Official “We Own this City” April 25th Thread vol. David Simon back

Yeah, heard George Pelecanos talk about it.

I started the doc, but fell asleep on it. The cops cam footage. :smh:

They wanted to be respectful to the family, but the way he did it was sort of brilliant. He was actually scouting the scene while investigating. He assured his family would be taken care of with his pension and insurance money.

Did he take money or did he just look the other way? And the other guys Rayam and Gondo assumed he did, because he was with Jenkins and would have been like K Stop instead?

I just KNEW somethin drastic was gonna go down w/ my boy suita,....

that leg twitch....:emoji_cry:

the Maya lady what's her face even got foul! that's wild and she's sittin theah talkin some, "not takin funds from my babies" she tried to convey her intentions 4 children's programs and schools but she's takin about her pockets, mad foul.

wanna see her backstory, how BMore = the Wild West 4 real. and I've driven/walked through those hoods man, hahlem NYC at night too, w/ just my child lol im wylin' nah 4 real tho, the only thing that scares me in this world is...hmmm, maybe losing my child but even that would be an everyday thing smh

goin back to the Maya, ummm...it made me think. ok so impoverished places like BMore, can't the feds step in and assist? "got money 4 wars but can't feed the poor"....money is 4 looziz anyways SMH

but IF we must deal w/ $, then why not put the $ towards the streets and in turn the children could be uplifted by having parent that're actually around...just a thought. I think both the police and the Maya needed to come to a compromise on those funds SMH

Last edited:
I just read that the guy who Jenkinks + Suiter planted the gun on, and got the $8 million settlement from the city ended up catching an attempted murder on a cop in VA a couple years ago.

Cold world :smh:

Last edited:
Man great series, crazy how this is all true and show how police really are scum.

Whole city was corrupt, didn’t know mayor ended up getting time too lol

From watching the documentary on Suiter...I just don't see the incentive for the BPD to kill Suiter. Them other dudes were spanked already. Nothing he was going to say in that grand jury would have made their situations worse. Only his.

Just finished
36442383-8646-464D-AFAB-AAA2130563CE.gif

Enjoyed this series and I, too, was surprised that Jenkins only got 25 years.

I was shocked at what Suiter did. I didn't realize he was planning on shooting himself.

Also crazy that the new commissioner was arrested for tax evasion and the mayor had dirt on her too. Sheesh.

Yeah, I'm not certain he offed himself in real life. However, what they depicted in the Final episode had Me sit and stare at the screen. Especially after watching his partner run over trying to save him and watching his leg twitch.

I totally didn’t see it coming with Sean. When he was at home looking at his fam and photos I just assumed he was getting ready to take the high ground and confess. Not until he started to pump himself up behind the van it started to make sense. Crazy, but it’s all part of the game. And that dorky *** older white dude that planted the BB gun, “these are all my brothers.” **** that, I’m not putting my *** on the line for someone I barely know. Gotta be some solid history to do dirt on someone else’s behalf.

Damn. They even got Warren Brown in there playing himself as Gonzo attorney :lol:

40636C1B-DCBB-4B20-8AD2-6920DA607569.jpeg

The word interesting, would is an understatement to describe Warren Brown. They could do a show about him and his family :lol:

Yeah, I'm not certain he offed himself in real life. However, what they depicted in the Final episode had Me sit and stare at the screen. Especially after watching his partner run over trying to save him and watching his leg twitch.

They got that from the cops who arrived cam footage if you watch the documentary.

So the walkie talkie in one hand and gun in another was from the details. That's why they introduced the other cop wondering why he didn't drop the walkie talkie if he was truly fighting with someone over the gun. Plus the gun smoke would have dissipated if there was someone else there when they ran.

He dedicated 19 years to being a cop and had a wife and 5 kids. At best he probably would have been kicked off.

Yeah, and Bernthal apparently interviewed other cops to ask about Wayne's mannerisms and characteristics. Some of the stuff he used to say to people like calling them dumb dumb was what the real Wayne Jenkins did.

I wonder if they hired Jamie Hector because of the scar. When they found out Suiter had the scar, did they naturally think of him for the role.

The wild thing is the women in Baltimore still rock with shorty, they be saying “she never got a chance” and was “set up” But she was dirty and greedy like the rest of em in charge…She always gave off hustle vibes :lol: :smh:

Her and Sheila get hella luv in the city despite wildin, was surprised even Moms was cool with Pugh when talking politics the other day :lol:

From watching the documentary on Suiter...I just don't see the incentive for the BPD to kill Suiter. Them other dudes were spanked already. Nothing he was going to say in that grand jury would have made their situations worse. Only his.

I live in Bmore now and was here when this whole thing happened with Suiter. To be honest just based of news coverage it looked like he was this model cop who was fed up with police corruption and wanted to get rid of the bad apples in the dept. They made it look like his testimony would be damning to those involved, and his death was necessary to prevent it. I never looked deeper into, and until watching this series I thought he was setup and killed. Now, of course I see it wasn't so.
He killed himself so his wife and five kids would have been taken care of

Basically. He was setting up that entire narrative about seeing someone in the alley so his partner could validate it.

Back
Top Bottom