Official 10' NFL Offseason Thread: CIN sign T.O. 1yr/2m

[h1]First rumbles of McNabb-to-Raiders trade terms emerge[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on March 25, 2010 6:37 PM ET

Every once in a while, we develop a tipster who builds a track record of providing tips that end up being true.

And one of our latest tipsters who has been accurate with past tips (for the most part) has now given us a tip regarding the trade terms that possibly would send Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb to the Raiders.

Per the tip -- uncorroborated but nevertheless intriguing -- McNabb and cornerback Asante Samuel would go to Oakland, and cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha would go to Philadelphia.

We don't know whether an offer of this nature has been made.  We suspect that the Eagles would, at a minimum, want to replace Samuel with Sheldon Brown.

Anyway, stay tuned.  This is all uncorroborated, but we know that our friends in Philly are desperate for information, and that our friends in Oakland are desperate for hope.

Originally Posted by Put em up

sick.gif
if Nabb goes to Oakland. Please don't %$*% on that man like that. People go there to die off.

Sapp
Moss
McFadden
McNabb? God no!!

smh.gif
sapp =  end of his career.
moss = dont get me started.
eyes.gif

mcfadden = hasn't been healthy enough to evaluate

whatever. i just want this team to get better. mcnabb > rest of our qbs.

Originally Posted by h3at23

[h1]First rumbles of McNabb-to-Raiders trade terms emerge[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on March 25, 2010 6:37 PM ET

Every once in a while, we develop a tipster who builds a track record of providing tips that end up being true.

And one of our latest tipsters who has been accurate with past tips (for the most part) has now given us a tip regarding the trade terms that possibly would send Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb to the Raiders.

Per the tip -- uncorroborated but nevertheless intriguing -- McNabb and cornerback Asante Samuel would go to Oakland, and cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha would go to Philadelphia.

We don't know whether an offer of this nature has been made.  We suspect that the Eagles would, at a minimum, want to replace Samuel with Sheldon Brown.

Anyway, stay tuned.  This is all uncorroborated, but we know that our friends in Philly are desperate for information, and that our friends in Oakland are desperate for hope.

please be true

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Tebow is a cool dude.
I think dudes gon underestimate him in the locker room. If we hear about him supersockin somebody don't be shocked.
indifferent.gif
It was a joke. Like when you said Brandon Marshall was the best WR in the AFC last year.

McNabb and Sam for Namdi????  No picks or anything in the deal? 

Why would Philly do that?  Save money? 
grin.gif

RIP to their career if they get moved to Oakland. 
smh.gif

no way the eagles take just asomugha..

as much as i like the dude and would LOVEEEEEEEE for him to be in green.. the eagles would want more.. especially if it's mcnabb AND asante..

this is the raiders after all.. and also they might just want to unload asomugha's contract which voids after the second season unless the Raiders pay him $16.8 million for 2011 or the franchise tag for a quarterback, whichever is higher.

Tebow is a cool dude.
I think dudes gon underestimate him in the locker room. If we hear about him supersockin somebody don't be shocked.
indifferent.gif
It was a joke. Like when you said Brandon Marshall was the best WR in the AFC last year.
I mean, it was him or Dre last year and I would take Marshall over Dre. That Denver O was stupid conservative last year.

Update:

[h1]AP Source: Eagles want a top 42 pick for McNabb[/h1]PHILADELPHIA - Teams interested in acquiring Donovan McNabb will have to part with a high draft pick to get him.
A person familiar with trade discussions involving McNabb told the Associated Press the Philadelphia Eagles will only consider a deal for the six-time Pro Bowl quarterback if it includes a pick among the top 42 in next month's NFL draft.

The person spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity Thursday because the team doesn't comment on potential trades.

After months of saying McNabb would return for another year, Eagles coach Andy Reid acknowledged Wednesday he was listening to offers for McNabb, Kevin Kolb and Michael Vick.

Oakland, Buffalo and St. Louis are considered to be most interested in McNabb. Each team has two picks in the top 42.

It's unlikely any of those teams would give up a first-round pick for McNabb. The Rams have the first overall selection, the Raiders pick eighth and the Bills are ninth. In the second round, however, the Rams have the 33rd pick, Raiders are 39th and Bills are 41st.

A rumored deal that would've sent McNabb to St. Louis for the 33rd pick and safety Oshiomoghe Atogwe was strongly denied by several Rams officials, including coach Steve Spagnuolo.

