Official: 2009 Fantasy Football Thread (Week 6)

I NEED UGENT HELP

i need to decide today on which of these trades i should make:

i give chris cooley and jonathen stewart for steve slaton

or

i give chris cooley and donald brown for kevin smith

or

i give chris cooley and donald brown for mendenhall

my RBs are: MJD, westbrook, donald brown and jonathen stewart (i'll pick up jamaal charles after i make whatever trade)

so it boils down to which guy would you rather have for the rest of the season? (and to a lesser extent who is more expendable brown or stewart)

i would say give up stewart......colts will start sitting thier starters more toward the end so brown should get some burn....carolina isnt going anywhereso deangelo will keep on getting the same workload......i would get kevin smith cause hes the number one back there....from what ive been reading willie willstill get his carries when he comes back

Originally Posted by outkast9984

i would say give up stewart......colts will start sitting thier starters more toward the end so brown should get some burn....carolina isnt going anywhere so deangelo will keep on getting the same workload......i would get kevin smith cause hes the number one back there....from what ive been reading willie will still get his carries when he comes back
i went with slaton (gave up stewart, since he does have that achilles injury).. i figure he has two new guards playing (which might explain why hehasn't done well, plus going up against good run defences).. plus when i checked out smith's end of year schedule (playoff time).. this dude plays thenumber 4,1 & 8 ranked defences weeks 14-16

Double post.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

Pick 2 RB:

Turner vs Bears
Jacobs vs Saints
Rice vs Vikings
Portis vs Chiefs

Pick 2 WR:

Marshall vs Chargers
Colston vs Giants

Driver vs Lions
Bowe vs Skins

Pick 1 slot please.

Drew Brees v. NYG
or
Donavan McNabb @ OAK

Donavan coming off his big return or Brees coming off a bye week preceded by two TD-less weeks against (arguably) the NFL's best team.
I'm leaning towards Donavan, especially going against Oakland, but I'm very hesitant to go against Brees.

Originally Posted by houser34

Pick 2 RB:

Turner vs Bears
Jacobs vs Saints
Rice vs Vikings
Portis vs Chiefs

Pick 2 WR:

Marshall vs Chargers
Colston vs Giants

Driver vs Lions
Bowe vs Skins

Pick 1 slot please.

Drew Brees v. NYG
or
Donavan McNabb @ OAK

Donavan coming off his big return or Brees coming off a bye week preceded by two TD-less weeks against (arguably) the NFL's best team.
I'm leaning towards Donavan, especially going against Oakland, but I'm very hesitant to go against Brees.
No brainer, homie. DNab vs. Oak.

Originally Posted by MrBen23

Originally Posted by houser34

Pick 2 RB:

Turner vs Bears
Jacobs vs Saints
Rice vs Vikings
Portis vs Chiefs

Pick 2 WR:

Marshall vs Chargers
Colston vs Giants

Driver vs Lions
Bowe vs Skins

Pick 1 slot please.

Drew Brees v. NYG
or
Donavan McNabb @ OAK

No brainer, homie. DNab vs. Oak.

i don't know about that.. the eagles might be able to close oakland out early, thus mcnabb wouldn't play that much.. plus oakland does have a goodsecondary

brees could be in for dog fight with the giants.. so you know he'll be playing (same reason i'm starting matt ryan over mcnabb this week)

Originally Posted by AirFreshAzn

Okay so should I do this:
Im giving Fitzgerald for Brandon Marshall dna Leon Washington.

OR

Im giving Frank Gore and Fitzgerald for Brandon Marshall, Brian Wrestbrook, and Percy Harvin.
Keeeeep Fitz and Gore. In other words, turn down both trades. You're right, Brandon Marshall is a beast, but Fitz is still the #1 target foran accurate QB who is on a throw happy team. Also, Gore is the center of 49ers offense. That means he is the #1 option no matter who they are playing. Coachsays run, run, run and Gore is the one to do that. Especially if Coffee won't be 100% after the bye week, he'll get even more carries (reports say Goreis near 100% and should return after the bye).
I have Westbrook on my team, but he is injury prone and people are thinking he will split a bulk of carries with McCoy. Also, the pass game is finallylegitimate, so don't expect the Eagle's to use Westbrook as much as they used to.

matt hasselback against arizona
joe flacco against minnesota
eli manning against new orleons

i have no idea who to go with

^^^Hasselback!!!!!! both MINN and NO have good defs....you might get a solid performance out of manning but its not worth the risk....ARZ pass def sucks, gowith Hasselback!!!!

