|||--- OFFICIAL 2009 NHL OFF-SEASON THREAD.....BOSTON BRUINS TRADE PHIL KESSEL TO TORONTO ---|||

Dany Heatley added the Rangers to his list of teams he would like to go to...
smile.gif

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Dany Heatley added the Rangers to his list of teams he would like to go to...
smile.gif
smh.gif

if we cant sign kessel...we have to at least try and get this dude

both Tarvares and Hedman are future franchise players
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
this draft is gonna be sick
pimp.gif
i wanted the flyers to take glennie (sp?) or moore but that's out of thequestion
frown.gif

as for jbo, homer has a huge boner for him and i'm afraid of a massive over payment
smh.gif

flyers vs boston at fenway
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

edit: wrong name
eyes.gif

Uhh ohhh.........reports here are that the Leafs got a very nice offer for Kaberle
ohwell.gif

Reports from an underground source are coming out tonight in New York that the New York Rangers have acquired Dany Heatley.

Rangers reportedly have dealt Rozival, Zherdev, Defensive prospect Cory Potter, a 1st and 5th Round pick in exchange for Dany Heatley.

Trade discussions are heating up in Montreal.

The Florida Panthers are closing in on dealing star defenceman Jay Bouwmeester's negotiating rights.

Five teams remain in the mix with the asking price just to talk to Bouwmeester, according to source, believed to be a third round draft pick.

Meanwhile, the San Jose Sharks are in discussions with a couple of teams, with Sharks forward Ryane Clowe the centre of trade talks.

The Toronto Maple Leafs have shown interest, but aren't willing to part with their first round pick to close the deal, while the Philadelphia Flyers have also shown interest. However, San Jose is believed to have asked for either Claude Giroux, or Scott Hartnell...a price the Flyers aren't willing to pay.

cquan05 wrote:
with a couple of teams, with Sharks forward Ryane Clowe the centre of trade talks.

The Toronto Maple Leafs have shown interest, but aren't willing to part with their first round pick to close the deal, while the Philadelphia Flyers have also shown interest. However, San Jose is believed to have asked for either Claude Giroux, or Scott Hartnell...a price the Flyers aren't willing to pay.

roll.gif

roll.gif

There are strong indications that the Panthers will complete a deal during Friday's first-round of the NHL Entry Draft.
The Sun-Sentinel claims one of the teams very interested in Bouwmeester is the Montreal Canadiens, where former Panthers GM Jacques Martin has taken over as the Habs new head coach.

Widespread reports have linked the Tampa Bay Lightning to the Leafs, in which the Bolts would trade the second-overall pick and forward Ryan Malone to Toronto in exchange for Kaberle, the seventh-overall pick and a first- or second-round pick in the 2010 draft.

edit nvm
laugh.gif

hoping flyers could draft one of these
happy.gif

Rundblad (sp?)
Olsen
Erixon
Moore
Leblanc
\

but they'll prolly trade down
ohwell.gif

Islanders are gonna take Tavares, enough with this B.S. speculation by the Canadian media.

It'll be interesting to see if Lecalvier gets traded...I think with him, Marty St. Louis, Stamkos and Hedman, Tampa has a good enough group of guys to makea push for the playoffs in the near future.

I'm not a Leafs fan but Brian Burke's talk is making me cringe. He's said he wants to re-make the Leafs into a tough team that isnt afraid tofight. It seems like he'll bring in a bunch of boring, unskilled big guys who'll just try and run over their opponents and beat them into submission.This dude had the audacity to say "Look at the team I won with in Anaheim"...he practically inherited that team
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Unless he gets a great offer, I dont see why he'd want to trade Kaberle. Modest contract and he's the best defenceman on the team. Maybe its becauseKaberle isnt tough enough for Burke
smh.gif

Yeah even though Burke didn't exactly build Anaheim himself, I still view him as a good GM. He hasn't really proven himself to be labelled as one ofthe best GM's, but I've got a feeling he's going to do good things with the Leafs.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by cquan05

The Boston Bruins have offered restricted free agent forward Phil Kessel to Toronto in exchange for Leaf defenceman Tomas Kaberle and Toronto's No. 7 pick in the draft.

if we really are making no progress towards signing kessel, i def. dont mind this move

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

would you do that trade cquan?
To be honest I like that trade, but Burke REALLY wants a top 3 (or 5) pick, so he's trying to get another deal going to secure a pick. Kesselwas a 5th overall pick and has had a couple of years in the League now. Whoever we choose @ 7 overall will NOT be as good as Kessel. Win for the Leafs IMO.

If I was Burke I would do Kessel for Kaberle and swap first round picks.

Or

Try to package Kaberle with something else to get a top 5 pick.

TSN also reported another rumor involving Kaberle yesterday...

Leafs get: Ryan Malone and TB's #2 overall pick

TB get: Kaberle, #7 overall and a 2010 draft pick

I'd do this trade if I was Burke if the 2010 pick isn't a 1st rounder.

Flyers and Ducks are talking involving Pronger.

i'll #!*$ my pants if homer gets this done not involving Giroux and JVR
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

edit: Nieds is coming back
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom