**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

Originally Posted by Freeze

hell, since their defense is so terrible since perkins left

What are you talking about, our defense is still tied for 1st in the league with Chicago.
laugh.gif

It's our offense that's been abysmal lately due to Rondo not being aggressive enough, Ray not getting enough open looks, and Shaq not being around to get easy baskets.

If this goes to 7 we won't win. Our best chance is to win in 6 not to sure we can do that though. Should be fun

Originally Posted by JD617

Originally Posted by Freeze

hell, since their defense is so terrible since perkins left

What are you talking about, our defense is still tied for 1st in the league with Chicago.
laugh.gif

It's our offense that's been abysmal lately due to Rondo not being aggressive enough, Ray not getting enough open looks, and Shaq not being around to get easy baskets.
laugh.gif

Rondo sucks, Pierce sucks, KG sucks. NY will sweep us, trust them.

Spoiler [+]
wink.gif

The Celtics are "limping" in.

Hopefully Shaq is as done as I think he is.

We can definitely pull an upset though.

I'm worried about the Ray Allen and Rondo match-ups. But I think we may see a lot of A.C. and I think he's going to have a big effect on the series.

This series is going to be a big coaching series and Doc is official. Pringles has playoff experience as well though on the low.

End the of the day I'm hype. Can't wait.

Anybody know when Game 1 is ?

http://www.mtv.com/news/a...zz-beatz-ny-knicks.jhtml

[h2]Stoudemire tells MTV News of 'Go New York' update.[/h2]
By Rahman Dukes

Code:

Text SizeDecreaseIncrease

NEW YORK — Swizz Beatz has taken on the daunting task of rejuvenating his hometown and his beloved New York Knicks, who are on the cusp of a new era in NY basketball, using — what else? — his music.

Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire, the new kings of New York, were on hand to film a music video led by the producer to run on their team's MSG network.

bttn_play-big.png
mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:641462
bttn_play.gif

Swizz re-created the Knicks theme song "Go New York" putting his platinum touches on the anthem just in time for the club's re-entrance into the NBA playoffs, ending an almost 10-year drought. The Bronx native couldn't be more proud to be at the forefront of the musical resurgence that's jolted the city.

"As far as music-wise, my job is to make sure I make an anthem that takes the game level from point A to point B, keep the crowd hype," Swizz told MTV News alongside the towering Stoudemire. "Just doing what I do. Just like what the players gonna do, what they gonna do on the court. It's just a joint effort to raise the bar for New York, let everyone know it's a problem this year."

Stoudemire, a longtime fan of hip-hop culture, said enlisting Swizz for the remix was a no-brainer.

"It's been 10 years since they remade the 'Go New York' track," he said. "So it's only right to have Swizzy out here with us. We taking this thing to a whole 'nother level thanks to the players and the whole team."

According to Swizz, Stoudemire and Melo's participation in bringing the New York Knicks back, both on and off court, proves that the dynamic duo are men of their words who are right at home in the Big Apple.

"It shows me that they're dedicated, to the team and to the team players. And they love music, love fashion, love art," Swizz said. "And I think that when it all comes together, it's a big movement. And for everybody to support the movement from New York, it's a standing ovation."

This coming weekend, the New York Knicks will enter the NBA playoffs as the sixth seed from the Eastern Conference facing either the Boston Celtics or the LeBron James-led Miami Heat in the first round. Regardless of who the Knicks take on, the ball club and the entire Tri-State region are prepared for a showdown.

"It's gonna be crazy, man," Stoudemire said. "No matter who we play, we gonna be ready to go. [Been] waiting for this all year long. So now the playoffs are here. Everybody's amped up, everybody's ready to go .It's gonna be a crazy atmosphere."

"I'm sitting on the side," Swizz added. "I'm supporting by any means necessary. We gonna take this song to the clubs, gonna take this song to the radio, get it crunk up in there too. So we having fun with it."

Are you backing the Knicks in the playoffs? Let us know in the comments!

[h1]Ainge: Shaq will be back for Game 1 of playoffs[/h1]
April 11, 2011

By Gary Washburn, Globe Staff

WASHINGTON -- Celtics president Danny Ainge told the Globe this afternoon that Shaquille O'Neal is unlikely to play in Wednesday's season finale against the New York Knicks but is expected to practice Thursday and be ready for Game 1 of the Celtics' first-round series Saturday or Sunday.

O'Neal, who missed 27 games with an Achilles tendon and foot injuries and then played 5 minutes, 36 seconds in his return before straining a right calf muscle, has missed the past games, including Monday's road finale against the Washington Wizards.

pixel.gif

pixel.gif

O'Neal has been limited to just 37 games this season with various injuries and it's been apparent in recent weeks that the Celtics could use his presence in the middle.

"We're planning as of right now of him practicing Thursday or Friday and being ready to play for Game 1 of the playoffs," Ainge said. "I have every confidence that he will be ready and play in the playoffs."

