OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
gonna say it after his HoF speech :lol:

"...it was an honor & a privilege to play in this league with some great people. Thank You & Stay Melo"

Bomani is right but there were rumors that MAD players were tight about all the love Lin was getting, not just Carmelo. He was average at best and they were tired of the attention he got. Fans were calling Francesa saying Lin was better than Carmelo and Amar'e. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I'll never forget that stupidity. Such a dark period. I ****** hate that guy Lin. 10 great games and then he falls off completely. An absolute bum, no one was happier than me when he was gone

Last edited:
Lin carved out a nice role in Charlotte as a backup guard.

speaking of Francesa, he said JVG has been considering a return to coaching :nerd:

Jeff Van Gundy ain't coming....kill that hope

Especially with this roster...He lost sleep over those late 90s Knicks teams...This team is nowhere near that level nor do I see them being at that level in the near future. So why the hell would he come over to coach this sorry excuse of a team

Last edited:
I have a feeling Phil is gonna hire Thibbs. He's not an idiot, he knows what he has at stake and the way these guys aren't buying into Phil's guys, he's gonna think outside of the box.

Bomani is right but there were rumors that MAD players were tight about all the love Lin was getting, not just Carmelo. He was average at best and they were tired of the attention he got. Fans were calling Francesa saying Lin was better than Carmelo and Amar'e. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I'll never forget that stupidity. Such a dark period. I ****** hate that guy Lin. 10 great games and then he falls off completely. An absolute bum, no one was happier than me when he was gone
Eeeeeehhhhh I ont know, LOL. He is an average at best player, but how can a knick fan hate on those 10 games? LOL We were barely watchable before those few games. He got some life back into the season and it's not like management fell for it and gave him a 'Knick' contract. (he gave Kobe 30 I think) :rofl:

Last edited:
Btw, the main reason JVG left was because of Dolan. He didn't say it publicly but when he was interviewed, he hinted that Dolan was an issue. I was shocked when he quit because the Knicks didn't have a losing record. But it all went downhill when Scott Layden decided to trade Ewing for Glen Rice and Larry Johnson quietly went into retirement. Instead we had Othella Harrington and Clarence Weatherspoon filling in. Add those things plus Dolan changing the atmosphere around the team, JVG wasn't having it.

Can't even front after that Toronto buzzer beater and the game vs Kobe I wanted to keep Lin at all costs but I guess it worked out in the end.

You know what the bottom line is Dolan and Phil definitely know what the 5 year plan is and we don't thats what annoys me the most.

Everything else is speculative...

Back
Top Bottom