Official 2008 NBA Finals Game 2 Thread: Lakers @ Boston 6/8 6PM PST Game On ABC HD

Celtics at home are too good and add the home court advantage calls to it and the Lakers have no answer for them.
HOPEFULLY the Celtics on the road are the same road team that stuggled through out the playoffs and Hopefully the Lakers can pull off 3 straight at Staples.

(if is sounds like Im conceding this game to the Celtics...well I just cant see how the Lakers can win this one. They cant get to the line, Celtics making allthe big shots. and the defense is keeping Kobe on the outside. SO I guess its wait till they get to Staples and see if they make this a series. )

Boston defense tonight?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

why dont yall go in on the refs and stop been company men.

If I were Phil, I would relay the message to Stern that if the refs keep calling it like this, our team is going to walk out and not play the rest of theseries. They want to give the title to the Celtics, then give it. Leon Powe - 9 FTs vs. Lakers - 2 FTs

Yall know Kobe played 18 outa 24 minutes right??

Yall won't criticize him.

call it like it is...he's done little positive offensively for the team...very little.

Refs didn't stop Pau from being aggressive...

yes the celtics are outplaying the lakers.

and yes, the refs are calling the game one-sided.

hopefully the lakers stop turning the ball over, reaching/hacking on defense and move the ball better.

it also be nice if the refs gain some consistency.

laugh.gif
smh.gif
what a joke that first half was. All I can say is I hope we keep playing tough and hopefully the calls even out in the 2nd half.

if u havent notice..LA has more TOs in the half then they did in Game 1 soooooooooo let me think...............oh yeah they need to concentrate on theirdecisions and stop complaining about the fouls. im pretty sure they will get all the fouls they want in LA for the next 3 games

Originally Posted by Infyrno23

you mean to *%!!+@ tell me that the Lakers have not got fouled ONCE IN THE WHOLE *%!!+@ FIRST HALF
a tech and a gasol and one that they were relectant to call.....

GET THE $%%@ OUT OF HERE!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

it's so infuriating that I can not help but laugh a little
smh.gif
this is some %#++ ery

Real Talk

Just stop.

You have people posting in here who dislike both teams.....don't be blind to the fact that its one-sided (SO FAR).

How do you expect a team to play sharp basketball when their best players are sitting on the bench due to ticky-tack fouls and the C's are shooting 10xmore free throws than them?

Originally Posted by NYfly1

i sens alot of tension in this thread eh?
you laker fans are mad??

laugh.gif
you're a troll and you'll get banned soon.

don't slip up.

wow i didnt want to say it but this is riged look at the fouls we get called for we drive in get hammerd and get no call im done with the NBA

2 fouls shots and one came on a tech..horrible

Paul Pierce is now up there with LeBron for my least favorite players for over exaggerating his injury i can't stand that

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

PIERCE JUST FREAKING FLOPPED SO HARD!!!

Oh my gosh, this is beyond frustrating.

Enjoy this, Celtics fan.

Enjoy your fraudulent victory.

I've lost a lot of respect for my SoCal native, Paul Pierce.

People are saying 'The Lakers have to play tough D,' but... WE'RE NOT BEING ALLOWED TO!!! The Celtics are being allowed to HAMMER us and we have to make good plays to even get a shot off in the paint, but they can be guaranteed a free throw if we even touch them.

CO-$%$@%%@-SIGN

smh.gif
alien.gif

Yea. I want to see you guys get a ton of BS calls now so I can feel like we might get a legit win.
ohwell.gif

I mean, as a Raptors fan, I could care less who wins. Personally, I enjoy watching Kobe play basketball. But, this is not basketball; not in the least. This isthe WWE. Everything seems to be damn near planned out in regards to who gets calls, and who doesnt.

I would understand a few missed calls, but during the first half, I counted in double digits the number of blatant and terrible calls on both ends of thefloor.

Enjoy the championship Boston.
2008 Sports Achievement Award.

where is the Lakers 3 pt shooting??
how is Pau going to let KG get that offensive rebound...
the refs took the Lakers out of the game....no flow, no rhythm.
this game is frustrating me more than the 1st game....

the Celtics have the inside out game going strong while BOTH 1st and 2nd team are in
...I don't know what the Lakers can do to stop it.

Officiating is only helping the Boston Celtics, quite atrocious.
Something like officiating should not be so one-sided, ESPECIALLY in the FINALS.
Paul Pierce has gotten on my nerves...this guy flops like hell now, it's disgusting. Just play the game.

I'm looking forward to see how different everything will be when the next game is at the STAPLES center

On the other hand...Jason Richardson doing big things
pimp.gif
(It's sarcasm for those under 18)

I'm not a fan of either team, but if I did have to choose, it'd be the Los Angeles Lakers.

Bad calls, yes...but, The refs aren't making your offense stagnant and aren't limiting Kobe in his decision making.
EXACTLY, y'know why Lakers losing is cuz Lakers are trying to play EASTERN CONFERENCE style ball in an Eastern Conference stadium. Lakers gotfinsesse players trying to drive to the basket. you're not getting the calls. it is what it is. you will lose. i keep saying it, this is a battle ofsystems. Boston's system vs. Laker system. you have to stick to your system and execute it. don;t try to play the celtics slow game, you will lose. now yousee things unravelled a bit in that half.

i feel like the way the first half went is so much more frustrating to people who actually played ball in HS / college .we've all had one of those games where the refs calls against your squad are just laughable for a whole quarter or half

Back
Top Bottom