**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

To be honest I don't even want Howard coming to NY.
Idk if it's me but I get the feeling that he doesn't wanna come to NY.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

If Phoenix gave him the guaranteed money, he would still be there, he said it himself.

Do I think Amare wanted the big stage and took on the challenge of playing in NYC? Absolutely... he wanted to be the man, to get the attention, he wanted NYC and we've embraced him.

But the money was his first priority. We offered a full deal, Phoenix didn't, he went with us. Same with Melo... the money came first, if it didn't, he would have waited and come to us next season for a cheaper deal without forcing us to give up players unnecessarily.

I'm a very loyal guy, especially with my sports teams, but this Knicks team hasn't earned my loyalty yet. They haven't been Knicks long enough or done enough to warrant that, if we were ok with trading Chandler and Gallinari, then no one on this team is untouchable. Since I don't think we'll have the money to get a 3rd max unless they take a paycut, I would absolutely do Amare for Dwight.

point-to-the-sky.jpg

Good win but it still doesn't prove much to me. Were a average team at best and we still can't run the offense like were supposed to. I used to convince myself and act like we would be ok, but I honestly see us taking a 1st round exit in May. :/

I also don't want Howard coming here. We need a PG, that's it.

it's always funny reading the last few pages of a win (or loss)

at least we stopped the bleeding. hopefully we don't get embarrassed by the nets on weds with a wider public watching

Amar'e for Dwight will never be on the table, don't even know why yall entertain that though. Injury prone Bynum is a much more attractive offer.

I can understand the reasoning especially when you add in Amar'e's cons (no defense, not enough effort/hustle on the defense, not enough rebounds) but that'd be some cold blooded shh to do which I don't completely agree with.
Originally Posted by Fatherless Child

Good win but it still doesn't prove much to me. Were a average team at best and we still can't run the offense like were supposed to. I used to convince myself and act like we would be ok, but I honestly see us taking a 1st round exit in May. :/

I also don't want Howard coming here. We need a PG, that's it.
You should've never been expecting anything else. The goal was playoffs before the trade and the same after. I've said it several times in here but thinking we'd upset every team and go to the ECF or finals is delusional Knicks fan status.

Also we need a center just as much as we need a pg. We don't just need a pg and that's it. A center to grab rebounds, block shots, play good defense against other 5s in the league, and not have us be the same team that gives it up to any player penetrating in the paint. The pg is just to run the offense and do a bunch of pick n rolls with Amar'e. The plan within economical reason is to get both, which is possible when you add in the draft. In some ridiculous scenario where we trade STAT for D12 a pg isn't important because Dwight can create and dominate on his own so even TD (yeah even him) could run our offense and we'd be a 50+ win team.
Originally Posted by solematic j21

To be honest I don't even want Howard coming to NY.
Idk if it's me but I get the feeling that he doesn't wanna come to NY.
So you don't want him here and you don't think he wants to be here? What he wants is up for speculation and can change after the playoffs and the start of next season but how could you not want the most dominant center in the league on your team? If it's all 3 that's elite status finals yearly and even if it's Melo and Dwight that's on some Kobe n Shaw
laugh.gif
Shaq steez.

howard wouldn't be able to handle NYC media

And to trade Stat, the first stepping stone in trying to bring the knicks back, the man who put the whole squad on his back at a point...
30t6p3b.gif
I couldn't and wouldn't do it. Not saying Howard wouldn't put in work, but my heart wouldn't let me. If there was no kind of attachment, I'd do it

^ exactly... i agree with what big said about the loyalty thing when there was no complaints about trading will and gallo but this is different... we are trading our first superstar we had since how long and brought us back to respectability...i would trade role players asap even if they were homegrown... and can you explain to me why orlando would take bynum over amare? call me biased but i don't get it

Chauncey sucks balls man , i remember criticizing Felton alot during his time here but dude used to always end up with 20 and 10 and make at least one important pass or shot when we got a W. Let's not forget the fact that Amare and him seemed like they loved playing together 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by you go boy

can you explain to me why orlando would take bynum over amare? call me biased but i don't get it
Bynum is younger, clogs the paint even with a hobbled knee/foot/etc., rebounds very well, and is decent enough on offense. He's basically a poor man's Dwight Howard. Amar'e is gonna be 30 soon, has a 5 year 99 mill contract, ORL would basically be paying the majority of that in a trade, Amar'e does not play defense, nor is the effort/hustle consistent, isn't the greatest on offense without a capable pg to run the pick n roll with.

