Official 2009 NCAA Tournament Thread. The Very Best Have Gathered Upon One Stage.

Originally Posted by RocDaMike11

Originally Posted by MDterps4

Anybody got the goods on Cal? I honestly haven't seen them play all year so I have no clue what the Terps are getting into. I looked at their results this season, and Washington and Utah were their best wins. Judging solely on who they've beat/lost, I think we got this.
pimp.gif
Maryland better get out and defend the 3 pt. line. Cal leads the nation in 3 point FG %.

And as Allen said, Randle and Pat Christopher can play.
nerd.gif

Now I'm scared. If Gary has us in that stupid 3-2 match up zone for a majority of the game we will get lit up. I couldn't believe how many openthrees NC State, Wake, and Duke had against that zone. I guess you gotta do what you gotta do when you've got no size.
grin.gif

Can anyone drop some knowledge on washington or purdue. That matchup has me stuck right now. And I actually have arizona over utah and wake. I say they beatwake because they play a lot of zone and wake has no shooters outside of teague.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by YngSeanCombs12

Utah St. > Marquette
Gonzaga > UNC
Siena > OSU
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

How in the world does the sorry Big Ten get 7 teams in? That conference sucks...

UNC beat Michigan State 98-63 earlier this year...
Laugh all you want. It's going to happen.

roll.gif
laugh.gif

YngSeanCombs12 wrote:

How in the world does the sorry Big Ten get 7 teams in? That conference sucks...

How about doing some research before you make statements as foolish as that one..

Anybody got the goods on Cal? I honestly haven't seen them play all year so I have no clue what the Terps are getting into. I looked at their results this season, and Washington and Utah were their best wins. Judging solely on who they've beat/lost, I think we got this.
pimp.gif
Maryland better get out and defend the 3 pt. line. Cal leads the nation in 3 point FG %.

nerd.gif

Now I'm scared. If Gary has us in that stupid 3-2 match up zone for a majority of the game we will get lit up. I couldn't believe how many open threes NC State, Wake, and Duke had against that zone. I guess you gotta do what you gotta do when you've got no size.
grin.gif

It goes much further than "Pat and Randle can play" to me. I don't care if Greivis is long, he's not going to be able to keep in front ofRandle. Jerome is a baller. Pat Christopher AND Theo Robertson, on the other hand, can both be stopped. Good man D will contain either of them, especiallyRobertson (which, for someone of his physical attributes, is surprising). Pat will get some numbers but he won't really take over if you face guard him. If you are worried about open threes agains the matchup zone, you'd probably be most worried about Theo - his spot up 3 is absolute money (though, everyonehas off days), probably the best on the team when he just gets open looks. I dunno though, i feel like the matchup zone would be pretty good against them, asneither Pat or Theo use their size to their advantage that well, so switching between the zone won't cause too many problems. However, I'm not totallysure about what you guys' weakness in the zone is, maybe it just has too mayn holes. If that's the case, you guys are screwed.

No, i'm not a cal fan.

pimp.gif

nerd.gif

Now I'm scared. If Gary has us in that stupid 3-2 match up zone for a majority of the game we will get lit up. I couldn't believe how many open threes NC State, Wake, and Duke had against that zone. I guess you gotta do what you gotta do when you've got no size.
grin.gif
went to every home game this year. they jack up 3s, randle has no qualms about the nba distance, inside presence is so-so, defense is bleh attimes, hopefully christopher or jorge can slow down that mexican(?) guard they have. whoever comes out of that matchup will probably be steamrolled by memphis

some thoughts on the other pac 10 teams
zona - i have utah over them, but the wildcats can win that game, they can't beat wake though
sc - beats bc, downed by msu
ucla - again maynor against a team i hate, i think la will make the elite 8 though
arizona state - can make the sweet 16 over syracuse i think

I hate this BYU matchup for A&M first round.

2864238.jpeg

This looks like some sort of reaction to a Maury Povich paternity test. Sloan found out he was the father, and BJ celebrated...

Yo

How the *#%% do these #*%!$*% have Boise as an east site *insert gillie gif*

Boise, Idaho
indifferent.gif
. Boise mutha *%*!%+$ Idaho, how is that remotely east
indifferent.gif

is it anything east of Cali

so who else has the longhorns over the dookies based off pure hate....3 years in a row no sweet 16?...i can only dream
laugh.gif

but seriously i think they have a legit shot

Originally Posted by zzz1035

Can anyone drop some knowledge on washington or purdue. That matchup has me stuck right now.
Washington's a deep team with 9 players averaging at least 10 minutes a game. Very good guard play with Justin Dentmon, Isaiah Thomas, andVenoy Overton though they are all undersized. All three of them though can penetrate and get to the foul line well. Quincy Pondexter's a longer moreathletic wing who has really come into his own down the stretch of conference play. Very talented but can disappear at times. Jon Brockman is the mainpresence inside. Senior, finalist for the Wooden Award and averages a double double. Among the best rebounders in the country but is not that tall for a postplayer.