The Raiders are now considered the front-runner for McNabb if a deal is made. It's still possible the Eagles would accept a pick outside the top 42 if a team sweetened the offer with other picks and/or players.

McNabb is expendable because he's entering the final season of his contract and Kolb is considered the quarterback of the future. The 33-year-old McNabb has led Philadelphia to five NFC championship games in 11 seasons, winning one NFC title.

McNabb had an outstanding season last year until the final two games — consecutive losses at Dallas. The first loss to the Cowboys cost the Eagles the NFC East title and a first-round bye in the playoffs. The next one came in the wild-card playoff.

Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/36044448/

This sounds more plausible than the Raiders deal.

Coincidence? The Raiders and Bills, considered the early favorites to land McNabb, have the 39th and 41st picks respectively. The 49ers' second-round pick is only 49th, but they could conceivably add another player or pick to entice the Eagles. The Rams, Browns and Cardinals have denied interest, and the Vikings, Seahawks, Broncos and Jaguars are not believed to be in the mix to acquire McNabb.

The 49ers pick has also been speculated to be traded for Leon Washington too, but that rumor has been dying down as of late.

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

Update:

[h1]AP Source: Eagles want a top 42 pick for McNabb[/h1]PHILADELPHIA - Teams interested in acquiring Donovan McNabb will have to part with a high draft pick to get him.
A person familiar with trade discussions involving McNabb told the Associated Press the Philadelphia Eagles will only consider a deal for the six-time Pro Bowl quarterback if it includes a pick among the top 42 in next month's NFL draft.

The person spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity Thursday because the team doesn't comment on potential trades.

After months of saying McNabb would return for another year, Eagles coach Andy Reid acknowledged Wednesday he was listening to offers for McNabb, Kevin Kolb and Michael Vick.

Oakland, Buffalo and St. Louis are considered to be most interested in McNabb. Each team has two picks in the top 42.

It's unlikely any of those teams would give up a first-round pick for McNabb. The Rams have the first overall selection, the Raiders pick eighth and the Bills are ninth. In the second round, however, the Rams have the 33rd pick, Raiders are 39th and Bills are 41st.

A rumored deal that would've sent McNabb to St. Louis for the 33rd pick and safety Oshiomoghe Atogwe was strongly denied by several Rams officials, including coach Steve Spagnuolo.

The Raiders are now considered the front-runner for McNabb if a deal is made. It's still possible the Eagles would accept a pick outside the top 42 if a team sweetened the offer with other picks and/or players.

McNabb is expendable because he's entering the final season of his contract and Kolb is considered the quarterback of the future. The 33-year-old McNabb has led Philadelphia to five NFC championship games in 11 seasons, winning one NFC title.

McNabb had an outstanding season last year until the final two games — consecutive losses at Dallas. The first loss to the Cowboys cost the Eagles the NFC East title and a first-round bye in the playoffs. The next one came in the wild-card playoff.

Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/36044448/

This sounds more plausible than the Raiders deal.

Coincidence? The Raiders and Bills, considered the early favorites to land McNabb, have the 39th and 41st picks respectively. The 49ers' second-round pick is only 49th, but they could conceivably add another player or pick to entice the Eagles. The Rams, Browns and Cardinals have denied interest, and the Vikings, Seahawks, Broncos and Jaguars are not believed to be in the mix to acquire McNabb.

The 49ers pick has also been speculated to be traded for Leon Washington too, but that rumor has been dying down as of late.

The 49ers should try to pick up Michael Vick.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Tebow is a cool dude.
indifferent.gif
I mean, it was him or Dre last year and I would take Marshall over Dre. That Denver O was stupid conservative last year.

Dudes a beast, don't get me wrong. I told Gunna last year B Marsh is a monster. But to me, dude seems to shrink at times (oooo No Mo). For example, a few games, dude was playing like the holy ghost was in him. Then other games, he doesn't play up to his potential. I chose Dre because he was more consistent last year.

Now that could be due to the offense and pieces around him so maybe B is the best. He's kinda like Moss. Crazy skill set, but can you count on him at all times? We'll see though.

Oh and the Eagles are idiots if they get rid of Donovan. The Colts wouldn't do this to Peyton. Even if He didn't have a ring yet.

