..:Official 2008 NL Central Thread:..Congratulations Chicago Cubs...:

SOREiano left the game in the 1st with a calf strain. Way to make you paycheck Alfonso. A real Charlie Hustle he is.
smh.gif

Pirates are the hottest team in baseball
laugh.gif
4 in a row... god we're terrible, i don't know how we've strung 4 in a row together againstANYBODY... Nate McClouth however, has hit in every game this year so far.. 14 game streak to start the season, not bad at all out of our leadoff man.

KOOdctJJ.jpg

Clutch hitting gives Cards opener

Four two-out RBIs provide Looper victory over Brewers
By Matthew Leach / MLB.com

ST. LOUIS -- Skip Schumaker had two big hits and Braden Looper worked around five walks as the Cardinals beat the Brewers, 6-1, at Busch Stadium on Tuesday night. St. Louis moved 1 1/2 games clear of Milwaukee in the National League Central.
With two outs and the score tied, 1-1, in the fifth inning, Schumaker poked a single to left field that scored Adam Kennedy, who had led off the frame with a single. Schumaker took second on the throw home and scored the third Cardinals run when Chris Duncan singled. Two innings later, Schumaker stretched the lead when his two-out double again scored Kennedy.

Looper improved to 3-0 despite being less than completely sharp. He lasted five-plus innings, and though he held the potent Milwaukee lineup to a single run, he issued five free passes.

Kyle McClellan pitched two scoreless innings in relief, with Ryan Franklin and Anthony Reyes bringing it home.

Matthew Leach is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

Great way to start the series against the Brew crew
pimp.gif

Was a pretty good game........I actually enjoyed the bleacher seats better than the infields for some reason. Its like the people with cheaper seats are moreoutgoing than the people that paid $50+ per ticket..........Ill be buying bleacher tickets from now on
smile.gif

Good game by the cards.......I wish i knew it was gonna be 50 degrees, that damn hoody didnt help me AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!

37902943.jpg

Cubbies Turn Reds Blue, win 9-5
Alfonso Soriano hurt himself during a hop while catching a routine fly ball in the first inning Tuesday night at Wrigley Field and appearsheaded to the disabled list with more leg problems.

Soriano was taken to Northwestern Memorial hospital for an MRI on his strained right calf, and manager Lou Piniella said it would "probably be awhile" before he returns.

"If he's out for an extended period of time, obviously it will hurt us," he said.

The Cubs went on to beat Cincinnati 9-5 to spoil Dusty Baker's return to Wrigley Field, using home runs from Mark DeRosa, Derrek Lee and Ryan Theriot tohelp starter Ryan Dempster to his second straight victory.

But the big concern afterward was the status of Soriano, the Cubs leadoff hitter and left fielder. The strange play happened in the first inning when he ranover to left- center field to make a routine catch of a Ken Griffey Jr. fly to end the inning.

As is his habit, Soriano hopped while making the catch. But he landed awkwardly on his right leg and limped off the field. Mike Fontenot replaced him in thelineup and took over at second base while DeRosa moved from second to left. If Soriano goes on the DL Wednesday, the likely replacement in left will beTriple-A outfielder Matt Murton, who is hitting .294 with no extra-base hits after Tuesday night's game at New Orleans.

Soriano began doing the hop when he made his conversion from second base to the outfield in spring training of 2006 with Washington. He had trouble makingcatches on routine flies, so he decided to add a little hop before making the catch to help with his concentration.
-------------------------
My guess is that Sori's out 2-3 weeks......unbelievable really.

I'll give credit to Dempster, he pitched well. we got a few runs early and i thought that would ignite us, but...

Harang didn't pitch bad, he kept us in the game. bullpen sucked.

time to piss Zambrano off today.

Today is going to be a home run derby at Wrigley. Wind going straight out at sustained speeds of 30 MPH with gusts over 40. Thank God Marquis inst pitching.

Good win by the northsiders last night. I am very encouraged by Theriot and DeRosa, Such good ballplayers.. And Derreks performance last night was MVP caliberstuff. His defense is disgustingly good.

Its also nice to have guys come off the bench and contribute, I feel confident when Fontenot is pinch hitting or switched in.

Poor Mike Wuertz needs to find away to get it together. he has given up 2 homeruns in his last 5 at bats.

Originally Posted by tylerdub

Today is going to be a home run derby at Wrigley. Wind going straight out at sustained speeds of 30 MPH with gusts over 40. Thank God Marquis inst pitching.

Good win by the northsiders last night. I am very encouraged by Theriot and DeRosa, Such good ballplayers.. And Derreks performance last night was MVP caliber stuff. His defense is disgustingly good.

Its also nice to have guys come off the bench and contribute, I feel confident when Fontenot is pinch hitting or switched in.

Poor Mike Wuertz needs to find away to get it together. he has given up 2 homeruns in his last 5 at bats.

i hope zambrano keeps the ball down tonight!! hopefully we come outa this game with a W! and yes Dlee's Defense is AMAZING
eek.gif
! i think thats the absolute best part of his game!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Gotta love the way D Lee has started. Looks like he's finally over that wrist injury. At least I hope so.
frown.gif

F in Soriano though. Damn man, stay the hell healthy.

So the wind is blowing out today huh? Uh oh. Dunn hasn't done much so far, but he loves crushing us, I wouldn't be surprised if he put one in thestreets today.

Back
Top Bottom