..:Official 2008 NL Central Thread:..Congratulations Chicago Cubs...:

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by Wisconsin 4 Life

Brewers are going to win the division. The only way we don't win the division is if we get hit by the injury bug again. Once we get Yovanni back from injury and Cameron back from suspension we'll be even better. This is going to be one enjoyable and unforgettable season.

Calm down, it's one week. Last year didn't teach you anything? You need more then one decet starting pitcher to win a division. We'll be there at the end, you'll see.
Get to know Yovanni Gallardo, Carlos Villanueva, and Manny Parra. All under 25 years old, all studs.
Oh were you talking about your team with only one decent pitcher? Anyways get to know those 3, going to be a serious problem for the next 5 years for thedivision.

Originally Posted by AM 1 FIEND

It's going to be hilarious if neither the Brewers or the Scrubs win the division, a lot of %%#* talking in the 1st week already.

Yea...Cubs look like crap......and soriano is batting .045
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Looks like after signing that contract he laxed off a bit........only star for them is that asian dude..............by the way.......where the hell is SoTaguchi???

EDIT**Nevermind....he is with the phillies, and he is 38, past his best days anyway.

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

It's going to be hilarious if neither the Brewers or the Scrubs win the division, a lot of %%#* talking in the 1st week already.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Looks like after signing that contract he laxed off a bit........only star for them is that asian dude..............by the way.......where the hell is So Taguchi???

EDIT**Nevermind....he is with the phillies, and he is 38, past his best days anyway.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I miss Zo. At least he was a knowledgeable fan...

I dont see how the Brewers dont win the Division. Il be pissed if they blow it again.
But im feeling this squad will be much better 2nd time around together.

Originally Posted by truthmain

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Looks like after signing that contract he laxed off a bit........only star for them is that asian dude..............by the way.......where the hell is So Taguchi???

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I miss Zo. At least he was a knowledgeable fan...

....uh huh..............thats the only name ive seen people mention on this thread.......Sorry, i dont follow loosers very often
grin.gif

Another win.........5 in a row....But lets see how we do against the asstro`s and the gi-AINTS these next 7 days...........The brewers series will tell alotabout the team too........got tix to the game on the 15th

Volquez
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Now the Corey Patterson signing is looking good too. Hopefully Belisle can take Fogg's spot in the rotation
sick.gif
, and then I'll feel comfortable on each day. Maybe Homer Bailey surprises usand makes enough noise to get called up and thrown into the rotation. Fogg and Belisle to the bullpen, and then cut Mercker? I can dream can't I
tongue.gif
It's only April boys.

pacmagic2002 Don't pay attention to truthmain, dude is a bona fide fan of losers
laugh.gif

Anyways,
HMsJ9DBv.jpg

Cards win fifth in a row, sweep Nats

Lohse tosses seven shutout innings; Ankiel belts third homer

By Nate Latsch / MLB.com

ST. LOUIS -- Right-hander Kyle Lohse continued the Cardinals' string of strong outings from starting pitchers, while former starter Rick Ankiel provided the pop.
Lohse tossed seven shutout innings and Ankiel had a home run and two RBIs as the Cardinals swept the Nationals, 3-0, on Sunday afternoon at Busch Stadium for their fifth consecutive victory.

In two starts this season, Lohse (1-0) has not allowed a run in 12 innings. On Sunday, he gave up seven hits, struck out five and walked four among his 102 pitches. Lohse worked ahead in the count, throwing first-pitch strikes to 16 of the 24 batters he faced, and got 11 fly ball outs.

The right-hander added to the rotation's impressive run. Through the first six games of the season, the Cardinals' starters -- Adam Wainwright, Lohse, Braden Looper, Todd Wellemeyer and Brad Thompson -- are 5-0 with a 0.96 ERA and have combined for 24 strikeouts and 12 walks in 37 2/3 innings.

St. Louis struck first as Ankiel drove home Brian Barton with an RBI double off the base of the center-field wall in the bottom of the first inning.

Ankiel hit a solo home run, his third of the season and 16th of his career, to left-center in the third inning. All three of the left-handed-hitting Ankiel's home runs this season have come against left-handers. He leads the Cardinals with six RBIs.

St. Louis added a run in the eighth, when Ryan Ludwick led off with a triple and scored on Yadier Molina's sacrifice fly to center field.

Nate Latsch is a contributor to MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

We should be undefeated
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

I dont see how the Brewers dont win the Division. Il be pissed if they blow it again.
But im feeling this squad will be much better 2nd time around together.

im a huge cubs fan! Of course i think my team is going to take this division! However i think the brew crew have a Great squad... to answer the first partof your comment...
"I dont see how the Brewers dont win the Division" If they lose sheets again for an extended period of time i think they haveno shot!