[h1]Pacman Jones expected to become a Lion next week[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on March 26, 2010 7:13 AM ET

So NBC Sports Digital G.M. Rick Cordella gets to attend the Interactive Sports Conference in Las Vegas.  And he's justifying the write off by gathering some information for PFT.

On Thursday afternoon, Cordella passed along some intriguing quotes from Titans running back Chris Johnson.  On Thursday night, after yours truly had retired for the evening following the latest post-WVU tourney win couch burning, Cordella passed along a nugget he picked up while making plans to steal Mike Tyson's tiger.

Per Cordella's sources in Sin City, cornerback Pacman Jones has agreed to terms with the Detroit Lions, and the move will be announced next Tuesday.

On Tuesday, Detroit G.M. Martin Mayhew said that Jones "has a skill set" that would help the team, but that a move was not "imminent."  It could be that the Lions decided from a P.R. standpoint to let the notion of Pacman joining the team sink in slowly.

It remains to be seen whether Jones has anything left, given that he was drafted five years ago and hasn't played much football in the last three.  But we'll agree that Jones "has a skill set" that would help the Lions, given that roughly half of the U.S. male population between the ages of 17 and 34 "has a skill set" that would help the Lions.

UPDATE:  Swiftly responding to this report, Tom Kowalski of Mlive.com says that a deal has not yet been reached between the Lions and Jones.  Presumably, Kowalski is getting his information from the Lions; the folks close to Jones think a deal is done.  (And, of course, that could be another reason for the Lions to run the other way.)

Adam_Schefter

Interesting that Donovan McNabb wants to play in Minnesota. Problems is, everyone around league expects Brett Favre to be back with Vikings.   

Jeff_Darlington

Syracuse WR Mike Williams impressed the Dolphins with his athleticism and stamina during a private workout on Friday, source says   

Virginia CB Chris Cook will work out privately for Dolphins today, sources say. Cook had a solid Combine before an underwhelming Pro Day

[h1]Jets expect Belichick to be watching Hard Knocks[/h1]
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 26, 2010 10:20 AM ET

The silliest concern we've seen raised in the New York media since the Jets' involvement in Hard Knocks was announced is the notion the team could be at a competitive disadvantage.

Anyone voicing that worry hasn't watched previous seasons.  Nothing is given away, although a few sensitive players could have their feelings hurt when they hear what's said behind closed doors.

The leadership in New York doesn't sound too worried, and joked that their rivals to the North to be watching the show closely.

"Do I think Bill Belichick will be watching us?" G.M. Mike Tannebaum asked.  "If I was working for Bill, these are the type of projects he'd have me doing."

Ryan said plays and strategy won't be given away

"I think, you know -- I trust, you know, let's just throw a guy out there -- anybody," Ryan said. "Bill Belichick. Let's just throw him out there."  (Cue uproarious media laughter.)  "He's going to do his due diligence. He's going to do his work, anyway. He's going to have a huge opinion on our players, one way or the other."

laugh.gif
 cheating aint ez.......

[h3]McNabb deal a question of where and when  [/h3]
March, 26, 2010
Mar 26

10:13

AM ET

Adam Schefter often answers readers' questions in his blog. Have a query of your own? Submit it right here.

Q: If you had to speculate, is it more likely Donovan McNabb stays in Philly or a trade finally gets done? There seems to be a lot of empty talk about it but no real action, and if he's not dealt before the draft, isn't it safe to assume he's not going anywhere?

-- Scott (Baltimore)

A: Scott, it's not empty talk. It's real. The Eagles are fully expected to trade one of their quarterbacks. The big question is which one. Michael Vick is not commanding the value they hoped, Kevin Kolb is too much a part of their future and that leaves McNabb. I believe that, before the draft is under way, the Eagles will have dealt McNabb. Doesn't mean I'm right, but that's my belief: McNabb is headed somewhere. The real question is where and when.

Q: What are your thoughts on the new OT rule?

-- Pat (Smyrna, Ga.)

A: Pat, with all due respect to Saints coach Sean Payton, the more I think about it, the more I like it. There is strategy involved, there is fairness involved and I like it. Never liked if one team, such as Minnesota, was denied a chance to even get the ball in overtime. This new system is not perfect, but it is improved. Given my choice, I'd like to see them play one extra 10-minute quarter for overtime or even use the college football overtime system -- there's so much excitement to that. But at least it won't be the same system they used before, which had more flaws than the new one they'll be using.

