Official 2008 NBA Finals Game 2 Thread: Lakers @ Boston 6/8 6PM PST Game On ABC HD

What if the Lakers DON'T get calls in L.A.? What if the Celtics sweep us, and we never have a game even CLOSE to 38-10?

I ask that because I see a lot of you who are crying about Laker fans crying, and you're saying crap like 'The Lakers will get calls in L.A.'

What if that doesn't happen?

If that doesn't happen, then what we have is what has already happened. You can't count on what MIGHT happen in the future. You can only take what HAShappened as reality; what could happen is not reality.

And the reality of the first two games is this: 73-35

If you can't admit that is type: RIDICULOUS, then you are JUST AS BLIND as the most homerific Laker fan, Yankee fan, Cowboys fan... anything.

Y'all hate on Lakers fan like the only people in the world watching the game blindly are the fans, like you're not blinded by your antipathy just thesame as some fans are blinded by their fandom.

I'm actually pretty mad about the refs too because it is deflecting away from how well Boston played. It seemed to me like Boston outplayed LA in everysingle aspect of the game.

^^lol chill

some of dudes here are way too serious. i mean this is nt. i wonder if they do other stuff in their life other than posting on nt.

i wonder if they got any time to do other stuff because i see these dudes like every where on every godamnn nt thread lol

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

No point in arguing...
laugh.gif

They will say and think what they want...regardless of how outlandish their thoughts may be.

When they get proved wrong, it goes ignored or some excuse is made.

Laker fans...it's not even worth the time.

Reason being, is that they are not trying to argue valid points. These are Laker-haters, Kobe-haters, people pissed that Lakers got Pau, people pissedthat Kobe got compared to MJ, and fans of teams that got burned by the Lakers since the trade and in the playoffs. It is always what this, what that, happenedto us, happened to them... blah, blah, blah; yet never the situation at hand. Well Lakers weren't aggressive enough... Lakers out-shot and out-scoredBoston in the paint. Well Lakers weren't getting the rebounds... Lakers had 1 less rebound. Well... ... well... ... it never stops; anything to prove whythe Lakers deserved to lose. They are just arguing for arguements sake.

I see a bunch of people on this thread and the game 1 thread have been sippin on this the past 2 games:

haterade.gif

Especialy when you have Heat fans, Knick fans,Michael Jordan SLURPERS coming in talking a bunch of non sense .

Originally Posted by FYALADY

FYALADY wrote:
and then it suddenly turned into a hispanic vs. black thing and it got outta control. !%@@ was bananas!!

LOL. Fans acting stupid.

It's kinda funny how there are so many hispanic Laker fans when there is only 1 hispanic player in the NBA, Najera who shouldn't even be considered as an NBA player. lol just loving the game?

Aside from the back and forths and general immaturity in many of the arguments here, this has to be the stupidest thing written in this entire thread. My god FYALADY, are you really that lame or are you just flexing your right to be an ignorant bigot? Apparently, the answer is a resounding YES to both questions. I'm not even goinjg to get into it because I don't feel like getting banned today, but you really need to get your head out of your %%*. Moron.

Calm down. You sound upset. lol

Apparently there is another hispanic player, Gasol. Some dude pointed out. But Pau is from Spain.

Every hispanic Laker fan is mexican, or their ethnic is..

I'm just stating the fact, and just asking.. I thought ya'll dudes are into soccer, which is a cool sport. lol

But don't be mad.
dude do your research pau, manu, najara, carlos arroyo, calderon, and im pretty sure im missing a few but there are !#* loads of nba players that arehispanic. i dont know if you doing this to get a rise out of people but you sound really foolish by your comments. oh by the way carmelo anthony is half puertorican.

dude do your research pau, manu, najara, carlos arroyo, calderon, and im pretty sure im missing a few but there are !#* loads of nba players that are hispanic. i dont know if you doing this to get a rise out of people but you sound really foolish by your comments. oh by the way carmelo anthony is half puerto rican.
Okay those are european, and they're ballers.

I was talking about mexican aka the majority hispanic laker fans.

i mean i got some mexican friends and we always joke about it but they never tell me why.

anyways thanks for sharing though, you seem to know alot.

dude do your research pau, manu, najara, carlos arroyo, calderon, and im pretty sure im missing a few but there are !#* loads of nba players that are hispanic. i dont know if you doing this to get a rise out of people but you sound really foolish by your comments. oh by the way carmelo anthony is half puerto rican.

i mean i got some mexican friends and we always joke about it but they never tell me why.

the only one from that list that is european is pau because he is from spain. but the rest of the dudes is either puerto rican or from argentina andthats south america not europe.

Good Lord you are dumb. All you're doing is generalizing.

Kobe is going to have to play better, I don't care about fouls or anything, we are all waiting on Kobe....

I gotta find my '02 LA AF1's

Alright this is the last thing I'm going to say on Game 2's commentary in here. It seems that most of the Celtics fans in here acknowledge that theofficiating was mostly in their favor last night, it seems to me most of the comments are coming from people who's team isn't even the Celtics, and arein either one of two groups Laker/Kobe haters or just basketball fans. And the 'haters' just won't acknowledge that the officiating had ANY effecton the game, it was all the Lakers fault because they're a jumpshooting team.....wait they had more shot attempts and points in the paint; they were softon the glass......wait they only got outrebounded by 1; their defense was lackluster....well for the most part that's true but it was kinda hard to playaggressively when every touch on one end was called. I mean the C's for all their great defense, the Lakers shot 50% from the field and 48% from three, soit's not like the Celtics were beasts last night defensively. For you guys to sit here and call Laker fans crybabies for stating the obvious and then inthe same breath not even acknowledge that the officials had a moderate to big impact on the game is hypocritical.

