Official: 2009 Fantasy Football Thread (Week 6)

Does anyone think T.O's gonna turn it around? I'm hesitant to trade my two wrs, Roddy and Welker, for T.O and Ray Rice.

Thoughts.....

I give: Big Ben TJ Housh Ryan Grant

I get: Maurice Jones-Drew Massaquoi Earl Bennett

grin.gif

Originally Posted by Frank 7he T4nk

Does anyone think T.O's gonna turn it around? I'm hesitant to trade my two wrs, Roddy and Welker, for T.O and Ray Rice.

Post ur team bro

Let's talk about some sleeper waiver wire pick ups. Like who is a good RB going into week 6? Sammy Morris, Leon Washington, Jamal Lewis, Sproles?

Damn, you got Washington and Sproiles in FA?

I would pickup Sproles, been trying to trade for that guy forever.

My team

Rodgers
Lynch
Bradshaw
Morris
Deangelo Williams
Wayne
Sims-Walker
Rice

Only start 2 rbs so I always have guys sitting

Would you guys do Lynch, Bradshaw,Sims-Walker for Kevin Smith and Wes Welker?

I like Welker the rest of the year over Sims-Walker. I think Brady will only pick it up and keep throwing better.

Choose 3:

Steve Smith (Car) @ TB
Boldin @ Sea
Desean Jackson @Oak
Ochocinco vs Houston
Houshmanzadeh vs Ari

Pick 2:
Brandon Jacobs @NO
DeAngelo Williams @TB
Cedric Benson vs Houston

Also, Gerard or Flacco?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by simpliSD

Choose 3:

Steve Smith (Car) @ TB
Boldin @ Sea
Desean Jackson @Oak
Ochocinco vs Houston
Houshmanzadeh vs Ari

Pick 2:
Brandon Jacobs @NO
DeAngelo Williams @TB
Cedric Benson vs Houston

Also, Gerard or Flacco?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by SCuse7

My team

Rodgers
Lynch
Bradshaw
Morris
Deangelo Williams
Wayne
Sims-Walker
Rice

Only start 2 rbs so I always have guys sitting

Would you guys do Lynch, Bradshaw, Sims-Walker for Kevin Smith and Wes Welker?

I like Welker the rest of the year over Sims-Walker. I think Brady will only pick it up and keep throwing better.
A part of me says do that trade because I believe, like you, that Welker will pick it up as Brady gets more comfortable. He's never been a TDmachine though...so hopefully you have a YD heavy league. I like Smith as well...

The other part of me says don't do it because the Jaguars will be playing from behind A LOT therefore they're going to have to put the ball in the aira lot. I don't think Sims-Walker's numbers will slow down but I can why someone might think that. Lynch is still a question mark to me.

It's up to you I guess. Kind of a toss-up.
Originally Posted by simpliSD

Choose 3:

Steve Smith (Car) @ TB
Boldin @ Sea
Desean Jackson @Oak
Ochocinco vs Houston
Houshmanzadeh vs Ari

Pick 2:
Brandon Jacobs @NO
DeAngelo Williams @TB
Cedric Benson vs Houston

Also, Garrard or Flacco?

Santonio @ Cle
Mac9 @ Oak
Megatron @ GB
Ochocinco @ Hou

Which 3 should I start. I'm almost positive im gonna go with Mac9 in one of the slots cause they play the $@%%@%! Raiders, but idk who I should sit outtathe remaining 3

It's Depressing that in both my leagues... D Williams was my first pick... and he's the 2nd lowest scorer in both my leagues

In one league my team is looking liek this.. do I start D Will?

Andre Johnson, Steve Smith X 2 (Both Steve Smiths's), Cedric Benson, Wes Welker, Moreno, Thomas Jones, and D Will

Pick 2 WR's 2 HB's and a Flex

Other league

Andre Johnson, MSW, Hightower, Kevin Smith, Maclin, and McGahee, and Dwill as well

Once again 2 WR, 2 HB, and a Flex...

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

In one league my team is looking liek this.. do I start D Will?