Q: I am a concerned Oakland Raiders fan and my questions are simple. What is it gonna take to turn my guys around? Have you heard ANYTHING positive from anywhere about Oakland? We have trouble on offense, trouble in the front office and there was even talk of trading Nnamdi Asomugha this offseason. What gives?

-- Michael Moore (Oakland, Calif.)

A: You hit on many of the issues, Michael. To me, it's pretty simple. This is a quarterback league. If a team has a good quarterback, it's going to be a good team. If it doesn't, it's not. The Raiders have struggled at the quarterback position. The last time this team was competitive, Rich Gannon was its quarterback; he was a tough competitor. When the Raiders won the Super Bowl, Jim Plunkett was their quarterback. JaMarcus Russell lacks the traits those quarterbacks had. If the Raiders can get improved play at quarterback, there is talent on the roster. But it all starts with the man who touches the football on every play. This simplifies their issues, of course, but it's a good start.

Q: How come no one has been talking about the moves the Detroit Lions are making? They have put themselves into position for a really good defense and an improving offense. I have been a Lions fan for many years and so I need to know; is it too early to call for playoffs in two, maybe three, years?

-- Corey Haynes (Chicago)

A: Corey, you can call for the playoffs in two or maybe three years for any team in the league. It's a cyclical league for most teams. Teams bounce up and down from one year to the next. And I would say to you what I said to Michael in Oakland. If Matthew Stafford develops into the quarterback Detroit hopes he will be -- and I will say, I'm not convinced he will just yet -- the Lions will be playoff contenders. If he flounders, the franchise will continue to do the same.

Q: If you were the coach of the Denver Broncos and Brandon Marshall, Elvis Dumervil and Kyle Orton have been tendered, what would you pick up in the first round of the draft?

-- Tyler (Denver)

A: Tyler, Denver can't get enough defensive help in its front seven, even after signing Justin Bannan, Jamal Williams and Jarvis Green. The Broncos still could use more pass-rushers. They still could use more playmakers. They still could use a tougher defense. They didn't get as many defensive studs in last year's draft as they had hoped. This year, in a perfect world, I'd bet they'd like to go defense in the draft -- if the right player is there. But the pick can't be forced, as the Broncos showed last year. When they went to make their first pick and didn't think the defensive players were worthy of that slot, they picked running back Knowshon Moreno. You go with the best player available -- but Denver would love for it to be a defensive stud.

Q: It doesn't seem like we've seen a lot of big money defensive free-agent deals this offseason. Any particular reason for that?

-- Nate (New York)

A: The biggest, Nate, is that there has been a lack of young, dynamic defensive playmakers available. When there are good, young defensive players, they get paid. Period. There have been some big deals given out to Chicago's Julius Peppers and Miami's Karlos Dansby. But think about this: There has been some money doled out at the defensive tackle position. This offseason, agent Kennard McGuire negotiated $74 million worth of defensive tackle deals for New England's Vince Wilfork, Green Bay's Ryan Pickett and Baltimore's Cory Redding. So there has been some defensive money going out in some places, just not every place.

Originally Posted by purplenurple1414

Nnamdi + 2nd round pick for McNabb + Sheldon Brown...
:smoking I ain't mad at that

i would do that... would throw in a 4th as well for kirk morrison

The Vikings would be insane to pass up McNabb for one more season with Favre.

But anyways I don't believe for a minute Philly trades him there.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Originally Posted by purplenurple1414

Nnamdi + 2nd round pick for McNabb + Sheldon Brown...
:smoking I ain't mad at that

i would do that... would throw in a 4th as well for kirk morrison
Morrison has a 3rd Round Tender on him right now. And as a Raider fan I sure as hell hope that trade doesn't happen.

Originally Posted by TheGift23

pretty much.....

even if they send #5 to the rams, it doesnt matter, they wont meet in the playoffs
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

raiders/buffalo seem like good deals......

i in all honesty dont see the eagles winning a superbowl with mcnabb, not sayin hes the issue, but for some reason i dont see it happening... they should cut ties now while they can and do it and get high draft picks..

You think McNabb is better than Favre?

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

You think McNabb is better than Favre?

Vikings would be ******ed to not try and get McNabb.

Anyone who would take Favre over McNabb right now is smoking crack.

Back
Top Bottom