OFFICIAL 2009 NFL PRESEASON & TRAINING CAMP THREAD

AZ is a thrash organization, seriously they won't pay anybody. For them not to pay Q the money he's asking is crazy. That dude is a top 7 wr and is theheart of that offense. They will never be a main stream team in the NFL, as long as Ron Graves and the people in the front office are making decesions.

Rant/

went to pats camp today.

- mike shanahan was at pats camp...talking to belichick for a good hour. he then was right on the field with the offense watching them run plays from thebackfield. new OC? or just a friendly visit with bill...either way, kind of interesting
- laurence maroney looked real good out there. quick, elusive, and even stronger in the blocking game. he muffed a kickoff tho
laugh.gif

- randy was randy
- pat chung looked alright. didn't see much as he was on the far field a lot, but he's definitely working harder than anyone. he's always out frontduring the sprints. he's doing pushups between drills and reps.
- brady seemed to be fine, even hurdled a water cooler on his way between practice fields (knock on wood)
- wes welker looked like fine out there
- mayo steamrolled sammy morris once which drew a lot of attention from the crowd
- brian hoyer took the majority of the non-brady snaps during the last 30 minutes for situational 11 on 11

i'll have pics soon, my friend needs to send em over

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

went to pats camp today.

- mike shanahan was at pats camp...talking to belichick for a good hour. he then was right on the field with the offense watching them run plays from the backfield. new OC? or just a friendly visit with bill...either way, kind of interesting
- laurence maroney looked real good out there. quick, elusive, and even stronger in the blocking game. he muffed a kickoff tho
laugh.gif

- randy was randy
- pat chung looked alright. didn't see much as he was on the far field a lot, but he's definitely working harder than anyone. he's always out front during the sprints. he's doing pushups between drills and reps.
- brady seemed to be fine, even hurdled a water cooler on his way between practice fields (knock on wood)
- wes welker looked like fine out there
- mayo steamrolled sammy morris once which drew a lot of attention from the crowd
- brian hoyer took the majority of the non-brady snaps during the last 30 minutes for situational 11 on 11

i'll have pics soon, my friend needs to send em over

Just wait.

He'll take one good lick, %*!* in his diaper, and be MIA the final 15 weeks.

Sean Smith and Pat Turner have been studs so far in TC, OTA's and mini-camp! I was down on theTurner pick but he's killing it out there
pimp.gif

The tone of Roddy White's negotiations with the Falcons has taken a turn for the worse.
"I'm a little bit disappointed with the direction that the negotiations are going at this point," Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff said Wednesday. "It's one of those situations where both parties are digging in and feel strongly about their case."

There were discussions Tuesday that went well into the evening.

White, who is under contract for the 2009 season, wants a contract in the financial neighborhood of Arizona's Larry Fitzgerald, who recently signed a four-year $40 million deal. The Falcons apparently are not willing to go that high.

Before Tuesday's talks, Dimitroff thought things were going well and was hopeful that White would be in camp soon. Now, the Falcons are considering withdrawing their offer and asking White to play for the $2.28 million he's set to receive for the 2009 season.

We're about to line up with Michael Jenkins and Brian Finneran out there...

sick.gif

Marty B...
pimp.gif
With second-year tight end Martellus Bennett emerging as a strong option in the passing game, it's becoming increasingly evident the Dallas Cowboys' primary offensive personnel grouping this season will likely be a two-tight end set.

"We ran a lot of two-tight end sets last year," quarterback Tony Romo said. "I just think we're trying to do different things out of it. We trust some of the individuals more."

In their playbook, the Cowboys call the grouping "12 personnel" because the formation calls for one running back and two tight ends.

While the back varies, the tight ends will almost always be Bennett and Pro Bowl player Jason Witten, a formidable duo with the potential to combine for more than 100 receptions this season.

"It's harder (for the defense) to match up when it's two good tight ends, and that's what we have," Dallas coach Wade Phillips said. "We have one certainly outstanding one in Witten. Maybe the top one in the league in Witten, and Martellus shows up every day. Every day, you see him make a play."

Said Romo: "Martellus has really turned it up a notch this offseason, and he's going to put himself in the position to have a pretty good season."

Facing an offense with two pass-catching tight ends is a challenge for defenses because one must be covered by a linebacker.

