Official 10' NFL Offseason Thread: CIN sign T.O. 1yr/2m

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

Originally Posted by dreClark

^

I don't fault Jake for that. I mean, it's not like he had the best RB tandem in the league or a top 5 WR.

Now that he's in Cleveland it's a different story. Those are things he doesn't have to worry about anymore.

Cut the excuses for Jake. The dude was the worst QB in all of football this past season. You act like Steve Smith is a bum at WR...but how are you gonna get anything going when the guy can't read defenses and throws lousy lopsided passes that float in the air all day and end up in the secondary's hands?

I guess Steve Smith and company are supposed to stop in mid-route and run back a few yards up the field to come back for a Jake Delhomme wobbler in the air. 
smh.gif

...and they don't have a good RB tandem in the NFL?
indifferent.gif
  Jonathan Stewart and DeAngelo Williams each had over 1100 yards each on the season. I don't know what games of the Panthers you were watching...but they have offensive talent on that team. Jake was the problem..plain and simple..and he knows it...but that's Clevelands problem now.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Dre's post is dripping with sarcasm.

Originally Posted by gobucksBC

dreClark wrote:

^

I don't fault Jake for that. I mean, it's not like he had the best RB tandem in the league or a top 5 WR.

Now that he's in Cleveland it's a different story. Those are things he doesn't have to worry about anymore.

Cut the excuses for Jake. The dude was the worst QB in all of football this past season. You act like Steve Smith is a bum at WR...but how are you gonna get anything going when the guy can't read defenses and throws lousy lopsided passes that float in the air all day and end up in the secondary's hands?

I guess Steve Smith and company are supposed to stop in mid-route and run back a few yards up the field to come back for a Jake Delhomme wobbler in the air. 
smh.gif

indifferent.gif
  Jonathan Stewart and DeAngelo Williams each had over 1100 yards each on the season. I don't know what games of the Panthers you were watching...but they have offensive talent on that team. Jake was the problem..plain and simple..and he knows it...but that's Clevelands problem now.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I'm saying. How does dude not see that?
laugh.gif

Point just flew over his head

I'm guessing Seneca will be at the helm instead of Jake, I always like Wallace from his college days

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Originally Posted by gobucksBC

dreClark wrote:

^

smh.gif

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I'm saying. How does dude not see that?
laugh.gif

It's early in the morning here. I'm not worried about sarcasm.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

Quinn still deserves to get a shot somewhere. I'm not saying you hand him a starting job somewhere, but I'd like to see him get at least half a season's work in as a starter for a decent team. Denver seems ideal to me right now.

I will never understand Anderson's 2007 season. Was it just an anomaly in what could be an average career? We'll see.

Yeah I'm really surprised they traded Brady Quinn for next to nothing. I'm not sure if he can be a great player in the NFL but he seems like he can be  a servicable starter if you surround him with talent. But watch they're gonna end up trading away Brandon Marshall their best weapon for peanuts and he'll be stuck in the same situation again.

Brady Quinn stats were okay to me

1902 Passing yds,  52 completion pct, 10 TDs  9 INTS.....That completion pct in horrible but at least the INT numbers arent super high.

But he can always be a model if this doesnt work out.

brady_quinn_mh0003.jpg

I like the idea of Quinn gettin a shot in Denver.  Seems like Josh can make anyone a good QB, or so I've been told. 

LT. 
tired.gif
  I used to like you.  Now you joined a buncha bums.  Shame. 

[h1]Larry Foote "excited to return" to Steelers[/h1]
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 15, 2010 10:56 AM ET

Free agent linebacker Larry Foote appears close to agreeing to a deal to return to the Pittsburgh Steelers.

"I am excited to return," Foote told Terry Foster of the Detroit News. "They called."

Foote played for the Steelers from 2002 to 2008 before signing with his hometown team, the Lions, in 2009. Even though things didn't go particularly well in Detroit, Foote says he doesn't regret it.

"It was a positive experience," he said. "I mean, I got to play at home, but the part that stunk is that all of the games were not on television. ... But overall, the people I met and networked with, I was happy about the situation."

The Cardinals are the other team in the running for Foote, but a story on the Cardinals' official web site says it doesn't look like it's going to work out in Arizona, so Pittsburgh seems to be the place Foote will sign, possibly as soon as today.

[h1]Report: Giants win "secret" coin toss, Woody Johnson outraged[/h1]
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 15, 2010 12:29 PM ET

The Jets don't have to play in Giants Stadium anymore, but they still feel like they are being treated as second class citizens.

The New York Daily News reports Jets owner Woody Johnson is "outraged" after the Giants won a secret coin toss Monday to determine what team gets to play first in the new Meadowlands Stadium.   Apparently, no Jets or Giants representatives were in attendance for the flip.

The decision was reportedly made at the league offices, an odd development after a NFL spokesman said Saturday that commissioner Roger Goodell would solely determine the schedule

Whether the league likes it or not, Johnson's "outrage" is going to create the impression that the decision was conveniently rigged.  And the Jets, as usual, got the short end of the stick. 

We can't wait to see Tuesday's back pages after this one.

Originally Posted by h3at23

[h1]Report: Giants win "secret" coin toss, Woody Johnson outraged[/h1]
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 15, 2010 12:29 PM ET

The Jets don't have to play in Giants Stadium anymore, but they still feel like they are being treated as second class citizens.

The New York Daily News reports Jets owner Woody Johnson is "outraged" after the Giants won a secret coin toss Monday to determine what team gets to play first in the new Meadowlands Stadium.   Apparently, no Jets or Giants representatives were in attendance for the flip.

The decision was reportedly made at the league offices, an odd development after a NFL spokesman said Saturday that commissioner Roger Goodell would solely determine the schedule

Whether the league likes it or not, Johnson's "outrage" is going to create the impression that the decision was conveniently rigged.  And the Jets, as usual, got the short end of the stick. 

We can't wait to see Tuesday's back pages after this one.
Should have gotten our own stadium in the city.

Just got one of them ESPN alerts, breaking news that Favre was involved in recruiting LT a "clue" Favre plans to play in 2010.

laugh.gif
come on now

Originally Posted by Proshares

Just got one of them ESPN alerts, breaking news that Favre was involved in recruiting LT a "clue" Favre plans to play in 2010.

laugh.gif
come on now
Don't let Ry see this post, he boutta go crazy in here. 
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom