Official '16 JORDAN XII Black/Red FLU-GAME (NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING FAQS PG.1)

I casually rocked and balled in several pairs of these OG Bad Boys back in college in '96-'97 and the 2016 Flu's are about as close as you're ever gonna get to the originals. I hope you guys aren't complaining about the $190 price point. The $ is well worth it. But that's just my opinion.

I agree with dmoore914, the '03 retros have more padding on the ankle collar than the 2016's and OG's, but the 03s are not as sturdy as the OG's.

I miss my OG's, but as an old timer I will take the re-mastered versions any day of the week.

View media item 2048683

View media item 2048687

View media item 2048688

View media item 2048689

although i still buy em im gonna say no to the pricetag. they arent worth it. my 03's cost me 110 bucks at sports authority, 80 dollars extra for what? inflation aint hit that hard

Last edited:
Dang everyone complaining about the OG quality comparison..its getting old. Almost as old as the "i Rememebr when i could go into a store and buy/try on a jordan 11 and leave with ease". Cmon guys. Sound like some old people. "Them cadillacs was all metal in my day" come on. These shoes are nice

Last edited:

I casually rocked and balled in several pairs of these OG Bad Boys back in college in '96-'97 and the 2016 Flu's are about as close as you're ever gonna get to the originals. I hope you guys aren't complaining about the $190 price point. The $ is well worth it. But that's just my opinion.

I agree with dmoore914, the '03 retros have more padding on the ankle collar than the 2016's and OG's, but the 03s are not as sturdy as the OG's.

I miss my OG's, but as an old timer I will take the re-mastered versions any day of the week.
although i still buy em im gonna say no to the pricetag. they arent worth it. my 03's cost me 110 bucks at sports authority, 80 dollars extra for what? inflation aint hit that hard
Here's the thing though, according to the Consumer Price Index inflation calculator published by the U.S. Dept of Labor Bureau statistics, the $135 retail price tag for '97 OG 12s is equal to $201.25 today so if you think about it, today's $190 price point really hasn't caught up with inflation.

But to each his own I guess...

Last edited:

Here's the thing though, according to the Consumer Price Index inflation calculator published by the U.S. Dept of Labor Bureau statistics, the $135 retail price tag for '97 OG 12s is equal to $201.25 today so if you think about it, today's $190 price point hasn't really caught up with inflation.

LOL they dont understand man

View media item 2048683

View media item 2048687

View media item 2048688

View media item 2048689

Here's the thing though, according to the Consumer Price Index inflation calculator published by the U.S. Dept of Labor Bureau statistics, the $135 retail price tag for '97 OG 12s is equal to $201.25 today so if you think about it, today's $190 price point really hasn't caught up with inflation.

but they lower quality retros so that dont count. you cant make a copy of a shoe with lower grade materials and sell for the same price thats asinine

Last edited:

but they lower quality retros so that dont count. you cant make a copy of a shoe with lower grade materials and sell for the same price thats asinine
I respect your opinion, but I honestly don't believe that the newly remastered versions of the 2016 Flu Game (and the 2016 WC 4s for that matter) are much "lower quality" retros than the originals. I had the luxury of owning both the OG 4s and OG 12s back in '88-89 and '96-'97 respectively and played competitive basketball in both models and when I played in my 2016 WC 4s, I saw very little to no difference. I have yet to play in the '16 Flu's but I'd bet they respond well on the court. After all, IMO the best way to judge today's remastered versions in terms of their "quality" as compared to the OG's is how they perform on court because back in the 80s and 90s, Jordans were made for the basketball court not for street wear.

Furthermore, the remastered versions of the WC 4s and FG 12s are made of full-grain leather, just like their predecessors.

In sum, it is my humble opinion that the re-masters do not contain lower grade materials and are in fact, as close as you're gonna get to the OGs thereby making them well worth their price tag in today's market.

Last edited:
Dang that dull newbuck back in 09' was gross. Thank god these came back. You think these will be backnin another 6-7 years?

Last edited:
OKC blew their chance....just like the L.A. Clippers had done last year when they were up 3-1 against the Rockets with a chance to clinch at home up by 16 in the 3rd quarter before blowing the game and the series.

I was wrong. I thought OKC would finish them but the Warriors showed the heart of a champion tonight. Curry's game in the first half today had FLU-like symptoms but he did his own MJ impersonation tonight in the 4th quarter with the help of Klay "Klutch" Thompson.

With Game 7 at Oakland, the Warriors now have all momentum and will probably now win the series.

And the silver lining in all of this?

After Kevin Durant loses Game 7, he loses confidence in his team and decides to join my Los Angeles Lakers in the summer. I can't wait.

Dang that dull newbuck back in 09' was gross. Thank god these came back. You think these will be backnin another 6-7 years?
Yeah, I didn't even bother coppin' those '09s. I've only owned the '97s, '03s, and '16s.

There's definitely a good chance the '16s will make a return within 5-7 years.

Outside the the slight shape alteration and lack of padding these are basically spot on to the '03s .

Im satisfied with em.

Ended coping three pairs after I went 0/7 on raffles..managed one off the Nike app n 2 pairs from unclaimed pairs..so satisfied.added to my lil collection of 12s...

I still want '09's just because
Is it because you also have the OGs, '03s, and '16s and you want to complete the collection or is there something specific about the '09s that you like?

For me, the suede on the upper wasn't that big a deal but what I didn't like about them was the sick face on the tongue and the 97-sick face-38 imprint on the lateral side of the shoe. I thought they were trying to do way too much with all those "decorations."

Last edited:
Outside the the slight shape alteration and lack of padding these are basically spot on to the '03s .

Im satisfied with em.
Yes if anything the shape is what bothers me not the quality. Massed produced items are due to lack quality a little but the shape should always be there. Why do they do that?? Esp with jordan 4 shape nowadays with the clown toe look. I dont understand. Why do all the toes come up slightly now

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom