**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Originally Posted by petermans

I dont want to be a debbie downer but let's see what the nets get.
Rumors/reports say Felton/Mozgov which I can live with. It would be awful to see Gallo play for the Nets.

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

who do we get from the Wolves for AR and curry? please dont tell me denver are the ones getting Brewer...
i dont think we get anyone

Relax . Yall still won't make it out the East. Too many road blocks for yall

Heat, Boston, Chi, Magics, Hawks

Have fun because the next 3-4 years will be exciting for the East

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

The bench isn't that bad. Who'd we have off the bench before of note? Chandler struggled off the bench and D'Antoni always started Gallo.

It really doesn't look that different than what we had off the bench before the trade.
this is true, it's not really much worse than what we had

besides, d'anphony rarely plays bench players anyway, so it's kind of a moot point

Originally Posted by Fatherless Child

pimp.gif
what's up now BRON BRON U LIKE THAT? $%#@ you you piece of #$%@, we got our own squad and we running the east
pimp.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

but congrats on getting Melo...

Hope u knock off chicago in the 1st round too
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

This thread is about to be filled with threads talkin about "You guys still suck".."You guys gave up too much" etc.. It's funny though because before this deal was done, all the Knicks' hater were saying "LMAOOOOOO Why would the Nuggets want those scrubs for Carmelo?!?!!" and now those "scrubs" are suddenly more worthy than one of the best Forwards in the league

Anyways, it's time to rejoice Knicks' fans...He's now one of our own so no reason to talk crap about the guy..before this season began, if all the players we lost in this deal were free agents and we couldn't resign them because we signed Carmelo instead, there would be no complaints..This is Step 2 to a long process..You guys expected to go from not making the playoffs to winning a title in 1 season? Step 1 was Amar'e, Step 2 was Carmelo...Now we need to acquire some quality role players and we're jumping from "playoff contender" to "title contender"...Which in essence, is all that really matters

Nah, you're very right. The conversation is always, 'how have the Knicks lost lately?' But you gotta admit, our players were underrated and In Don We Trusted. 
If you told me a month ago, that we spent all of these assets, naively I'd say...ok...so we got Melo and CP3? Melo and a solid center?

It's all good though. I'm about to be dumb hyped.

Originally Posted by Fatherless Child

pimp.gif
what's up now BRON BRON U LIKE THAT? $%#@ you you piece of #$%@, we got our own squad and we running the east
pimp.gif

LeBron told Melo at his wedding the only chance he has of winning is joining the Knicks.  
Trust me Lebron loves the challenge.

Though it was a few months later than expected, the Knicks finally got another superstar to pair with Stat.
laugh.gif

Congrats to y'all

It'll be interesting to see how Walsh and Co. build around Melo and Stat, especially given the uncertainty of the salary cap situation next year and beyond.

Originally Posted by Ecook0808

I want Brewer now forsure.
The Knicks are sending Danilo Gallinari, Raymond Felton, Wilson Chandler, the Knicks’ 2014 first-round pick, two second-round picks New York acquired from the Golden State Warriors in the David Lee sign-and-trade and $3 million. The Knicks will also trade Anthony Randolph and Eddy Curry’s expiring contract to the Minnesota Timberwolves, who will send Corey Brewer to the Nuggets. The Knicks will receive Anthony, Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams and Renaldo Balkman.

BX BK QB We back son word this what we been waitin for we back in this isht b

Time to rock Melo kicks son JB better not mess up the knick CW b can't believe this. New York is back son word b

like someone said up there. Felton is sad ##feelsbadman

but its a bizness

and we gotta get another big man like we said...

and lol at the NEW KNICK FANS in the thread...

The Knicks acquired Carmelo Anthony in a blockbuster trade on Monday, but the price was steeper than Donnie Walsh was hoping to pay.

New York's front office has been suffering from a power struggle, with Isiah Thomas consulting James Dolan and the franchise also recently hired Mark Warkentien who is a CAA client.

"This is all Dolan. All Isiah. All (Worldwide) Wes and Leon Rose," said an ally of Walsh

indifferent.gif
aw man. anyone else have a feeling donnie is gone?
 http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...iah_Worldwide_Wes_And_Leon_Rose#ixzz1Eerk5EXS

It was way harder saying good-bye to Lee than it was to Gallo/Felton/Wilson.

Marc Gasol in Summer '11

Chris Paul/D-Will in '12

Back
Top Bottom