Official 10' NFL Offseason Thread: CIN sign T.O. 1yr/2m

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

If Seattle wanted a #1 receiver to pair with TJ that badly, they should have matched Baltimore's offer for Q. Q is very similar to Marshall and is not that far off in production. His numbers were slighted by Fitz over the years in the desert. Think about it: 6th overall pick vs. third and fourth-round picks? No brainer.

With the 6th overall pick Seattle sits in a pretty position. They have the luxury of going BPA because someone will drop whether it be JPP, Morgan, Berry, etc. I definitely want that pick if I'm the Seahawks. A premier player will be sitting there waiting to fall in their laps...
Matching it probably wouldn't have done any good.  I doubt Arizona would trade him within the division. 

firmly disagree with trading the 6th overall pick for Brandon Marshall. There's too much talent at the top of this draft to make such a move. PC would be foolish to pull the trigger. Seattle has some holes to fill and they certainly need to get younger, well 2 first-rounders can help do that instantly. I've argued that the 14th pick should go to a QB whether it be Bradford or Clausen, assuming they slip that far. They need a franchise QB to win significant games - Hasselbeck is no longer the answer.

My argument was based on WR's alone. If Seattle was absolutely set on WR's and the comparison was between an established Brandon Marshall and
selecting Dez Bryant with the 6th pick, I'm saying I would make the trade and bring in B-Marsh.

But I agree with you as far as the 6th pick going to more talent. You definitely want to secure your franchise QB before you get another WR.
I have no problems with that at all.

But if Seattle was a lock to go WR with that 6th pick, I like the idea of trading for B-Marsh more than selecting Dez.

Don't do it, B. A better situation will come along.
I'm gonna enjoy watching Rolle get toasted by the Eagles twice a year.I hope you Giants fans realize Antrel is decent at best.
its a new day when Antrel Rolle is looked upon as a premiere safety
Word. So glad Dallas didn't buy into him.

Give me Otogwe, or Bethea if you're willing to give up the compensation.

Are you getting a better football player at 6 than Brandon Marshall?

why pay an unknown big money when you can get one of the best players in the league?

i've been on the fence about trading draft picks in the NFL, but I'm moving over to the side of dealing them for legit players (as long as it's not SEVERAL picks)

******** owner Daniel Snyder endured some pointed barbs from former Washington RB John Riggins last season, "dark heart", etc.

Now he's getting by a predictable hater in former Cowboys RB Emmitt Smith, who tells SLAM magazine:
"I loved defeating the ********. I loved it, I loved it, I loved it with a passion," Smith said. "And I loved it more when Daniel Snyder got the team, for a number of reasons. I did. Because here is a guy who thought he could build a football team just because he has the money to buy players.  There's more to it than that. And he's not a compassionate person, not a compassionate person at all from what I understand. And that makes me just want to pummel somebody. You know, you hate to see pride, wearing itself on his forehead and his chest. And to me, arrogance sticks out like a sore thumb when you talk about him. And the lack of compassion for others is a problem. Because it's not that hard to be compassionate."

Snyder responded Saturday in a statement released through the ******** p.r. department:
"I applaud Emmitt Smith's induction into the NFL Hall of Fame and, from what I understand, he's a heck of a dancer. I think we've only met once briefly at an NFL function in 2000.  I will say, however, that I like to think of myself as being a compassionate person, except toward the Dallas Cowboys."

See you in Canton, fellas. -- Nate Davis

Link

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TheGift23

Snyder responded Saturday in a statement released through the ******** p.r. department:
"I applaud Emmitt Smith's induction into the NFL Hall of Fame and, from what I understand, he's a heck of a dancer. I think we've only met once briefly at an NFL function in 2000.  I will say, however, that I like to think of myself as being a compassionate person, except toward the Dallas Cowboys."

See you in Canton, fellas. -- Nate Davis

Link

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
@ throwing that in there.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Are you getting a better football player at 6 than Brandon Marshall?

why pay an unknown big money when you can get one of the best players in the league?

i've been on the fence about trading draft picks in the NFL, but I'm moving over to the side of dealing them for legit players (as long as it's not SEVERAL picks)
Exactly. Hopefully Seattle will pull the trigger or get the Broncos to compensate for less because Marshall will make an IMMEDIATE impact.

Originally Posted by Law3001

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

If the hawks get b-marsh....
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

We're giving up a 6th pick (if we sign him), he better pan out
ohwell.gif
. I wasn't that big on the Hous signing ( he's always been a NO.2 imo), so this move not only could get us a legit big time Receiver, he's young too. But we need address the QB situation, Hasslebeck got 2-3 years at max left int he tank and thats a stretch. Plus our O-line is still questionably, the running game needs a upgrade and lets not get started on the holes in the defensive.

We got a long way to go IMO
True we do need a franchise QB so like I said hopefully the hawks can get the broncos to compensate for a little less. But yeah if we add Marshall it would most definitely help out Housh because like you said he's more of a #2 wideout. Yeah we have a long way to go but this signing would help out tremendously.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

T.O. to the Bengals is looking good.
This needs to happen. And you guys just cut Coles.

Owens hasn't tweeted since prior to Free Agency. He must be floating around trying to get a deal done some where.

You guys are comedians. Rolle is a good player. No one is comparing him to Ed Reed who is going to retire in 2 years or however long his body holds up, or Palumalu who barely stays healthy. Rolle is a probowl player. Plus he fills a big need before the draft.

Plus, I dunno abt this talk abt Dez Bryant having a higher ceiling than Brandon Marshall. Marshall is legit and has proven himself against NFL defenses. Marshall is a top 5 receiver right now and gets all the attention. Any contract Dez gets will make him one of of the highest paid recievers.

[h2]Adam_Schefter[/h2]Busy week ahead for Seahawks - hosting visits with former Patriots TE Chris Baker and Saints RB Mike Bell.

Originally Posted by TeflanDon

[h2]Adam_Schefter[/h2]Busy week ahead for Seahawks - hosting visits with former Patriots TE Chris Baker and Saints RB Mike Bell.
Targeting Chris Baker, the Touchdown Maker!? Real busy over in Seattle
laugh.gif
Originally Posted by h3at23

AdamSchein

as we told you on sny and sirius all week look for @kerryrhodes to get traded to cards for a 4th round pick
Tannenbaum said yesterday his $2 million is being picked up and will remain with the team. Was that a bluff?

Once I posted this, I checked the Jets forums I post at, and a thread was made saying we traded Kerry for a 2010 4th round and 2011 7th round.

So...

No Rolle (which I'm glad about)
No Rhodes
I think it's safe to say Jerry won't trade a first for Bethea
Atogwe?

Why do I have a feeling either Ken Hamlin or Taylor Mays will be in the Cowboys' secondary next season?

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

Mike
laugh.gif

sick.gif
For a 4th this year and a 2011 7th? Jeez...
We better be going after Atogwe (sorry KLJ) or some other upgrade that's already proven.

We should have just used Rhodes for a Boldin trade like the rumors were the last few days.

Back
Top Bottom