**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

According to Alan Hahn earlier today, the candidates for the GM/President position are Kevin Pritchard, Mark Warkentien and Ed Stefanski. Might have been a few changes since that was said though.

Originally Posted by Rudemiester

How can you Knick fans really continue to support this? This dude cares more about money than he does about championships.
30t6p3b.gif
I been asking the same question for like 5 + years now.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

The day that the James Dolan sells the Knicks will be the happiest day of my goddamn life
30t6p3b.gif
James Dolan disgusts me. I can't say it enough times.

As long as Dolan is president we won't win a championship. The organization resembles our owner and our owner is only concerned with money and ticket sales. Horrible

You just got set back 10 years......
Dolan was trying to keep the pieces to get another star after Melo, and your owner flatout pays more just to flex?
Lebron is who Lebron is, but he was never coming to play with Amare, or for Dantoni.
He could have lived with Amare sure, and they are talented enough to have made it work, but Dantoni, and the whole Isiah thing made it worse.
Isiah is someone who as a player I could talk to and it would be nice to have him around not as gm or president.

So now Isiah needs to say he has no desire to be Kicks coach again either. I always figured when he did return to the NBA it'd be as a coach. So go coach in DET or MIN or or GS Zeke.

im a non believer of this dolan hype that he fired donnie... i think donnie just didnt't want to come back.... he felt like he didn't have control of the team and was second fiddle to isiah...i really do think dolan tried to keep donnie.. lets remember he did chase after donnie after he fired isiah to become president... he could have held interviews for the position but took the guy he felt was best for the president role and that was donnie...there was so much talk over the last few months about donnie coming back or not and then dolan was supposed to give him a contract but no agreement was made... so i don't know who to blame really... as a die-hard knicks fan i was disappointed when i heard the news... it felt like the knicks were back to square 1 in the isiah era... only difference is they got a better team... i just hope someone can come in and replace donnie and do a good job like him..

Dolan has 5 kids so I don't think he is ever going to sell the team...

Anyways, bad day for all Knicks' fans but I just read this April NYMag story on Carmelo Anthony that might lift spirits:

[h2]This ’Melo Is[/h2][h3]Don’t be fooled by his low-key vibe. Carmelo Anthony has brought excitement, and hope for a title, back to the Knicks.[/h3]
http://nymag.com/print/?/.../carmelo-anthony-2011-4/

I feel sorry for you....
But if the plan is to presue another superstar Prichard needs to get in the building tomorrow.
He is gone get you the picks to make good deals.
Once you get the picks and eventually CP3 its going to be about getting the right coach.
I have no clue who would work with that squad though. No one right now off the top of my head is a better option than Pringles
But with Prichard you know 2 things. He will use the owner's pocket books decently, and he can get young guys who can contribute from day 1.
Mix that in with some good solid vets, which he kind of proved he could pickout
Miller and Camby saved the Blazers last year and you got a team that can compete with Chicago and Miami ( and the sooner they do it the sooner they might be the favorites.) Just sayin

I like Pritchard. Always wondered how his teams would have fared if healthy. Might as well promote Allan though.

Coach wise if we still taking risks I'd call up Pat.

As good as some of these candidates to replace Donnie are, why would any of these guys voluntarily walk into this situation after seeing Donnie's situation play out. Pritchard would be a great hire IMO but why the eff would he want to work for Dolan after Paul Allen and co. Some of y'all act like Dolan does, oh we're the Knicks so of course people want to work here.

Donnie walked out on us, straight up. And as much as I wanna defend my organization it's damn near impossible to. Since "the decision," Dolan, after watching Donnie restore all credibility to this organization, blames Donnie for not getting LBJ by implying he isn't "cool" enough and can't relate to the players (like he can
30t6p3b.gif
) tries to rehire Isiah, hijacks the melo negotiations, then proceeds to offer Donnie a 2 million dollar paycut when his contract needs an extension. You have got to be !#%#+%% kidding me
laugh.gif
The melo trade is water under the bridge, the fact that Denver's owner & GM, stopped negotiating with Donnie, then called JimmyDo, pressured and scared him into basically fleecing his own team. That $%%@ is comical, dude is the worst owner of ANYTHING much less a basketball team.

Then the last story I heard today before I said %%#+ it, I can't read/listen to anymore of thus garbage. Donnie did an interview with Lupica for the daily news and because of whatever prior tension exists between Lupica and Jimmy, Jimmy rings up Donnie and chews him out on the phone. Donnie says %%#+ you and hangs up
laugh.gif
Prople say this never happens to Dolan. So if I'm getting this right, Dolan let's the Browne-Saunders situation play out and is still willing to bring back Isiah and continued to publically support him, but he's gonna freak out when Donnie does an interview with a select member of press who happens to not get along with JimmyDo?

This dude Dolan,
30t6p3b.gif

It's so hard to believe in this team moving forward with this #!$!#!+ owning the team but at this point it's a dead argument ain't it.... Smh

It's amazing how Dolan has made the following people leave: Jeff Van Gundy, Marv Albert, Gus Johnson and now Donnie Walsh

what the hell, man?!
indifferent.gif

Donnie made Gus leave?

The way I see it if Donnie goes after these guys the way he reached out to Donnie and is able to agree on a long term contract (if they're doing a good job) and come to terms on who is making the final decisions someone would take the risk. It's a NY job so it's automatically high risk high reward. If somebody comes here does a good job, gets the team to the finals he'll probably have a jersey retired. If he fails he at least got to live in the NYC area and get paid a lot.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

It's amazing how Dolan has made the following people leave: Jeff Van Gundy, Marv Albert, Gus Johnson and now Donnie Walsh

what the hell, man?!
indifferent.gif
Dude pretty much sent Spreewell away as well.

The Dolans are some cheap bastards. They've been known to make some ill-advised sacrifices in order to keep from spending.
They've been doing this to my baseball team as well. It's difficult to support a team when you have an owner(s) like the Dolans.

He's been cutting corners for years. I think it's time they get cut from the sports-ownership world.

Back
Top Bottom