Official 10' NFL Offseason Thread: CIN sign T.O. 1yr/2m

I bet Terrell Owens isn't in serious pursuit of the Rams.
laugh.gif

Elvis.
pimp.gif

Took long enough.

Owens to the Rams is worse than Owens to the Raiders. There is nothing in St. Louis, a rookie QB...no fans...no chance to win...doesn't make any sense.

[h2]Fisher 'disappointed' over Kiffin hire[/h2]

ESPN.com news services
USC is set to hire Tennessee Titans running backs coach Kennedy Pola to serve as offensive coordinator under coach Lane Kiffin, causing Titans coach -- and USC alum -- Jeff Fisher to question the professionalism of the Trojans' head man.

"I am very disappointed in Lane Kiffin's approach to this," Fisher told The Tennessean on Saturday. "Typically speaking, when coaches are interested in hiring or discussing potential employment from coaches on respective staffs there is a courtesy call made from the head coach or athletic director indicating there is an interest in talking to the assistant.

30012.jpg
To call me and leave me a voicemail after Kennedy had informed me he had taken the job. It is just a lack of professionalism.

Dudes thought/think AL was crazy when he went off on Lane. Al still has all of his marbles he knew what was up with Lance before all of us.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

^you referring to the way deals are being structured in light of the work stoppage?
Yeah... so it's pretty much the most common way owners/GM's get around the 30 percent rule this off-season... Even Peppers' deal with the Bears is only guaranteed for skill this year, injury the next two.

But it also doesn't make owners have to come out of pocket during the lockout time....

Are rolling guarantees the new standard in the new CBA? Could they get that through?

[h1]
[h1]Ex-Steelers coach Cowher's wife, Kaye, dies at age 54[/h1]
email-card-title.png

• By NFL.com Wire Reports
More Columns >

[table][tr][td]
k_cowher_060205_wide.jpg
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Mark J. Terrill / Associated Press[/td][/tr][tr][td]Kaye Cowher (right) was at Bill's side to celebrate the Steelers' Super Bowl XL victory in February 2006.[/td][/tr][/table]
Kaye Cowher, a former college and professional basketball player and the wife of former Pittsburgh Steelers coach Bill Cowher, died Friday of skin cancer. She was 54.

Cowher died in her native North Carolina, where the family relocated at her urging during her husband's final year as Steelers coach in 2006, one season after the team won Super Bowl XL. The Cowhers had lived in Raleigh since then.

"Kaye was such a loving and compassionate person and she was the foundation of our family," Bill Cowher, now an NFL analyst with CBS, said in a statement Saturday. "Kaye was always at my side throughout my career as a player, coach, NFL analyst and, most importantly, as a parent to our three daughters Meagan, Lauren and Lindsay. They will miss their mother dearly.

"Kaye was the rock that we could all lean on in the tough times," Cowher added. "She was looked up to by so many people and I cannot say enough about what Kaye meant to our family. Her memory will never be forgotten. We would like to thank everyone who has kept our family in their thoughts and prayers and for those who have reached out to express their condolences. It is clear that Kaye touched a lot of lives."

Unlock HQ Video HQ video delivered by Akamai

The Cowhers met at North Carolina State, where Bill played linebacker before beginning his NFL career. They married in 1981, after the former Kaye Young played alongside her twin sister, Faye, in college and during a three-season Women's Professional Basketball League career.

After leading N.C. State to a 29-5 record and the first Atlantic Coast Conference women's title in 1978, Kaye and her sister played one season with the New York Stars and two with the New Jersey Gems in a league that was a forerunner to the WNBA. The sisters filmed a Wrigley Doublemint gum commercial during their WPBL careers.

All three of the Cowhers' daughters played or are playing college basketball. Meagan and Lauren played at Princeton University, and Lindsay currently plays at Wofford College.

At the time of her death, Kaye Cowher served on the North Carolina State Board of Visitors, which advises the school's chancellor and board of trustees. The Cowhers returned to Raleigh even before Bill Cowher's NFL coaching career ended partly because of their close ties to the university and the friends they made during college.

A private funeral service will be held Monday in North Carolina.

Kaye Cowher and other family members often were seen cheering from a private box at Steelers home games during Bill Cowher's 15 seasons as coach from 1992 to 2006. The Steelers lost four AFC championship games -- all at home -- before finally winning the Super Bowl, and Kaye Cowher was repeatedly seen consoling her husband following those defeats.

"We were saddened to learn of the loss of Kaye Cowher," Steelers president Art Rooney II said in a statement released by the team. "Kaye was a very private person who was very devoted to her family. Kaye made many friends in our organization and our community. She will be missed by the many people whose lives she touched. On behalf of the entire Steeler family, we extend our condolences to Bill, his daughters and their family."