When asked if O'Neal could get some court time against the Knicks Wednesday, he said: "Probably not."
[h1] [/h1]

pixel.gif

....sucks. i wanted to see a Knicks MIA series. i thought the Knicks had a legit chance against MIA. Boston? not so much.

I'm not scared of Boston. I think that comment pierce made about knicks and Boston not being a rivalry will come back to haunt him.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

I'm not scared of Boston. I think that comment pierce made about knicks and Boston not being a rivalry will come back to haunt him.

x2
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Pysch

Originally Posted by tim teufel

x2
pimp.gif

......yeah okay. the ONLY shot yall had of getting out of the first round was playing MIA. dont kid yourself.....nevermind, i mean you are a knick fan
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

I don't understand why people think we have such a good shot against Miami and no shot against Boston...Has anyone seen those two teams play lately?

And 2 out of the 3 games we played against Boston this season were dogfights that came down to the wire.  They barely beat us and it came down to the last second.  That was when they were playing good ball and before we had the best clutch guy in the game right now.  The one time they smacked us was when we were playing our worst ball of the season in the middle of a 6 game losing streak. Maybe I'm the only one but I'm glad we got Boston.  We can beat these guys, while I'm prolly folling myself into thinking we will, I think we matchup pretty well with them. 

Key to the series to me is stopping Rondo and getting Stat going offensively.  Not worried at all by Shaq playing, sorry a guy that hasn't played in 3 months isn't going to do **#+.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

....sucks. i wanted to see a Knicks MIA series. i thought the Knicks had a legit chance against MIA. Boston? not so much.

ehhh...you might be right, but 'Anything is possible.'

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I don't understand why people think we have such a good shot against Miami and no shot against Boston...Has anyone seen those two teams play lately?

And 2 out of the 3 games we played against Boston this season were dogfights that came down to the wire.  They barely beat us and it came down to the last second.  That was when they were playing good ball and before we had the best clutch guy in the game right now.  The one time they smacked us was when we were playing our worst ball of the season in the middle of a 6 game losing streak. Maybe I'm the only one but I'm glad we got Boston.  We can beat these guys, while I'm prolly folling myself into thinking we will, I think we matchup pretty well with them. 

Key to the series to me is stopping Rondo and getting Stat going offensively.  Not worried at all by Shaq playing, sorry a guy that hasn't played in 3 months isn't going to do **#+.

......it really doesnt matter how any of those teams have been playing lately to be honest.

- why MIA you say? BIG MEN. plain and simple. MIA and NYK have no legitimate big men to speak of. that series would have been very exciting to watch with them going back and forth. Boston? they have legitimate big men. regardless of how anyone feels about a broken down Shaq and/or Jermaine O'neal, it aint that easy to just push those guys around and do what you want to......not with NY's big man lineup.

So...Mike Wilbon just called us the most dangerous team in the 1st round, and has us upsetting the C's...

Pre-jynx? Hype? Trying to clear out the East for the Bulls? Take it however you want.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

So...Mike Wilbon just called us the most dangerous team in the 1st round, and has us upsetting the C's...

Pre-jynx? Hype? Trying to clear out the East for the Bulls? Take it however you want.
laugh.gif
Wilbon's track record might be worse than a toddler's. 
As for people commenting on how the C's are playing lately, I will say that last season they did this exact same thing. It meant nothing come playoff time. These guys have been here before. The Knicks? Not so much.

.....and this means what exactly?

- damn you knick fans have been clutching at every.single.glimmer of hope for over 15 years now.

- damn you knick fans have been clutching at every.single.glimmer of hope for over 15 years now.

and this means what exactly?
damn you lurkers clutching on every word, like this thread is a personal slap in the face. We don't take Mike Wilbon seriously here or you.

and this means what exactly?
damn you lurkers clutching on every word, like this thread is a personal slap in the face. We don't take Mike Wilbon seriously here or you.

.......there's always next year  
roll.gif

Boston is weak, Perkins was such a big deal. They're getting tired and don't have the same "it" factor. I think we beat them this round, just my thoughts.

Last game we played and lost, I shattered my iPhone screen SMH

Originally Posted by finnns2003

laugh.gif
Wilbon's track record might be worse than a toddler's. 
As for people commenting on how the C's are playing lately, I will say that last season they did this exact same thing. It meant nothing come playoff time. These guys have been here before. The Knicks? Not so much.
This Celtics team is different than in the past, that much is clear. Perkins void on the team both physically and emotionally, Rondo's poor play, the new guys needing to step up, Shaq's health, etc. Boston showed after last year how they can turn it on in the playoffs but it's a different team, a year older, and a tougher road. If they can still make it to the Finals then that's a testament to their greatness, I think it's going to be harder this season than last.

Back
Top Bottom