**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Feels good man. Do not come back, Turiaf. Take your time. Let Shelden Williams play more minutes.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

seriously though - it's not a good time to be martyr of some sort when you have the perfect opportunity to get the ball back after having fouled someone. that's exactly the strategy one should take. can't figure out why they put themselves in that position. just lock it up and take the win when you can.

If you are referring to when J-Rich hitting that that 3. Its the risk of them making 1 FT then getting an offensive rebound and scoring again.

Im ok with not fouling on that play. But allowing J-Rich to shoot a wide open 3 without contesting the shot at all is inexcusable

Jeffries is at fault for J-Rich pulling for 3. I can understand not fouling. Jared is supposed to put pressure on his man, instead he left him back there with mad space.

Melo carried us in the 2nd half, and I don't think enough can be said about the selflessness of one Amar'e Stoudemire.  Only took 10 shots and shows at the end with the big smile that he just wants to win.  He doesn't care how he gets it done.

Such a crazy game, Stan VG's postgame comments should be interesting.
nerd.gif

WE NEED TO RUN MORE !

(NOT COMPLAINING JUST SAYING)

LOOK AT THE HEAT THEY STRUGGLED WHEN THEY WOULD ISO EVERY POSSESSION

WHEN THEY STARTED TO RUN MORE THEY STARTED TO PLAY BETTER !

SORRY FOR YELLING

we just gotta gotta center and woopie to coach

she tried to get melo to throw dantoni under the bus. but melo knew she wasn't slick enough. la la going to beat her up next time

A few things :

• Billups FINALLY hitting a shot when it mattered (he's been %#% to say the least since his return from injury)
  • Bill Walker, Sheldon Williams & Douglas. Thank you.
  • Melo. Melo. Melo.
  • The EFFORT is what mattered more than anything.  Maybe they finally got that through their heads? Maybe? Closing out on jumpers. Active double teams and switching back to their assignments. Appreciated.
... Oh, and Jared Jeffries is lucky we won this game. Possibly THE dumbest defensive (or lack thereof) strategy there on Richardson. If it was D'antoni's idea, I blame him then. At LEAST put a hand up in the man's face. You stand their like a statue? And you're supposed to be our defensive stopper?
laugh.gif
grin.gif

I'm not a big plus/minus guy. And here's why:

TD +20
Melo +4
Amar'e +13

Some numbers definitely don't tell everything.

Conversely, some numbers cannot be ignored. Such as Chauncey having his 2nd straight game of ZERO turnovers.

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Knicks Could Eventually Offer Carmelo Or Amar'e For Howard[/h3]
Mar 28, 2011 6:22 PM EDT

Howard_Dwight_orl_091126.jpg

It wouldn’t be shocking at all if the New York Knicks make a play for Dwight Howard next season, perhaps offering either Amare Stoudemire or Carmelo Anthony at trade deadline.

Howard can become a free agent after the 11-12 season, and the Magic will be nervously waiting for the NBA’s most dominant big man to make a decision.

If they don’t want to wait and risk losing him without compensation, the Magic could listen to trade offers for Howard next season

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...fer_Carmelo_Or_Amare_For_Howard#ixzz1HxGxrKeF

Sorry if Late.

realgm talking bout we going to make a run at dwight at the deadline next year for melo or stat 
laugh.gif
... i just want the knicks to cut chauncey and pickup a big man this summer and draft a decent pg 
pimp.gif
... but anyways good win tonight even if we did get some calls down the stretch and melo is a beast 
eek.gif

Greatest defense we've played all season. Shame we don't do it more often.

Really feel good win.

Didn't like how Amar'e didn't get many touches or look to score but seems he gave this one up to Melo, took a break/conserve energy and let Melo handle it

Even though Dwight would be huge on this team, I wouldn't wanna trade Amar'e..Unless he bombs next season, there's no way you trade this man after he came to NYC and put his heart out on the court every night early in the season and carried this team on his back..The man said he came to NY and would do everything in his power to get us a ring..W/o Amar'e, the Knicks would have had a very little chance of getting Melo..Even though Amar'e might do some stupid things sometimes, it would be an extremely grimey move for them to trade the man in his 2nd year

That overtime almost scared me. I was like oh crap here we go again. But this girl told me to have faith and They pull through thank you for not making me go crazy.

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Even though Dwight would be huge on this team, I wouldn't wanna trade Amar'e..Unless he bombs next season, there's no way you trade this man after he came to NYC and put his heart out on the court every night early in the season and carried this team on his back..The man said he came to NY and would do everything in his power to get us a ring..W/o Amar'e, the Knicks would have had a very little chance of getting Melo..Even though Amar'e might do some stupid things sometimes, it would be an extremely grimey move for them to trade the man in his 2nd year

You're saying this now, but if yall got Dwight and he's rebounding for you and making your team look like they play defense; you'll forget all about STAT especially with Melo on your team still.

Don't even got Deandre yet
laugh.gif

Doubt ORL takes that when he doesn't rebound, block shots or score as much as Dwight does especially when he's older but I could see "I'm coming home" hype for Amar'e in that unlikely event.

Rather, get Sessions or Augustin than Felton back.

If Phoenix gave him the guaranteed money, he would still be there, he said it himself.

Do I think Amare wanted the big stage and took on the challenge of playing in NYC? Absolutely... he wanted to be the man, to get the attention, he wanted NYC and we've embraced him.

But the money was his first priority. We offered a full deal, Phoenix didn't, he went with us. Same with Melo... the money came first, if it didn't, he would have waited and come to us next season for a cheaper deal without forcing us to give up players unnecessarily.

I'm a very loyal guy, especially with my sports teams, but this Knicks team hasn't earned my loyalty yet. They haven't been Knicks long enough or done enough to warrant that, if we were ok with trading Chandler and Gallinari, then no one on this team is untouchable. Since I don't think we'll have the money to get a 3rd max unless they take a paycut, I would absolutely do Amare for Dwight.

obviously dwight would be an upgrade over amare and would be a beast with melo but thats not the point... the point is amare single handily brought us back to respectability... he was the reason why we even got melo... like others have said that would just be messed up and wrong if we traded amare...if the trade actually did go down i would be like wow knicks just wrong
30t6p3b.gif
indifferent.gif
but at the same time
pimp.gif
... like i said id be good with just deandre jordan, tyson chandler or marc gasol and a point guard in the draft hopefully kemba or knight with amare, melo and fields with douglas maybe starting or coming from the bench
pimp.gif
...enough of trading our core and dismantling our team we got our 2 now just build around them...and even though yall are saying there should be more ball movement and uptempo basketball i disagree... despite our isos all day and our losing streak recently this is good experience for the playoffs... we not going to be running up and down the court all day... so as much as i hated the defense during this streak it has been low scoring games under a 100 and we no longer depend on outscoring the opposition... now if we played how we played tonight with effort and finishing in the 4th quarter we somewhat straight in the playoffs

Back
Top Bottom