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

I NEED UGENT HELP

or

or

my RBs are: MJD, westbrook, donald brown and jonathen stewart (i'll pick up jamaal charles after i make whatever trade)

so it boils down to which guy would you rather have for the rest of the season? (and to a lesser extent who is more expendable brown or stewart)

Pick 2 RB:

Turner vs Bears
Jacobs vs Saints
Rice vs Vikings
Portis vs Chiefs

Pick 2 WR:

Marshall vs Chargers
Colston vs Giants
Driver vs Lions
Bowe vs Skins

Pick 1 slot please.

Originally Posted by parada45

Pick 2

Boldin @ Seattle
Mendenhall @ Cle
Burleson vs Zona
Lynch @ NJJ

Choose 1 Flex:
Bernard Berrian vs. Ravens
Fred Jackson @ NY Jets
Carnell Williams vs. Carolina
Brent Celek @ Oakland
Eddire Royal @ SD

Originally Posted by DublBagn

There is a lot of asking going on here and no telling....

To everyone wondering if you should start Fitz, START HIM!!!!! no matter the match up, his upside is to strong....and this week should be a high scoring game for both parties...

Now on to my question I need to start 2 receivers
Boldin @SEA (I think its going to be a high scoring game)
Sims-Walker vs STL (Good opportunities in the 1st half, but once jacksonville goes up 21 they will start running...and STL is soooooooo bad!!)
Driver vs DET (out scoring jennings and with detroit having an OK offense and a horrible secondary, Driver and Jennings could have decent games)
Edwards vs BUF (Cotchery is hurt, he is the #1 target!!! But he had a big game last week, and is known for noting stringing many good games together)

also I have to choose between Warner and Flacco
Warner @ SEA (I think this is going to be a high scoring game, I dont know why!!!)
Flacco @ MIN (even though MIN def is great, I figure the game will be a 35-28 contest, which means a possibility of a lot of TD's through the air)
any input????? I have decided on starting Warner and I have taken Edwards off my list....

so its down to driver, boldin and Sims-Walker.....any advice???

Who thinks I made my team better just made some trades

OLD TEAM
Flacco
Rodgers
Lynch
Deangelo
Bradshaw
Sims-Walker
Maclin
Wayne
Celek

New Team
Rodgers
Bradshaw
Jacobs
Deangelo
Braylon
Wayne
Shiancoe

Like Jacobs and I got Braylon for flacco on my bench. Then Jacobs for Sims-Walker and Lynch.

pick a 1 WR

desean jackson vs. oakland (nmandi might be covering him so that may free up maclin and celek)

tory holt vs rams

donny avery vs. jags

pick 1 WR

Mario Manningham vs New Orleans

Antonio Bryant vs Carolina

pick 1 TE

Jermichael Finley vs Detroit

Zach Miller vs Philadelphia

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

I NEED UGENT HELP

or

or

Pick 2 RB:

Turner vs Bears
Jacobs vs Saints
Rice vs Vikings
Portis vs Chiefs

Pick 2 WR:

Marshall vs Chargers
Colston vs Giants
Driver vs Lions
Bowe vs Skins

Pick 1 slot please.

Originally Posted by parada45

Pick 2

Boldin @ Seattle
Mendenhall @ Cle
Burleson vs Zona
Lynch @ NJJ

Choose 1 Flex:
Bernard Berrian vs. Ravens
Fred Jackson @ NY Jets
Carnell Williams vs. Carolina
Brent Celek @ Oakland
Eddire Royal @ SD
Y'all are stingy. Help me out.

Even if you don't I'll probably still get it right.
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
nerd.gif
smokin.gif
sick.gif
smh.gif
glasses.gif
devil.gif
grin.gif
indifferent.gif
alien.gif
tongue.gif
tired.gif
roll.gif

EDIT- I'm hammered right now, but I give good advice so hook it up and if your make avys send me a PM.

Back
Top Bottom