"We're going to try to take advantage of that," Phillips said.

The running game also should benefit because Witten is an outstanding blocker, and Bennett is no slouch himself.

"Any time you can get two tight ends in the game, it's very difficult on a defensive coordinator, personnel-wise, to decide what he's going to play," Romo said. "A lot of the time when you have three receivers and a tight end, it's more of a pass-type formation. But with two tight ends, you can run the ball every bit as well as you can with a fullback in the game sometimes, because they have to be conscious of their play-calling defensively. Offensively, you can do a lot of stuff out of it."

That's where the new wrinkles come in.

Running backs Marion Barber, Felix Jones and Tashard Choice are all versatile, especially Jones, whose speed and moves present major matchup problems for linebackers and safeties. In other words, Jones can be moved to the slot, creating an empty backfield, or Bennett could also line up out wide or in the slot, presenting a matchup headache for smaller safeties or slower linebackers.

"The combination of (Witten and Bennett) allows us to do a lot more things schematically, and we're going to try to push the envelope," Romo said.

Dallas has also come up with some other new offensive twists, including a package where Jones starts in the slot before motioning to the backfield behind Barber and Choice. It's an example of how the Cowboys plan to move Jones and Bennett all over the field this season in search of mismatches.

"The coaching staff has done a good job of coming up with some great ideas this offseason that excite me," Romo said.

Of course, none of it matters unless the execution is sound.

"It still comes down to, well, you're in a one-on-one situation, is that guy going to block that (defender) the right way? Or does he miss him and now (the defender) is able to get the legs of the running back," Romo said.

One thing is certain: The emergence of Bennett is the key. After catching only 20 passes as a rookie, he's expected to at least double that amount this season.

"When you're young, it's hard to get out there (on the field)," Romo said. "Anything out of the ordinary, sometimes it makes you play a little bit slower. As you get older and start to gain the trust factor of everybody, it allows you to expand what a player does."
He's gonna have a big year.

I still don't understand why they got away from this, but the Cowboys have gone back to matching their safeties up against receivers in one-on-one drillsand 7-on-7s this year... Apparently they're VERY comfortable with Sensabaugh out there when they need a safety manned on a receiver... Reports on thesecondary from camp have been great...

Roy Williams is supposedly coming into his own too... And if one thing is clear, is that Felix Jones catch the ball out of the backfield in stride, he'sgonna be SHREDDING defenses...

[h1]Rookie Mitchell enjoys hitting[/h1]

Rookie safety Mike Mitchell made it official Tuesday with a violent pad popper on running back Gary Russell, who saw the hit coming and could do nothing but be glad all-out tackling isn't allowed in practice.

"He had nowhere to go; I had nowhere to go. That's what you dream of," Mitchell said. "He's going to be on his back and I'm going to be up yelling. That's how it usually ends."

It's just getting started for Mitchell, a big hitter with little name recognition before the Raiders made him a second-round draft pick in April.

He has been waiting ever since then to smack a ball carrier. After a slow start to padded workouts Monday, Mitchell got his first clear shot when Russell caught a screen pass on the right side.

Just as impressive, Mitchell excelled in pass coverage with two deflections at strong safety.

On one, he popped tight end Brandon Myers just as the ball arrived over the middle. On another play, Mitchell charged the line to play the run before dropping into coverage when tight end Zach Miller took off downfield.

For a player who missed all but one week of offseason workouts, Mitchell appears to have done his homework.

"He's making up for it and doing fine," coach Tom Cable said.

The hard part is not laying out any of his teammates. Mitchell knows they're on his side, but it's so tempting.

Save it for Aug. 13, when the Cowboys come to town for the preseason opener, Cable said.

"I'm still a little scared, because Coach always says don't take any shots on anybody," Mitchell said. "But I'm going to have to try to get loose out here because it's no fun when you can't play like yourself.

"I just wanted to get in there and get a little thud going."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/08/04/SP8A193QM0.DTL

Originally Posted by DLo13

Harry Douglas go left.

Harry Douglas' knee go right.

frown.gif
Harry got hurt?

And I hear my man Geno Hayes is in a battle for the OLB spot.
pimp.gif

He is at a whopping 226 lbs

Back
Top Bottom