**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

[h3]Dolan Met With Carmelo On Thursday; Knicks, Nuggets To Hold Conference Call On Friday[/h3]
Feb 18, 2011 16:40 PM EST

Anthony_Carmelo_den_110115.jpg

The Knicks and Nuggets are set for a high-level conference call concerning a potential trade for Carmelo Anthony.

In a surprise move, James Dolan already held a meeting with Anthony late Thursday in Los Angeles, beating Mikhail Prokhorov to the punch.

In the afternoon on Friday, Knicks front office members will get on the phone with Nuggets officials.  Expected to be on the call are Dolan, Donnie Walsh, San Kroenke and Masai Uriji.

The Nuggets want three starters, including Raymond Felton, plus a number-one pick.  Danilo Gallinari may be the hold-up to getting a deal done.

Anthony said he is unaware of a meeting with New Jersey and in all likelihood he is hoping that a deal can be agreed to between the Knicks and Nuggets before any meeting with the Nets is scheduled.

im telling you knick fans if he don't come here before the deadline hes never coming here... i believe this because melo wants that money and he wants that extension but also to be on the knicks instead of going through free agency...for some reason i still have hope and believe he will go to the knicks... so knicks fans if you had to get it done who would you trade for melo? heres who ill trade felton, gallo, chandler, 1st round pick (randolph) and curry for billups and melo...in a perfect world id keep felton and gallo but neither would be a deal breaker because felton and chauncey contract end next year anyway just in time for cp3 and id give up gallo to keep fields...i have a feeling if we keep gallo the lineup would be messed up and dantoni would put melo at the 4 instead of 3...and it was already obvious that we had to give up 2/3 core to land melo but i would never do all 3 plus mosgov and felton thats way too much...hopefully the knicks can get this done 

you guys are CRAAAZY if you think gallanari is holding up the deal. the nuggets would MUCH MUCH rather have 4 picks, favors, and harris than shipping him to new york for gallo, fields, and chandler.

all melo had to say is "trade me to new york, or i'm going to free agency". he could have bluffed because his last day to sign the extension is june 30. that's 6 days after the deadline.

he didn't. he caved. CAA scared him. he wants his money.

he cost us our leverage. it's over. we can't beat that offer. go to jersey and have fun.

this is 100 percent on melo. %+## him trying to strong arm us into giving the nuggets 4 players plus picks

Like I said in the other thread we need to get melo at all cost. Not like we were going far this year with the players we do have. Trade away felton and gallo, get melo, redo roster over the summer with some drafts/FA, and get Dwill/CP3/DH.

Yeah a lot of you guys are falling prey to the rumors right now. Mad about Gallo holding up a deal? Really?
laugh.gif

Yall not paying attention to what NJN is offering? Den's FO will hold out for a deal like that in hopes Melo gives in before even entertaining the thought of pulling the trigger of the Knicks deal a second early before the deadline.
Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

of course Masai Uriji wants to do this over the phone. Thats how the scam works best
laugh.gif
I don't think Donnie's in L.A.
Originally Posted by petermans

Like I said in the other thread we need to get melo at all cost. Not like we were going far this year with the players we do have. Trade away felton and gallo, get melo, redo roster over the summer with some drafts/FA, and get Dwill/CP3/DH.
Do you know what at all costs is though? Felton, Gallo, Chandler, Mozgov, Fields, any 1st rounds picks we have or can get while giving us disgusting contracts and bummy players so we can't be able to get DWill, CP3, or DH.

What you're suggesting isn't really an option unless we add in a 34d and 4th team and Den may still want to rape us.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Yeah a lot of you guys are falling prey to the rumors right now. Mad about Gallo holding up a deal? Really?
laugh.gif

Yall not paying attention to what NJN is offering? Den's FO will hold out for a deal like that in hopes Melo gives in before even entertaining the thought of pulling the trigger of the Knicks deal a second early before the deadline.
Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

of course Masai Uriji wants to do this over the phone. Thats how the scam works best
laugh.gif
I don't think Donnie's in L.A.

Do you know what at all costs is though? Felton, Gallo, Chandler, Mozgove, Fields, any 1st rounds picks we have or can get while giving us disgusting contracts and bummy players so we can't be able to get DWill, CP3, or DH.

What you're suggesting isn't really an option unless we add in a 34d and 4th team and Den may still want to rape us.

Where are you guys hearing this Mozgov buisness?

if we end up trading 4 starters, plus picks for melo, he isn't getting a hero's welcome from me.

he's using the leverage on the knicks instead of the nuggets.

You haven't been reading all of these rumor articles have you? I'd check the past 10 pages in this thread or the Melo thread or the trade deadline thread.

Google is also your friend
http://www.iamagm.com/new....mozgov.deal.keep.asking
eyes.gif
So wait you just want to pick and choose the articles you want to believe and criticize the Knicks for the ones that say they're the ones holding up the deal? Battered Knicks fan indeed.

You haven't been reading all of these rumor articles have you? I'd check the past 10 pages in this thread or the Melo thread or the trade deadline thread.

Google is also your friend
http://www.iamagm.com/new....mozgov.deal.keep.asking
eyes.gif
So wait you just want to pick and choose the articles you want to believe and criticize the Knicks for the ones that say they're the ones holding up the deal? Battered Knicks fan indeed.
Thats what deprivation of winning seasons will do.

Amar'e Stoudemire can't see Carmelo Anthony on the Nets and not the Knicks.

"I would be very surprised," the Knicks forward said Friday during NBA All-Star Weekend activities.

"The Knicks franchise has made a great step (this season). I think 'Melo noticed things that we're really trying to win a championship.

"That's why I think he would choose the Knicks to play (for) over New Jersey."
http://www.nypost.com/p/b...d_giYJhPbJLKsjr33QisOLUL

what is this nonsense about melo choosing the knicks over nets?

since when is melo a free agent? denver would take the nets deal over the knicks deal in a heartbeat

all this dummy had to say was new york or free agency. ++!$*$% CAA

All these __'s Lyin too much. Every last one of them. Its making me sick.

And I can't even elect to stay away from trade rumors talks etc. Because my team is involved. This is kind of excruciating
Like I see myself having a separate tab open on this thread and I'm hitting the refresh button like every half hour to read about a new "development"

Everyone needs to stop lying and just be straight up. And that's it

FisolaNYDN Frank Isola
For the Knicks, this could come down to what James Dolan wants. Sounds like Donnie Walsh and Mike D'Antoni not thrilled with the deal

Dolan
pimp.gif

$#@% Gallinari holding up a deal for Melo

You guys are crazy! Wait till the very end? Give me a break. At this point none of us really knows whats going on in Melo's head. Just make the trade now before NJ ends up with him. Right now they looks like they want him more than we do.

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

FisolaNYDN Frank Isola
For the Knicks, this could come down to what James Dolan wants. Sounds like Donnie Walsh and Mike D'Antoni not thrilled with the deal

Dolan
pimp.gif

$#@% Gallinari holding up a deal for Melo

Dolan and
pimp.gif
should never go in the same post.
When Dolan overrules Donnie and moves Chandler, Gallo, Felton, Mozgov, Fields, Curry and AR/1st rounder for Melo, Billups and Antony Carter and replaces Donnie with Isiah, we wont be 
pimp.gif
ing.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom