..:Official 2008 NL Central Thread:..Congratulations Chicago Cubs...:

he's locked in right now...no doubt about it, it's disgusting.

at least the Cubs lost today.
pimp.gif

Great win by the Cubbies. They were down 2-0 early, and after yesterdays heartbreaking loss, they could've panicked, but we prevailed.

8-2 on the homestand......WOW !! far exceeded by hopes. On to Houston !!

2/3 from the Rays, ill take it............Hopefully this pumps them up a bit. Perez needs to be the Closer.............PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A few pics i took at the game a few days ago
getimage.asp

getimage.asp

They were GRILLING Duncan all night out there in the left field bleachers (cardinals fans) i kinda felt bad for him, till he hit that home run
getimage.asp

Good weekend by the Cubs. I have little to no faith in Marquis, but it was good to see him snap his 3 game losing streak.

Hopefully we can keep it rolling and beat up on the Astros. I know Soriano can.
smile.gif

Finally the Cards are able to grab a series, hopefully they are out of that slump they were in. Depending on the weather I should be catching the Cardinals -Dodgers game this weekend. Time to head into Chavez Ravine in Cardinal red, should be interesting.

Originally Posted by tylerdub

Good weekend by the Cubs. I have little to no faith in Marquis, but it was good to see him snap his 3 game losing streak.

Hopefully we can keep it rolling and beat up on the Astros. I know Soriano can.
smile.gif

I kinda feel the same way! But the thing about marquis is that he seems to pitch well in most games but its just that ONE inning that kills him! I feellike if we can get at least 12-15 wins from him that would be great for this team.

Big series vs the Stros starting tonight.
pimp.gif

Hopefully Soriano can get us off to a good start in the top of the first, and we can put this one to bed early.

Time to get a little separation in the Central.
smokin.gif

Time for the Reds to go west, we need to pick up some ground and we're starting to heat up.

dang i missed it.... i was at a soccer game and just got back.
frown.gif

All the talk on the radio was about whether or not Edmonds could handle the outfield at minute maid park, i guess he answered that question.

Originally Posted by tylerdub

All the talk on the radio was about whether or not Edmonds could handle the outfield at minute maid park, i guess he answered that question.
some real smart guys on the radio...why the hell couldn't he?

I think he made a catch falling up the hill one year with the cards........Dont think many balls are hit right there anyway, dont see why he cant handle it

Yea, that too......But i think him actually catching the ball going up the hill is a better example of him dealing with it just fine.

Fan assisted 12th homerun and RBI 30 and 31.........Ill take it
smile.gif
Hopefully we can sweep the padres and get some confidence in our pitching staff.........THISis the team they could have put izzy in to get him some confidence back, they suck big time.

39049355.jpg

Soto Goes Inside the Park, Edmonds Makes Great Grab
Cubs Win 7-2
HOUSTON - Geovany Soto didn't get the automatic home run he deserved, but it didn't make a difference as the Cubs beat the HoustonAstros 7-2 on Monday night.

Soto was credited with an inside-the-park homer in the fourth inning despite replays showing that it should have been an automatic home run. The ball bouncedjust to the right of the yellow line on the wall in left-center field. Astros center fielder Michael Bourn scooped it up and threw it home, but Soto scoredeasily before the throw got there.

Aramis Ramirez singled and Kosuke Fukudome walked before the hit. Ramirez added an indisputable two-run homer to the back row of the stands in the left fieldCrawford Boxes in the ninth inning.

Soto's was the first inside-the-park home run for a catcher since Joe Mauer of the Twins hit one against the Angels on July 21 according to the EliasSports Bureau. The last National League catcher to achieve the feat was Kelly Stinnett for Arizona on Aug. 29, 2005.

It's the first one for the Cubs since Derrek Lee hit one on Aug. 26 and the third in Minute Maid Park history.

The win is Chicago's ninth in the last 11 and puts the Cubs at 11 games over .500 for the first time since finishing the 2004 season at 16 over.

^^ if he can keep making catches like the one he made last night it makes it easier to accept! Another great win by the cubs! good to see DLEE hopefullybreaking out of his slump going 2-5 with an rbi, lets keep it rolling!

Back
Top Bottom