Zambrano Does Work, Leads Way To Series Win
37563109.jpg

Derrek Lee had another big hit for the Cubs, and he was more interested in talking about teammate Alfonso Soriano's play in the field.

Lee hit a tiebreaking homer in the seventh and Soriano threw out a runner at the plate to help the Cubs edge the Houston Astros 3-2 on Sunday.

"A huge play," Lee said of Soriano's perfect strike that cut down speedy Michael Bourn and completed a double play that ended the first inning.

"It kind of turned the momentum to our side. It could have been a big inning. ... But that double play really got us doing."

Bourn led off with a single and made it to third on a double by Hunter Pence. Carlos Zambrano fanned Darin Erstad before Carlos Lee lifted a fly to left andSoriano made a perfect throw to catcher Henry Blanco. Soriano had 19 outfield assists last season.

"I think somebody has to see the scouting report. Soriano is one of the best throwing. He proved it last year," said Zambrano, who struck out sevenin seven innings.

For the Astros, it was a risk but also a chance to score early against Zambrano, who'd been forced out of the season opener with a forearm cramp.

"You have to try. You've got 'Z' on the mound," Astros manager Cecil Cooper said, adding that he didn't fault third-base coach EdRomero's decision to send Bourn.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::
it irks me to see StL. and Mil continue to win.......damn it

This Just In : Cueto and Volquez are the truth. Replace Fogg with Homer by end of next month, and you would be crazy to say the Reds won't be in it til theend. Finish off the Phills tomorrow, then on to Brewtown

Originally Posted by CP1708

Brewers are going to win the division. The only way we don't win the division is if we get hit by the injury bug again. Once we get Yovanni back from injury and Cameron back from suspension we'll be even better. This is going to be one enjoyable and unforgettable season.

Calm down, it's one week. Last year didn't teach you anything? You need more then one decet starting pitcher to win a division. We'll be there at the end, you'll see.
Get to know Yovanni Gallardo, Carlos Villanueva, and Manny Parra. All under 25 years old, all studs.
Oh were you talking about your team with only one decent pitcher? Anyways get to know those 3, going to be a serious problem for the next 5 years for the division.

So because you have 3 young starters, the division is yours? Isn't Gallardo hurt? I liked him last year, he was tough. If they work out for you,you'll be fine, but don't act like we are short on pitching. We have extra starters these days. With Z, Lilly, Hill, Marquis, Demp, Leiber, Marshallin the wings, we have plenty of depth for either injuries or struggles (Marquis) Like I said, it's one week, you haven't won the division or anythingclose yet.

If I were a Reds, Brewers, and maybe even a Cardinal fan, there would be reason to be optimistic after a week of baseball, but guys seriously, your drinking upthat happy juice pretty damn quickly. One great start for a young pitcher doesn't mean that he's gonna do that every time out. I'm not saying thatthose young guys won't perform, but there's over 150 games left to go!!!!

Milwaukee's gonna be there at the end, no doubt. Too much offense and Sheets going complete yesterday was HUGE for them.

The Cardinal offense has been great, and the pitchers are doing a good job.

A week does NOT define a 162 game season, especially when that week is the first one.

Great start to the game today. 7 - 0 in the 3rd. We're probably going to win the division based off this game alone. Hell, we may never lose anothergame ever.
wink.gif

I had a bad feeling this year that Lilly's last season was an aberration. This dude is blowing a 7-0 lead.

Originally Posted by aRog27

If I were a Reds, Brewers, and maybe even a Cardinal fan, there would be reason to be optimistic after a week of baseball, but guys seriously, your drinking up that happy juice pretty damn quickly. One great start for a young pitcher doesn't mean that he's gonna do that every time out. I'm not saying that those young guys won't perform, but there's over 150 games left to go!!!!

Milwaukee's gonna be there at the end, no doubt. Too much offense and Sheets going complete yesterday was HUGE for them.

The Cardinal offense has been great, and the pitchers are doing a good job.

A week does NOT define a 162 game season, especially when that week is the first one.

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am not delusional by any means. I don't think St. Louis will be anywhere near the top of the division as the seasonwinds down, but I am surprised how they have come out the gates. Carpenter isn't even playing and this pitching staff doesn't seem to even be phased. Iwill remain supportive of my team no matter what the outcome though. I just want to see the Scrubs collapse again and watch all of you cry a river
laugh.gif

I thought the Cubs played at 6pm.....d'oh

The 7-0 lead is down to 8-5...d'oh.

Back
Top Bottom