OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

I'm trying to save for playoffs too, but buying these expensIve !+$ textbooks is no joke. Taking 6 classes FTL
frown.gif

Don't mind MrJ, 3 of those classes are PE: yoga, kickboxing and dance.
laugh.gif

Btw, with the addition of Garland anyone else think Bills should get a couple games off to rest his legs?

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Don't mind MrJ, 3 of those classes are PE: yoga, kickboxing and dance.
laugh.gif

Btw, with the addition of Garland anyone else think Bills should get a couple games off to rest his legs?

laugh.gif

I definitely think he should get a breather during the entire homestand.

Interested to see this jersey that 562, and Ironman speak of
nerd.gif
( i have a feeling it has some green in it)
tongue.gif

No green. Instead of Dodgers on the chest, it says Los Dodgers. Personally, it is kind of corny. They've had the jersey at various teamstores since the All Star break. Although, 562, seems to have a difficult time finding it,
laugh.gif

Btw, Tony Abreu could be sent to the d'backs for Garland, could explain why they're paying for every penny.

I wish it would have been Hu, hope Abreu gets plenty of playing time ... he just never panned out with the Dodgers due to his mysterious injuries.
That is unfortunate. If Abreu ever puts it together, he will be very good. I think the front office ran out of patience.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Interested to see this jersey that 562, and Ironman speak of
nerd.gif
( i have a feeling it has some green in it)
tongue.gif
No green. Instead of Dodgers on the chest, it says Los Dodgers. Personally, it is kind of corny. They've had the jersey at various team stores since the All Star break. Although, 562, seems to have a difficult time finding it,
laugh.gif

Oh, then it wouldn't be a big deal.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

I'm trying to save for playoffs too, but buying these expensIve !+$ textbooks is no joke. Taking 6 classes FTL
frown.gif

6 classes??
eek.gif

How many units is that?

18 units. I'm just trying to get this %%$$ over with. My counselor said I've passed my necessary classes that I need a C/C+ in....so I'm good witha D now. I'm not shooting for a D, but I'm at the point where ill take it!

If we actually give up Abreu I will be very disappointed. I don't see how he would clear waivers though.

Blake Griffin throwing out the first pitch today
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

If we actually give up Abreu I will be very disappointed. I don't see how he would clear waivers though.

Blake Griffin throwing out the first pitch today
pimp.gif

It's tomorrow, not tonight.
smile.gif

Jason Repko has finally made it back to the bigs
eek.gif
smokin.gif

Dude is relentless as hell (probably why this dude is always on the DL) and I'm surprise he's still with the club.

[h3]http://twitter.com/DodgertownUSA/status/3694745776[/h3]
[h3]Scott Elbert, A.J. Ellis, and Jason Repko (!!!) Are Recalled[/h3]
The first wave of September callups were announced today, as Scott Elbert, A.J. Ellis, and Jason Repko were recalled from Triple A Albuqerque.

The Repko news is a bit shocking, as I frankly expected him to be a prime candidate to be designated for assignment to make room for the new Dodgers on the 40-man roster. This is the first time Repko has seen with the big club this season.

DODGERS LINEUP tonight:

Furcal SS
Kemp CF
Ethier RF
Ramirez LF
Blake 3B
Hudson 2B
Martin C
Loney 1B
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
(Hope he gets out of his damn slump)
Padilla P

roll.gif

I wonder what's going on in Loney's head.

He ain't seein the field vs leftys
They tried to trade him to SD.
Then they picked up Belliard (who plays first)
Now they got Thome and Dodgers can't wait to get MKZ back.
Even Loretta has shown more consistency than Loney.
& today ... our power sluggin first baseman is protected by the pitcher
laugh.gif

Yeah, their patience is wearing thin with bape.

Chill BN.

Loney's stats vs LHP are actually pretty decent.
They didn't try to trade him, they kicked tires around Adrian Gonzalez, not exactly a slight to Loney
Belliard doesn't play first.
Thome can't play first, Mientkiewicz sucks.
Loretta hasn't shown %!$+ all season. I mean seriously he hasn't done anything after the first couple of weeks of the season.

laugh.gif

Always gotta rescue someone pmac.

Decent or not, loney ain't seein it vs leftys.
Whether you like to believe it, loney almost got dealt.
Belliard plays first, second and third.
Thome is just another lefty on the team that is needed for some pop, something lackin with Loney.
Mienkevitz sucks,
Loretta has been solid.

There's no denying most of the moves the dodgers have made have been to help kick start the production at first and on the bench.

No matter how you slice it, if any of the kids where to go it would be Loney (I'm not saying they will be traded).

Loneys a cool dude though, a future gold glover at 1B and is a nice hitter that can use the field, but when he goes away from what he's good at and triesto swing for the fences, thats when he seems to struggle.

[h1]http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/dodgerthoughts/2009/09/dodgers-surprise-by-scuttling-hoffmann.html[/h1]
[h1]Dodgers surprise by scuttling Hoffmann[/h1]
September 1, 2009 | 3:54 pm

Instead of Jason Repko, the Dodgers have jettisoned Jamie Hoffmann to the Designated for Assigment wilds. It's not a move of great consequence, but it's surprising because Hoffmann had options remaining past this season, because Hoffmann is if nothing else a highly regarded defensive player and because he's probably superior on most levels to the older Repko.

Thanks to Eric Stephen of True Blue L.A. for spotting this first.

Sucks for Hoffman.

they shouldve dumped him but then again i also wanted them to dump kemp last year when he was an automatic strike out.

No seriously, look at Loney's splits VS Lefties. They're actually pretty good.

Loretta has been solid?
roll.gif

I'm not saying Loney hasn't horribly underperformed this year, but it's beyond foolish to suggest that any of the 4 who you say would possiblyreplace him could do even what he's doing right now.

Loney vs lefties this year - .304/.390/.471.

Loney on the road this year - .305/.382/.465.

Unfortunately he can't hit righties or at home. He's more or less the opposite of Andre.

Mark Loretta is slugging under .300 on the season. Like I sad, awful. 6 XBH in 162 AB. Where the !$%! did you get solid from?

Belliard has started 26 games at 1st in 11 years in the Majors and he's 5'8". I HIGHLY doubt Joe will put him at 1B.

No seriously, look at Loney's splits VS Lefties. They're actually pretty good.

Loretta has been solid?
roll.gif

I'm not saying Loney hasn't horribly underperformed this year, but it's beyond foolish to suggest that any of the 4 who you say would possibly replace him could do even what he's doing right now.
I'm over it man
laugh.gif

I never suggested for ANY of those 4 to replace Loney, I just said it's pretty obvious we've added those piecesto help in the production area we've been lacking.

Loretta is clutch, stop hating on the fossil.

Mark Loretta is slugging under .300 on the season. Like I sad, awful. 6 XBH in 162 AB. Where the $#%! did you get solid from?

Loretta is a bench player, he's been a solid contributor for us when he's been called upon.

Solid just like Juan Castro and solid like Brad Ausmus.

Back
Top Bottom