Official 10' NFL Offseason Thread: CIN sign T.O. 1yr/2m

Originally Posted by usherplaylist

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Props to Ty Warren....there's nothing like getting that degree....the NFL money will come and go, but that diploma will always be with you. Homie got sights on a bigger picture...can't be mad at that.

Yes a degree is nice but 250K thats almost 4 times what a normal person with a degree makes in a YEAR.  Thats 250K for working about 50-60 days for about 2-3 hours a day.

This isnt a smart business decision.
You're looking at the short-term, my friend.  Think big picture. 

Wouldn't it make more sense to get the degree, you know, AFTER YOU'RE DONE PLAYING FOOTBALL? $250k is a LOT of coin. Dude clearly has no concept of money since he's making so much RIGHT NOW. $250k will put all of his kids through college.  Sounds like Ty isn't thinking about the big picture.

Clearly he is thinking about the big picture if he's already planning on life after football.  And that is a concept that many dudes in the NFL can't seem to grasp.  He signed a 36 mil extension thru 2013, so obviously money isn't an issue to him.  I gotta give him props because it's easy to:

1.  Lose motivation for school if you already have $ locked up

2.  Not want to do anything with your life after retirement from the NFL. 

and here's a quote from an article that I read....

Given the average shelf life of an NFL player, having his degree beyond his playing days will provide Warren with more opportunity to earn an income and provide for his family while setting an example for his children.

http://www.fanway.com/live/blog/2010/03/17/653-pats-ty-warren-chooses-school-over-money.html

again....he's CLEARLY looking at a bigger picture. 

Chris Mortensen just reported Tim Tebow got invited to the draft. 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by h3at23

Adam_Schefter

Philadelphia Eagles today announced they have released offensive lineman Shawn Andrews.
 alexmarvez

sorry for twitter delay. tebow threw and looked better. tighter spiral, good release point
Great OL talent for the Eagles, but injuries and weight problems cut his stay short.  Good luck to wherever you go this offseason.

And turrible for the NFL inviting Tebow to come to the draft.

I been saying, someone is gonna reach and take Tebow in the 1st round.

I almost would bet money on it.

NT goes down if Tebow is called on the first day.  I feel sorry already for whatever team does that.  I don't care if it's the Pats, or the Saints, or the Colts.  Every team needs a player at a position before they need a project fullback. 

Originally Posted by WILLINC

I been saying, someone is gonna reach and take Tebow in the 1st round.

I almost would bet money on it.

and i'll feel sorry for their fans
roll.gif
roll.gif

hopefully its not the patriots though
tired.gif

Originally Posted by TeflanDon

Why does everyone hate Tebow? Not that it bothers me, but I'm just curious.

Because the media shoved him down our throat. Since he hasn't been playing every Saturday, the complete coverage slowed down so, I can root for the guy, but I'm sure that's why the majority of people don't like him. He was in the media WAY too often, especially for simple !%%%. (IE: Brett Favre) ...

Mister Friendly wrote:

DoubleJs07 wrote:

Props to Ty Warren....there's nothing like getting that degree....the NFL money will come and go, but that diploma will always be with you. Homie got sights on a bigger picture...can't be mad at that.

Yes a degree is nice but 250K thats almost 4 times what a normal person with a degree makes in a YEAR.  Thats 250K for working about 50-60 days for about 2-3 hours a day.

This isnt a smart business decision.
You're looking at the short-term, my friend.  Think big picture. 

If it was about money, he would have stayed playing professional football.

[h1]Eric Berry sprains his toe at Pro Day[/h1]
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 17, 2010 6:52 PM ET

Tennessee safety Eric Berry had to cut short his workout at the Volunteers' Pro Day today, pulling up with an injury described as a sprained big toe during his first positional drills.

Steve Wyche of NFL Network reports that Berry suffered what has been initially diagnosed as a left big toe sprain that cut short his workout.

Berry suffered the injury while doing backpedaling drills run by Chiefs defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel. He went into a training room to ice his foot and was described as "wearing sneakers and walking with a slight limp" afterward.

Berry is considered the top defensive back in the draft, and after his impressive combine performance, he really didn't need to do much at his Pro Day. All indications are that the toe injury will be a minor annoyance, not a major concern.

Originally Posted by DLo13

Just because you cleared his dishes doesn't mean you had breakfast with him...

Nah my good man, I am trying to survey the land of opportunity from every angle
pimp.gif

*edit

just realized it was a DLo response
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom