OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

Damn, I've never had the garlic fries at dodger stadium ... ill get em 4/15.

But I mean ... red robin's garlic fries can't be too far behind ... they're unlimitied
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Btw, randy wolf is having the game of his life right now.

randy wolf = 6 strike outs, 1 pick off,

he also has a double, a single and 2 rbis

laugh.gif

it's been all Wolf today...

BN - the garlic fries I get are on the Loge level.. somewhere between home plate and first base. I don't really remember cause my girl usually gets them. I get drinks.
grin.gif

they have the garlic fries in every section i think. havent been out in the pavilion in a while but im sure they are out there. look for a gordon biersch sign.thats who makes them. they also have them at those dodgers express food stands. the ones where you grab all the food then hit the cashier and pay.

time to head out to the stadium and hope for scalpers tonight.
laugh.gif

i love how Vin always tells a lil history when announcing a game.
pimp.gif

Hey, Did nomar retire or is he playing somewhere else? My girl wants to know.
grin.gif

his fielding skills
sick.gif

how he'd rather take a walk in a big pressure situation than be aggressive
sick.gif

his freakin strikeouts
sick.gif

arent we all glad he didnt end up with the dodgers
laugh.gif

btw: red robin garlic fries
normal_day_0123d.jpg

smokin.gif

man I wish we had signed Ichiro when he first came over. so clutch tonight. I remember reading that the Dodgers were outbid by only $1 milllion
smh.gif

BN im telling you....i have a bad feeling about Manny......i just hope he turns it on and doesn't stop till October....or i should say after October. lol

Originally Posted by jakecuevas

BN im telling you....i have a bad feeling about Manny......i just hope he turns it on and doesn't stop till October....or i should say after October. lol

Its a contract year for him....he's gonna step it up

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Newcombe named special adviser[/h2]LOS ANGELES -- Dodgers owner Frank McCourt has made Don Newcombe a special adviser to the chairman of the team.
Newcombe is the only player in baseball history to win rookie of the year, MVP and Cy Young Award honors. He joined the Brooklyn Dodgers in 1949, playing with Jackie Robinson and Roy Campanella.

At his age now, he could probably pitch better than Jason Schmidt.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

How has schmidt pitched lately? 5th starter worthy?
Where have you been MrJ? This came out a week or so ago.

To think he was gonna actually help this team
laugh.gif

Right now in the running for 5th: Claudio Vargas
sick.gif
, Eric Milton
alien.gif
, Eric Stults
laugh.gif
and someone else iunno.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Schmidt out of running to be fifth starter[/h1] [h2]Dodgers easing right-hander back into action after lost season[/h2]
PHOENIX -- Even before Jason Schmidt took the mound to pitch two scoreless innings of the Dodgers' exhibition game with Oakland on Monday, manager Joe Torre ruled the injury-plagued right-hander out of the competition to open the season as the club's fifth starter.
"This is all about getting him back sometime down the road," said Torre. "At this point, I don't know where it is with the surgery and the whole thing. We're looking at it like a continuing rehab."

Monday's start was Schmidt's second this spring, two more than he was able to make last spring coming off major shoulder surgery in June 2007. Last September, he underwent another procedure to remove the arthritic tip of his clavicle.

"That's up to him. It's not up to me," Schmidt said, referring to Torre's decision. "I just try to get up there on the mound and not think about Opening Day or five days from then. I'm thinking of eventually getting in a game, getting in a game in L.A. and pitching in the big leagues. There's no set timetable."

Schmidt has reported better health, but he still isn't able to throw on a normal five-day schedule because it takes his body longer to rebound.

"In the game, the adrenaline kicks in, but the [between-start bullpen sessions] are where I have the most trouble," said Schmidt. "That's where I want to work on stuff, but by the time I've gotten loose, I've thrown 60 pitches and it's time to quit."

Schmidt said he struggled to warm up Monday, but felt better once the game started. He walked Nomar Garciaparra in the first inning, got the first two outs in the second inning, then allowed a single and walk before ending the inning with his second strikeout.

Schmidt made 42 pitches and said by that time, he was loose enough to throw another inning, but that was never considered because of the likely longer rebound it would cause.

"Obviously, I'd like to go a few more innings," Schmidt said. "I was happy to get through it, to survive with getting outs. I was hitting my spots. It wasn't bad."

"He's a ways away from every five days," Torre said of Schmidt. "You saw last time he got tired in the second inning and needed extra time [one full week] to come back. At this juncture, in fairness to him, there's no way to count on that now, less than three weeks from Opening Day."

Because Schmidt's recovery time is unpredictable, Torre will look elsewhere for his fifth starter. Candidates include Eric Milton, Eric Stults, Claudio Vargas and Shawn Estes, who struggled against the A's Monday.

Estes allowed two runs on six hits with a walk and hit batter in 2 1/3 innings, three of the hits going for extra bases.

The most impressive Dodgers pitcher was right-hander Josh Lindblom, their second-round pick last year from Purdue, who pitched two scoreless innings.

Lindblom, 21, is still in Minor League camp and had only 34 professional innings last year, but is ranked by Baseball America as the organization's No. 4 prospect. He is expected to see continued action in Major League games this spring.

Earlier, the Dodgers used three pitchers in a nine-run third inning that included four walks and two hit batters.

Jeff Weaver started that inning in relief of Schmidt, and all four batters he faced scored, after which Torre said Weaver would be used exclusively in relief and would not become a candidate for the fifth-starter job.
Weaver was relieved by Stephen Randolph, who did his candidacy for the second lefty reliever role no good when he allowed three walks, a hit and four more runs. Estes inherited the bases loaded from Randolph and all three runners scored, as did the first batter Estes faced. He finished with 2 2/3 innings and was charged with two runs.

Did u guys know the game is being televised on fsn primeticket?

Its the mariners broadcasters, so its kinda random.

Kershaw's on the mound, haven't seen him pitch this spring

Back
Top Bottom