[| -- Official 2008 "Glow In The Dark" Tour: KanYe, Lupe, N.E.R.D. & Rihanna Post -- |]

Originally Posted by Fab1122

Big J 33- I feel you man! The show tonight was crazy. I saw Ibn Jasper and Really Doe walkin through the crowd. Show was crazy. Tampa really showcased somethin of the finer things in life... lol. Show was incredible. Kanye killed every song. Rihanna outfit was super whack compared to Nikki Jeans! Ha. Lupe did his things even though nobody was there really yet. Ticketmaster issued an e-mail saying the show started at 6 instead of 7 which was printed on the tickets today I think. Lol dudes next to me and my sister were like lupe comes on after kanye? Lol

It was hysterical when N.E.R.D. told everyone on the lawn to come and rush towards the stage, people went nuts.
Originally Posted by kingkb34

When Rihanna came on I checked the Magic game scores on my phone... enough said.
roll.gif
roll.gif
Poor girl really doesn't belong on this tour...

I'm just not a fan or listen to her music, all the girls (and some of the guys) around me were standing and having a good time with her. But I waslike "nahhh I just want to chill out before Kanye..." plus I was missing the game
laugh.gif

the miami show was crazy...center stage seeting ftw! AA arena was packed I was surprised to even see people all the way up the nose bleed sections and happy ashell i got the seats I did, it seemed like half of miami came out to see Kanye. Lupe did his thing I'm glad I got there on time and didn't miss hisperformance since he started pretty much exactly @ 7. Sarah Green sang her a_s off and so did Matthew Santos and Lupe had madd energy from start to finish, hisset seemed really short tho I wish he had performed more songs. N.E.R.D. killed it...Pharrell really got the crowd hyped and showed Miami a lot of love. ChrisBrown even came out during "spaz" and was spazin out. Rihanna didn't do so bad it seemed like a lot of people were actually there to see her...during her set most the people there were on their feet and singing along and everything. Timbaland was there and came out before Kanye's performance to"DJ" I guess. People were crowded around where he was at tryin to take pics and everything. He didn't really do anything tho besides play"the way i are" but the crowd was really into it. Ye's performance didn't disappoint at all, the stage set up with the screen and everythingwas crazy and the whole ye being lost in space theme was tight. He had so much energy during the entire time that he performed I was impressed, I don'tthink anyone could say anything bad about his performance. "Hey Mama" was really touching. Lupe even came out during "Touch The Sky".Overall it was the best concert I've been to so far. I'll probably post up some of the pics and videos i took later.

So if I don't wanna see lupe i can show up a little late? I don't when i'll get off work, but I dont like dude so i wont miss anything right?

I probably had one of my worse days ever in life on that day. Besides the fact that the concert (what little I saw) was good, the rest of my day was bloodyhell, and most of the blame is due to my car and some sorry !+@ mechanics at a shop that I took it to so I could get it fixed. I called my boy around 3:00ishand asked him if I could come to his house and ride with him from there because I have a coolant leak in my car and I cant drive very long distances withouthaving problems. Dude said it was coo and so I called him back around 5:00 and we discussed that he wanted to leave by 6:30 because the concert started at 7:30and we didnt want to miss anything. So I'm like coo. I'll definately be there by then.

So I'm on my way and right dead in the middle of the intestate my car overheats and I'm stranded. By now, it's about 5:45 and I sent him a textmessage and told him to just go ahead. As I'm sitting in my car PISSED off as ever, he calls me at 6:30 like "You almost here?" I told him thatmy car overheated on the interstate and that I'm stuck on the side of the road, so he could go ahead. My man was like "ight then." and hung upthe phone. I'm like "daaaaaaaaamn!" #%+% was cold blooded, right? So anyway.. I let my car cool down and I poured water in it and got off thenext exit I could get to and pulled over at a gas station. I called my mom and asked her if she could come get me and take me home. At this point it'sabout 8:00 and I'm not even in the mood to go to any damn concert anymore. So mom came and picked me up and practically made me go to the concert so Iwouldnt have wasted $100 on the ticket.

I got there around 9:45 and saw Rhianna perform "Umbrella" and I saw all of Kanyes performance. Completely missed Lupe, who I have never seen performand N*E*R*D. I loosened up by the time I got there, and it was realy ironic that Kanyes story was about him crashing and getting back up again. Basically thesame #%+% that happened to me that day. I copped a Lupe hoody and by the end of the concert, I felt a lot better than I did earlier that day. As for my"homey" that I was riding with, I never heard from him again that whole night. It wasnt until the next night when he hit me up on AIM like "howare you and your car?"
smh.gif
Somebody give this man a !*!%*# LATE PASS! Overal, Kanyes performance was very coo and uplifting for my situation that day.Brought my spirits back up. And extra love to my moms for comming to the rescue. You can always count on moms.

Concert was
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Lupe murdered it.
N.E.R.D.
eek.gif
Sooo much bass.
Rihanna sang extremely good.

Kanye
pimp.gif
eek.gif

The space theme was great.

I was at the American Airlines show in Miami.

Kanyes performance was one of the best I have ever seen. NERD and Lupe were great aswell. I loved when NERD performed "Spaz" and had Chris Brown upthere dancing to it. Rihanna was ehh, I just sat during her performance and so did alot of us in the section. I was in Floor 4 Row 23.

Overall I'm glad I bought tickets to go to the concert
smile.gif

The Miami show was crazy.... no wait it was beyond crazy, ill never forget this concert, it was my first concert
Everybody was great :
Lupe was a great way to start off,
NERD got the crowd hyped,
even Rhianna was great, im ashamed to say it but i kinda knew all of her songs
embarassed.gif

Ill probably never forget when Kanye started i got straight goosebumps. In total it was a great experience. By the way,did anyone noticed when Timbaland cameout of nowhere people didnt know how to act
laugh.gif

YO!
And extra love to my moms for comming to the rescue. You can always count on moms.
Real talk - I lost my Mom 3 years ago & NO ONE listened/cared like that lady. You only get one, homes. Much respect to your Moms.
glasses.gif
DF!!!

for those of you who have been to the tour.

do you know the song that n.e.r.d. opened? I'm assuming they opened the same song on every tour. I was at the atl show

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO! Yeah... I got that e-mail. I basically took it to mean that now instead of the show actually starting at 7:30. It'll start at 7:00. I got a homeboy of mine rolling with me. Dude is like that ultimate buzzkill. I'm like son, we might want to hit the road early - never know what traffic gonna be like on a Friday. This dude: "Why you trying to get there all early. The show ain't gonna start on time."

If it takes you 3 hrs to drive somewhere, why in the HELL would you leave exactly 3 hrs before when you want to be there? Setting yourself up for something to go wrong.
smh.gif
DF!!!
laugh.gif

i was at the atl show man............ bananas i was sittin next to the dude from college hill (the one that looks gay).............. after the concert went tovelvet room and nerd killed it again

YO! Tomorrow for me. Feels odd knowing that the show is 10 miles away tonight but I'm driving 150 miles tomorrow to go see it.
grin.gif

Oh well... MAY 9th attendees, holla at me. DF!!!

Back
Top Bottom