If you're asking ORL management who would they go with I'd think it'd be the injury prone young stud over the offensive minded leader. Given their current team, building around Bynum would be easier, cheaper, and smarter imo. Plus the deal with the Lakers wouldn't just be Bynum for Dwight straight up, ORL would get picks and maybe a serviceable player from LA.

With that said I think Bynum is a *!++%%% bum and doesn't deserves any of those rings.

I personally feel that these "trade Amare " talks shouldn't even be going on right now. But, I'll just leave it alone.

I highly doubt the Knicks would trade Amar'e and my loyalty wouldn't allow me to support him being traded, but we're assuming Walsh is here next year. If he's not, I don't see the Knicks declining a good trade for STAT. This is the same franchise that traded away a man that carried the team on his back for 15 years and a player that many consider top 3 Knicks EVER (Ewing)
30t6p3b.gif

Ya trading ewing was devasting but inevitable because some fans wanted him gone so he felt not wanted and requested a trade. But the most recent trade after ewing that had me heated was trading spree smh

The Ewing trade aint the same situation. Fam was declining, didn't want to retire at the time, and we made a move to try and improve the team. Same when we traded Starks.

I do agree the Amar'e trade talk is out of hand but that's what a trade rumor/pursuing Dwight article and this losing streak will do (especially with his recent play).

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Even though Dwight would be huge on this team, I wouldn't wanna trade Amar'e..Unless he bombs next season, there's no way you trade this man after he came to NYC and put his heart out on the court every night early in the season and carried this team on his back..The man said he came to NY and would do everything in his power to get us a ring..W/o Amar'e, the Knicks would have had a very little chance of getting Melo..Even though Amar'e might do some stupid things sometimes, it would be an extremely grimey move for them to trade the man in his 2nd year
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I like you bro, I really do and I honestly respect your loyalty but the NBA is business.  Players come and go out all the time.  As much as I love STAT and respect what he did for NY basketball he still lacks many parts to his game (defense, rebounding,footwork, etc).  I'd trade him in a quick NY minute for D. Howard, but honestly I'd trade Melo for D. Howard too, just imagine Stat and D12!! The new generation twin towers!!! Wouldn't happen tho, the Knicks would trade Stat for D12 first, Melo would be a better fit.

BTW, check out the Photography skills! (Where do I find without the NBA/Getty Images logo? I Hate it when that ruins a photo)

111029387.jpg

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Even though Dwight would be huge on this team, I wouldn't wanna trade Amar'e..Unless he bombs next season, there's no way you trade this man after he came to NYC and put his heart out on the court every night early in the season and carried this team on his back..The man said he came to NY and would do everything in his power to get us a ring..W/o Amar'e, the Knicks would have had a very little chance of getting Melo..Even though Amar'e might do some stupid things sometimes, it would be an extremely grimey move for them to trade the man in his 2nd year
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I like you bro, I really do and I honestly respect your loyalty but the NBA is business.  Players come and go out all the time.  As much as I love STAT and respect what he did for NY basketball he still lacks many parts to his game (defense, rebounding,footwork, etc).  I'd trade him in a quick NY minute for D. Howard, but honestly I'd trade Melo for D. Howard too, just imagine Stat and D12!! The new generation twin towers!!! Wouldn't happen tho, the Knicks would trade Stat for D12 first, Melo would be a better fit.

BTW, check out the Photography skills! (Where do I find without the NBA/Getty Images logo? I Hate it when that ruins a photo)

111029387.jpg

This pic looks like the one that was painted right when Melo was traded to the Knicks...fulfilling the prophecy??

lol at some of you being so loyal to the point of weakness

we traded Frazier and Ewing. who the !$$@ is Amare?

you want a championship or you want to be nice? Dwight and Melo would be insane. I don't think he is built for NY though. He's too corny and goofy plus said he likes warm weather

It's a good thing Jameer was out or we most likely lose the game. I still think Dantoni has to go more than ever. Melo said something about forgetting about the x's and o's and just playing ball.

if Turiaf wasn't injured I guarantee that Sheldon doesn't play much.

Back
Top Bottom