom with the bonehead play off the ref - that still counts..he lucked out on that one.

Damn Buc, seems like we think the same way when it comes to Kobe and the Lakers. Cant wait till Sunday's game against the Bulls. Should be a W in ourfavor.

Originally Posted by Walkin Memorial

Damn Buc, seems like we think the same way when it comes to Kobe and the Lakers. Cant wait till Sunday's game against the Bulls. Should be a W in our favor.

and hopefully kobe thinks like us and finish his career here
happy.gif

Originally Posted by eemmwhy

LO with the mailman pose
laugh.gif

capt.9282c7d3fc5d40db874df861573d5ad7.pistons_lakers_basketball_las106.jpg
Yeah, I was like "damn, did anyone realize that he did the "Pretty Boy" on that 3 on 1 break?".
laugh.gif

72391363.jpg

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

Was that today? I didn't see him do that.
3 on 1 fast break at the end of the 3rd quarter. LO on the right wing.

edit:

Figures ESPN would let Roster Guard 24 off the hook w/o putting the Max dunk on him in the top ten. But damn, NBA.COM is down with the conspiracy too. Not intheir top 10 either.
smh.gif

Helluva nice win last night, but now we know we should get the Bulls on Sunday, it would be so us to let that one go. We need to keep killin it each and everygame. Pile up all the W's we can while we're all healthy.

Another great win by the lakers last night. I loved everything I saw but I am surprise nobody brought this up. They only had 9 turn overs in the entire game.For a team that averages 18 a game that is a great turn around. Still saw a couple of extra passes that should have been shot but we didn't get burned.

Oh and shooting 70% in the 4th is always a good thing.

Lets go lakers!

--Got home from work and the score was 62-62....
--I never would've imagined what happened next...
--Great game by the Lakers in the 4th!!!
--Farmar with those steals...Evans with that tip in dunk..that alley-oop to Bynum..Kobe's 3 in right Rip's eye..Lamar's hat trick off the ref..

Back
Top Bottom