Official 2009 NBA Summer League Thread...

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

Waiting for 7/19, Spurs vs. Grizz
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Blair vs. Thabeet
nerd.gif

Where in the hell was the James Harden from workouts? Even the one from the NCAA tourney would have been better the the lackluster guy they got tonight. ForOKC to have already played a good amount of games, they really didn't come to play against the Grizz who played their first game. They should've had alittle more chemistry out there with the experience they already had from the Orlando SL.

Originally Posted by blaxoid

Marcus Williams with 17 assists
laugh.gif
There must be a typo in the boxscore, I was listening to the broadcast, didn't sound like he was getting them going like that.
sick.gif

Anybody notice Aaron Miles' stat line?

21 Minutes, 1 Point, 0-3 FG, 1-2 FT, 2 REB, 1 AST, 2 STL, 7 TO, 8 PF

Can't believe so much time has passed since his days at Kansas.

I've liked what I've seen from Ibaka in the summer league games.

Definitely an upgrade from Sene or Petro...

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by blaxoid

Marcus Williams with 17 assists
laugh.gif
There must be a typo in the boxscore, I was listening to the broadcast, didn't sound like he was getting them going like that.
sick.gif
No typo. 17 assists with 1 turnover.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

I haven't been able to catch any of the games, how's evans doing?
He's doing well in my opinion. Last game he had 25 10 and 5. AND he hit a game tying shot as well.

He's getting to the hole at will basically, has pretty good vision, but needs to work on shooting and passing.

An interesting thing I saw in the MEM-OKC game is that the draftees actually showed what they were going to bring to the team. Toughness and defense. Ididn't know OKC only shot 37% from the field and Memphis outrebounded them by 11. Memphis also had 12 steals and 4 blocks.

Thabeet's dunking looked serious. Uconn didn't utilize that as much last season because they didn't have a PG that could easily give him the ballwhere he could turn around and dunk it.

I kind of like the idea of Zach drawing double teams leaving Thabeet open for easy looks at the rim. The problem I have is Randolph not throwing the ball outof double teams and Thabeet being pushed out of the lane by SF's. I hope that doesn't happen but it would be foolish to deny that potential.

bhzmafia14 wrote:
Thabeet's dunking looked serious. Uconn didn't utilize that as much last season because they didn't have a PG that could easily give him the ball where he could turn around and dunk it.

Ummm no. More like Thabeet has butterfingers.

Originally Posted by JamesOnNT

bhzmafia14 wrote:
Thabeet's dunking looked serious. Uconn didn't utilize that as much last season because they didn't have a PG that could easily give him the ball where he could turn around and dunk it.
Ummm no. More like Thabeet has butterfingers.

Well either he improved that somewhat after he left UConn, the PG just couldn't give him the ball easy enough to where he could just hold it up and dunk itwith ease or he just had some lucky catches. Marcus Williams didn't have a hard time giving him the ball down low and showed good hands.

IMO the thing that stood out the most with Thabeet was that he is in #^*$@^ poor condition. When he had to go from offense to defense and back to offensequickly, he was toast. The three second violation he got was purely due to be gassed. However, unlike Haddadi, Thabeet can function defending the pick androll. He has way above average lateral quickness for a center, he just needs game action to increase his instincts. I think Thabeet will show great improvementfrom now through next training camp.

that is the first time i ever saw a team only hit 1 3pter and still the win a game (D League Select or w.e)

Luke Jackson is terrible,
laugh.gif
sick.gif

Taylor Griffin is a ******, dude was lining up at the stripe on the Suns FT's, dude was the fourth man on his side of the lane..
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom