**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

KG would still lock up Amare, though. Perkins doesn't affect us because we don't have a true post scorer that bangs in the paint.
Now, if we were to take advantage of the situation, however, Melo would torture them dudes on the block.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

KG would still lock up Amare, though. Perkins doesn't affect us because we don't have a true post scorer that bangs in the paint.
Now, if we were to take advantage of the situation, however, Melo would torture them dudes on the block.

he was still a presence for anyone driving in though. not having perkins is actually a crucial advantage for the knicks

KG lock up Amar'e? When did he do that? (No seriously, I can't remember that happening). I'm really glad STAT is getting some well deserved & much needed rest.

Yeah there is no true back to the basket player on this team, but driving and finishing in the paint should be easier for guys like Amare and Melo.

Also, Boston isnt a good rebounding team. Maybe, just maybe we can take advantage of that.

Amare actually plays very well against KG on the offensive end. They will cancel each other out.

I expect the Garden to be electric for Game 3 regardless since it's been so long.

but man, if we could steal one on the road...it would be INSANE in that building.

Celtics win series 4-1.

Sad to say, I was hoping you guys played the Heat, better chance at winning that series in 7 games.

Landry can 'contain' Shuttlesworth I feel. He's been aggressive all season at getting around screens. Melo/Pierce matchup will be entertaining.

Rondo being able to create and blow by Billups worries me, though.

Why does every pessimistic Knicks fan keep crying that we're gonna get killed by Boston because we didn't beat them all season? 2 of the 3 losses we've had against them were leads that we had late and then blew them..First game we lost because of .2 seconds more that we needed on the clock..Last game we had in the bag until the team put it on cruise control...You guys forget how dominant Amar'e was in last years Western Conference playoffs and how Carmelo went off on the Lakers 2 postseasons ago..If you guys wanna sulk and play slow jams while you cry to a picture of the 1999 Knicks, you do that...But the rest of us that have confidence in this team will watch games with high hopes that they have a chance to upset, not watching and thinking "same old Knicks" every time a mistake is made.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Landry can 'contain' Shuttlesworth I feel. He's been aggressive all season at getting around screens. Melo/Pierce matchup will be entertaining.

Rondo being able to create and blow by Billups worries me, though.
This is the one that worries me actually, I think this is the first time this season that Landry will look like a rookie. Shuttlesworth is a vet, he's been in the playoff atmosphere and made important buckets and knows how to play playoff basketball. Landry's inexperience may finally get him here if Ray-Ray looks to score.

I'm more confident in the Rondo/Billups matchup mostly because I think you'll be seeing Douglas guard him
laugh.gif
Billups will have to ON offensively to counter-act Rondo.

Pierce/Melo is going to be great. I hope, hope, hope that Melo reverts back to "Nuggets" Melo and kills these guys by posting up a lot more. With no defensive presence in the middle, I think he'll be able to thrive with post up moves. But I'm worried he's fallen in love with the free flowing offense and will take too many jumpshots.

Turiaf/Shelden/Jeffries are going to be critical in locking up the post and making it difficult for guys to get easy buckets in the paint. And when Billups is guarding Rondo, I think Jeffries is going to be important in not allowing guys in the restricted area, since he's great with help D.

Make Rondo a shooter and box out big baby. Series over. I am really confident in our chances about against Boston.

Toney on Ray, Jeffries on Rondo.

Last season dantoni put Jeffries on Rondo and he did a very good job

Toney is our best defensive player and will fight like hell over those screens all game long.

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

Toney on Ray, Jeffries on Rondo.

Last season dantoni put Jeffries on Rondo and he did a very good job

Toney is our best defensive player and will fight like hell over those screens all game long.

This.

Toney has that annoying defense lol

Offensively I honestly believe Douglas is the X factor for us . If he can hit 3 to 4 3s a game, and contain ray, then we have a real good chance.

Defensively, if Jeffries/Carter can contain rondo, then we have a better chance.

I'm trying to wonder what the lineups will be like.

We keep mentioning Douglas & Carter, but that means Billups or Fields won't be playing. If Jeffries is in, Shelden/Turiaf won't be in. And somehow, Shawne Williams will have to be in there.

Do you have Stoudemire/Jeffries at the 4/5? Stoudemire/Shelden? Will Shawne Williams get play in the 4?

Melo/Shawne at the 3 for sure, but I expect Melo to play 40 minutes each game.

Back
Top Bottom