The Cowher family asked that anyone interested in making a donation on Kaye's behalf be directed to Family Resources of Pennsylvania, a charity that tries to prevent and treat child abuse by strengthening families and neighborhoods. The organization can be contacted by calling (412) 363-1702 or online at www.familyresourcesofpa.org.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

R.I.P. Kaye Cowher.
tired.gif
[/h1]

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Favre thought, "I'm done"; now thinks he could play to age 50[/h1]
Posted by Michael David Smith on July 27, 2010 8:27 AM ET
Brett Favre offered up an interesting glimpse into his way of thinking in an interview with USA Today, saying that at the end of a long season he thinks he's going to retire, but after a few months off he thinks he could play for another decade.

Favre said that six months ago, after the Vikings lost the NFC Championship, he firmly believed he was finished playing football.

"I can remember walking off that podium with Deanna and my family thinking, 'I'm done,'" Favre said. "I mean, my heart . . . it was broken."

But after an offseason of rest and relaxation, followed by ankle surgery and rehabilitation, Favre now says he doesn't see any reason he should quit any time soon.

"Hell, you gotta quit sometime," Favre said. "Then again, maybe I will be doing this when I'm 50 years old, who knows?"

Who knows, indeed. But Favre sure doesn't sound like a man who's going to retire any time soon.

Having our QB position locked up for a decade
46b260c1f98d853ee114c2bfac0e36badd76d152_r.gif

Bengals have offered T.O. a contract and he has until tomorrow to decide.

Jets have now contacted T.O. as well. My boy has options now
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Something is REALLY strange about that fall that Sergio Kindle took.