Just look at the stats for last nights game:

Shooting percentages: Celtics-52.9 Lakers-49.4
3 pointers made: Celtics-9 Lakers-10 (Lakers +3 POINTS)
Rebounds: Celtics-37 Lakers-36
Turnovers: Celtics-15 Lakers-14
Steals: Celtics-7 Lakers-8
and Finally FREE THROWS- Celtics 27 for 38 Lakers 10 for 10 (Celtics +17 POINTS)
Final score Lakers-102 Celtics-108

Why the heck is everything else pretty much even and then the last stat so lopsided in favor of the home team? Hater response 1: It's cause the Lakers wereshooting jumpshots all night and not taking it to the hole. Wrong Lakers points in the paint-40 Celtics-34 and they took more shots in the paint than theCeltics as well.

In conclusion, did they Lakers play a pefect game last night, hell no; there were defensive lapses and poor execution that contributed to that effort and LeonPowe played the game of his life, but were those the ONLY factors that contributed to the Lakers loss last night? Haters and/or basketball fans just answer methat? Did the officiating have and influence on the game at all? Peace, love, and soul.

I think the Lakers evened a lot of those stats up in the fourth quarter when the Celtics completely let their foot off the gas. Pierce was laughing and joking,etc. Even Kareem admitted this in the postgame.

I honestly had a sour taste in my mouth because it is annoying to get all those calls when you feel that you can win without the help.

Originally Posted by Kidskillz858

I see a bunch of people on this thread and the game 1 thread have been sippin on this the past 2 games:

haterade.gif

Especialy when you have Heat fans, Knick fans, Michael Jordan SLURPERS coming in talking a bunch of non sense .
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
at this dude. someone didnt get any love last night from kobe and the soft as cotton lakers last night. yup i think mj is the GOAT so what.........

What's sad is even during the run we were having, Kobe gets no call on the lefty and the oop. We foul on Rondo and the weak foul on Pierce at the end ofthe game to put them up 4.

Actually Pierce even hit Sashas hand. I don't care what any of ya'll say.

We went against the "System" and almost stole the game but they made sure we wouldn't.

Oh and those asking where is Kobe? 11-23 isn't bad, 30 points and 8 dimes. He can't go wild on his own with everyone watching you lose that way. Heneeds the shooters and Pau to stay aggressive. The question is wheres Odom?

As a fan of both teams and not rooting for any team in particular, I can easily say that the lakers lose games and blame them on calls the refs made/didn'tmake. I'm not trying to see kobe go to the line every time he touches the ball and whenever he misses he seems to flail his arms up in discontent. He'sa great player but that is not great basketball. Whats happening now is that the lakers are trying to kill the big three by drawing contact and getting theminto the bench to do damage to the bench players but its not working. Sure there are some calls that aren't great or should have been made but thats gonnahappen, its been happening all year. If you let that determine how you're going to play then you might as well just forfit. It seems after every"questionable" call is made against the lakers, they start to stink it up and get run over. They can definitely beat the celtics but so far it justlooks like they dont know how, and the team is a lot better since they played during the regular season...a lot better.

wow you're dumb.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Twig1026

As a fan of both teams and not rooting for any team in particular, I can easily say that the lakers lose games and blame them on calls the refs made/didn't make. I'm not trying to see kobe go to the line every time he touches the ball and whenever he misses he seems to flail his arms up in discontent. He's a great player but that is not great basketball. Whats happening now is that the lakers are trying to kill the big three by drawing contact and getting them into the bench to do damage to the bench players but its not working. Sure there are some calls that aren't great or should have been made but thats gonna happen, its been happening all year. If you let that determine how you're going to play then you might as well just forfit. It seems after every "questionable" call is made against the lakers, they start to stink it up and get run over. They can definitely beat the celtics but so far it just looks like they dont know how, and the team is a lot better since they played during the regular season...a lot better.
exactly what i said the lakers are beating themselves and as questionable the refs were in the game you still have to continue to play the game anddont go crying to the bench whenever calls dont go your way. thats it.point blank end of story

i told myself last night if Powe gets 15 + pts the game will be over.
mad.gif
TheC's were the aggressors all game thats why they deserve those trips to the line. But i do agree those FT attempts really had a negative affect on the Lakeroffense because they couldnt get into a rhythm.
Celtics took care of business Lakers need to do the same
Game 3 should be good

But who cares? Fact of the matter is that Celtics won both games. We can care less about stats and for the record Rondo's ball movement was incredible lastnight. I will say that in Game 1 the calls were on Celtics side 99%. That only goes so far tho, especially with that heavy lead yesterday b4 4th.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

11-23 isn't bad, 30 points and 8 dimes.
Misleading.

For the first say, 42 minutes of the game...he created nothing. Not a thing.

Hmmm if you watched the game you will know it doesn't help when you have to sit down half the 2nd quarter due to fouls. What you want him to do goback to 2006? That's not going to win a title.

Back
Top Bottom