Andre Johnson, Steve Smith NYG, Cedric Benson, Wes Welker, Moreno, Thomas Jones, and Will

Pick 2 WR's 2 HB's and a Flex

Other league

Andre Johnson, MSW, Hightower, Kevin Smith, Maclin, and McGahee, and Dwill as well

Once again 2 WR, 2 HB, and a Flex...
Gotta start him dude

I feel you though, he has #%@!%+% sucked. And just has pissed me off.

Originally Posted by Frank 7he T4nk

2gwi7hf.jpg

Yes, I know, my RB's suck real bad.
laugh.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif

My fantasy strategy has always been to get a core of very solid WRs. I'm talkin' two WR1s and a WR2. Your team fits that bill if not exceeds it. As foryour RBs, all you have to do is study the match ups and make a decision based on which RB will have the better opportunity to put up points all thingsconsidered.

Turner and Bradshaw is a fine RB1/RB2 combo and you have decent depth on the bench with Donald Brown. Willie's stock has definitely taken a hit with theinjury and also Mendenhalls performance over the past two weeks, but for your flex spot just play either Donald, Kellen, or Berrian based on match up. But allin all I think your team is very solid.

Hell, I'm at 5-0 in my main league right now with a stable of
sick.gif
running backs:Marshawn Lynch, Fred Jackson, Rashard Mendenhall, Donald Brown, Cadillac Williams, and Tashard Choice. I don't really have a back in the top 10, but mostfall within the 15-30.

Originally Posted by jville819

Santonio @ Cle
Mac9 @ Oak
Megatron @ GB
Ochocinco @ Hou

Which 3 should I start. I'm almost positive im gonna go with Mac9 in one of the slots cause they play the $@%%@%! Raiders, but idk who I should sit outta the remaining 3
I would personally start Ocho, Calvin, and Santonio. But if you're set on starting Maclin, I would bench Santonio. Pittsburgh is playing theBrowns, so they will more than likely be up which should mean that they will try and run the ball (although this wasn't exactly the case last week).

Advice...

I give:

One of the Steve Smith's (Got both)

I get:

Ahmad Bradshaw or Knowshon Moreno

I'm hurtin' at Running back w/ only Ray Rice, Fred Jackson, and Jerome Harrison (
indifferent.gif
Bout to go after Jamal Lewis) There's nobody on the wire...

WR is my strong point...already have both Steve Smith's, Boldin, Antonio Bryant, and Kenny Britt.

Can I do better?

In week 3 I was pissed cause I thought D Will did great when he got a carry... but barely touched the ball

This week he really played like a chump...
indifferent.gif

I was so high on him when I did my drafts

would you guys do this trade?

he's offering:

willis mcgahee
greg jennings
heath miller

for:

steve smith (nyg)
kyle orton

its an 8 player league and my running backs are pretty solid. i have ronnie brown, MJD, and steve slaton. (i usually play a running back at one of my flexpositions) my 2 quarterbacks are donovan mcnabb and eli manning. (we play with 2 starting qb's)
my WR's are steve smith (nyg), steve smith (car), mario manningham, donald driver, roy williams, terrel owens. my TE is dallas clark.

do i really need to do this? the biggest chip would be getting mcgahee but he hasnt been producing (neither has jennings).
i fear that i will lose a lot of WR production, because smith was my main point getter at that position.

what would you guys do?

^Reject that one. Smith and Orton are both consistent when it comes to contributing points in the double digits. You need Smith to balance out the onagain off again play of all your other receivers. Plus, with the play of McNabb and Manning overshadowed by the chance of injury, it's best to play itsafe and keep Orton around. Though the idea of obtaining Miller osunds promising, you should stick with Clark because the IND schedule is getting easier andhe will have his chance to shine.

My questions:

Is it time to give up on LT now or wait until after the KC and OAK games? Keep in mind that the SD schedule is getting tougher by Week 9.

Is it a good idea to drop him and replace him with Ricky Williams? I would consider a trade but I like everyone else on my team.

Alright guys. Do I trade dwayne bowe for:

1) benson
2) Westbrook
3) lynch ( I already have fed Jackson)
4) moreno

I can choose any of them.

My other wrs are Marshall, colston, driver.

My other rb are turner, Jacobs, portis, rice

Back
Top Bottom