He fell down 2 flights of stairs.....
Didn't sign his contract either

NT's favorite thing to argue about. ESPN power rankings
laugh.gif

[table][tr][td]2010 Power Rankings: Offseason[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]RK (LW)[/td][td]TEAM[/td][td]REC[/td][td]COMMENT[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]1 (1)[/td][td]Colts[/td][td]14-2-0[/td][td]Their fate might depend on what others have done to narrow the gap. (Kuharsky) [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]2 (5)[/td][td]Saints[/td][td]13-3-0[/td][td]The Saints should not expect another magical season because every team is different, but they still can contend for the Super Bowl. (Sando)[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]3 (3)[/td][td]Vikings[/td][td]12-4-0[/td][td]Brett Favre is waiting for a two-hour TV special to announce his return. (Walker)[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]4 (4)[/td][td]Cowboys[/td][td]11-5-0[/td][td]The Cowboys are loaded and will look to secure a Super Bowl "home game." (Clayton)[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]5 (11)[/td][td]Ravens[/td][td]9-7-0[/td][td]The defense-heavy Ravens finally believe they have a high-powered offense. Scary thought. (Walker)[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]6 (6)[/td][td]Packers[/td][td]11-5-0[/td][td]Improved pass protection for QB Aaron Rodgers could go a long way. (Walker)[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]7 (12)[/td][td]Jets[/td][td]9-7-0[/td][td]With 12 Pro Bowl position players, the Jets are loaded to challenge the Pats. (Clayton)[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]8 (15)[/td][td]Falcons[/td][td]9-7-0[/td][td]The fortunes are looking up again now that RB Michael Turner is healthy and apparently in great condition. (Sando)[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]9 (10)[/td][td]Patriots[/td][td]10-6-0[/td][td]Who keeps the Patriots ahead of every other AFC East team? Tom Brady. (Clayton)[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]10 (2)[/td][td]Chargers[/td][td]13-3-0[/td][td]I'd like the Chargers a lot more with WR Vincent Jackson than without him. (Kuharsky) [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]11 (9)[/td][td]Bengals[/td][td]10-6-0[/td][td]This is the deepest Bengals team of the Marvin Lewis era. But can it handle a first-place schedule? (Walker)[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]12 (19)[/td][td]49ers[/td][td]8-8-0[/td][td]The defense is already strong, and the offense is finally in position to improve -- if QB Alex Smith is ready. (Sando)[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]13 (21)[/td][td]Dolphins[/td][td]7-9-0[/td][td]It's up to QB Chad Henne to see whether he can compete against the big boys in the AFC East. (Clayton)[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]14 (14)[/td][td]Texans[/td][td]9-7-0[/td][td]Pass defense might determine the Texans' fate more than anything else. (Kuharsky)[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]15 (
glasses.gif
[/td][td]Cardinals[/td][td]10-6-0[/td][td]Keep an eye on youngsters Beanie Wells (RB) and Early Doucet (WR) this season. Arizona needs them. (Sando)[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]16 (20)[/td][td]Giants[/td][td]8-8-0[/td][td]Tom Coughlin must sort out the defensive problems to keep the Giants in contention. (Clayton)[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]17 (7)[/td][td]Eagles[/td][td]11-5-0[/td][td]Even though the Eagles have tons of talent, their schedule pulls them down. (Clayton)[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]18 (16)[/td][td]Titans[/td][td]8-8-0[/td][td]The Titans are going to be an offensive football team. (Kuharsky) [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]19 (13)[/td][td]Steelers[/td][td]9-7-0[/td][td]The first four to six games without QB Ben Roethlisberger could make or break their season. (Walker)[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]20 (29)[/td][td]********[/td][td]4-12-0[/td][td]New QB Donovan McNabb should add a touchdown per game to the ********' offense. (Clayton)[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]21 (22)[/td][td]Bears[/td][td]7-9-0[/td][td]Do people realize QB Jay Cutler is just 24-29 as a starter? (Walker)[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]22 (18)[/td][td]Panthers[/td][td]8-8-0[/td][td]Carolina has the NFL's youngest roster and a head coach entering the final year of his deal. (Sando)[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]23 (17)[/td][td]Broncos[/td][td]8-8-0[/td][td]I'm betting QB Tim Tebow scores a touchdown on opening day in Jacksonville. (Kuharsky)[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]24 (26)[/td][td]Raiders[/td][td]5-11-0[/td][td]Did the Raiders build a pretty good defense? (Kuharsky)[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]25 (27)[/td][td]Seahawks[/td][td]5-11-0[/td][td]Immediate expectations for QB Charlie Whitehurst subsided pretty quickly once Seattle hit the practice field. (Sando)[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]26 (23)[/td][td]Jaguars[/td][td]7-9-0[/td][td]If only the Jaguars resided in the AFC West ... or the NFC West.(Kuharsky)[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]27 (28)[/td][td]Chiefs[/td][td]4-12-0[/td][td]The Chiefs are hoping safety Eric Berry will provide immediate help. K.C.'s defense ranked 30th in 2009. (Kuharsky)[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]28 (25)[/td][td]Browns[/td][td]5-11-0[/td][td]The first year of the Mike Holmgren era could be rough. This team lacks talent across the board. (Walker)[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]29 (31)[/td][td]Lions[/td][td]2-14-0[/td][td]After the 2009 season, the Lions have nowhere to go but up. So does their pass defense, which ranked 32nd last season and allowed 266 yards per game. (Walker)[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]30 (30)[/td][td]Buccaneers[/td][td]3-13-0[/td][td]How well can a young head coach with a defensive background manage Josh Freeman, a franchise quarterback entering his first full season as an NFL starter? (Sando)[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]31 (24)[/td][td]Bills[/td][td]6-10-0[/td][td]The only thing the Bills can look forward to is the 2011 draft and a new quarterback. (Clayton)[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]32 (32)[/td][td]Rams[/td][td]1-15-0[/td][td]The big question heading into camp is whether rookie QB Sam Bradford can earn the starting job by Week 1. (Sando)[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Something is REALLY strange about that fall that Sergio Kindle took.

He fell down 2 flights of stairs.....
Didn't sign his contract either
not to make light of the situation...but it musta been something like this:

2vt5cbb.jpg

In most instances, there's a platform that separates the different flights....he musta fallen down one, hit the wall then fallen down the other....

I dunno....seems shady to me. 

Jets have now contacted T.O. as well. My boy has options now
laugh.gif

Glad to see that a future hall of famer is gettting the proper recognition he deserves.

Having our QB position locked up for a decade
46b260c1f98d853ee114c2bfac0e36badd76d152_r.gif

Doesn't really matter, the organization as a whole will still be mediocre at best.

I mean !*++, if the Vikings have been mediocre, what have YOU guys been over the past 10 years? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Haven't won a playoff game or BEEN in the playoffs since 2002.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

That 2-14 season in 2004 must have really been worth it... getting Alex bum +%+ Smith in the draft #1 overall to be the savior
laugh.gif

*Since I expect a response, let's see if you have something more creative than the ever so recycled Favre or Lombardi responses.
nerd.gif

Mount Cody has been put on the PUP list by the Ravens because he failed his physical.

I for one, am completely shocked.
laugh.gif

Cody, shocking.  Talk about a dude who is going to get hazed. 

Pats have signed all their picks except for 1st rounder McCourty.  Good to see Spikes & Cunningham get signed before camp, think they are going to play a big part this year. 

Trent Williams (reportedly) has signed....

pimp.gif
Are the details out? Have the others from the drafted signed as well? Can't seem to find info myself.

Back
Top Bottom