Does anybody else have almost all favorites this year? Im finding it hard to pick any upsets for the first two-three rounds...

Is this just me?

Originally Posted by throwmonkey

Originally Posted by zzz1035

Can anyone drop some knowledge on washington or purdue. That matchup has me stuck right now.
Washington's a deep team with 9 players averaging at least 10 minutes a game. Very good guard play with Justin Dentmon, Isaiah Thomas, and Venoy Overton though they are all undersized. All three of them though can penetrate and get to the foul line well. Quincy Pondexter's a longer more athletic wing who has really come into his own down the stretch of conference play. Very talented but can disappear at times. Jon Brockman is the main presence inside. Senior, finalist for the Wooden Award and averages a double double. Among the best rebounders in the country but is not that tall for a post player.

Basically UW's going all the way.
Hopefully UConn and Memphis can get upset first round
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

anyone trying out for the 1 million dollars bracket contest ? I have Louisville winning it all

Can some1 please help me with my bracket? I am a super noob at ncaa basketball. I'm really not sure who to put into my bracket and it would be great ifsome1 who is really knowledgeable about this stuff could let me copy their bracket.

Originally Posted by Gameover2

Originally Posted by YngSeanCombs12

Utah St. > Marquette
Gonzaga > UNC
Siena > OSU
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

UNC beat Michigan State 98-63 earlier this year...
Laugh all you want. It's going to happen.

roll.gif
laugh.gif
Keep laughing.

I'm seeing all 8/9 match-ups as upsets...and all 2/3 match-ups as upsets instead of Oklahoma. Duke is going to have trouble with big boy from Texas butthey'll win that in a squeaker...only to lose next round...as usual.

Memphis is terribly overrated this year.
laugh.gif

I won the NT tournament last year. I have spoken.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

Does anybody else have almost all favorites this year? Im finding it hard to pick any upsets for the first two-three rounds...

Is this just me?
i'm thinking of picking north dakota st over kansas & i have purdue in the elite 8.

Originally Posted by D723

Originally Posted by archnoobie

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

they were the top overall seed in last years tourney and a #2 this year. that's not exactly under the radar.
laugh.gif
You know what I mean or maybe you dont. We get overlooked as a potential threat to win it all. Its almost like, "Yeah they got a high seed, but they're not really good enough to win it all." It's really quite interesting. Either way. I'll take it.
Memphis has been getting the shaft from *#++%@$ basketball analysts for the past 3-4 years going into the tournament. I know we don't have a ton of quality wins since Reke's been playing the 1, but I feel our defense alone can take us very deep.

and what do the analysts say? they've always said 'this is a talented squad but they cant win it all' and memphis's ZERO national championshipshows they've been correct.

dont know why some of y'all act like you won the whole damn thing and people are denying props. the analysts have been exactly on point about this program.

last season was the best memphis team ever and they still couldnt get it done.

might have been different if they hadnt run up on the Mighty Jayhawks.
laugh.gif

28jdyx5.jpg

Originally Posted by D723

Originally Posted by archnoobie

they were the top overall seed in last years tourney and a #2 this year. that's not exactly under the radar.
laugh.gif
You know what I mean or maybe you dont. We get overlooked as a potential threat to win it all. Its almost like, "Yeah they got a high seed, but they're not really good enough to win it all." It's really quite interesting. Either way. I'll take it.
Memphis has been getting the shaft from *#++%@$ basketball analysts for the past 3-4 years going into the tournament. I know we don't have a ton of quality wins since Reke's been playing the 1, but I feel our defense alone can take us very deep.

and what do the analysts say? they've always said 'this is a talented squad but they cant win it all' and memphis's ZERO national championship shows they've been correct.

dont know why some of y'all act like you won the whole damn thing and people are denying props. the analysts have been exactly on point about this program.

last season was the best memphis team ever and they still couldnt get it done.

might have been different if they hadnt run up on the Mighty Jayhawks.
laugh.gif

Oh and you think that Memphis' past is what determines our future? This is a totally rebuilt program from the Metro Conference teams of the 80's andGreat Midwest Teams of the 90's.

And &*@# anaylsts....every year they predict UCLA to have some magical tournament run like the presence of John Wooden still being alive will guide them toanother championship.....its hilarious really.

Back
Top Bottom