Official 2009 World Baseball Classic vol. II

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

yeahh like, I wanna lock up tickets because I want to go to DS, but like you the uncertainty is what's making me hesitant
as it is the teams dont impress me this year as much as 06. so to lock up tickets to possibly see 2 teams i care 0 about....ehhhh
grin.gif

word...

if you can help me out dude i'd be greatly appreciative. I work @ BBy so maybe we can help each other out...

yanks play the usa team tomorrow i think. that'll be weird seeing jeter against the yanks.....

yeah, yanks play the usa team tmw.. its on YES channel at 1 pm..

cant sleep on the asian teams, they're pretty tough.

usa just might take it this year though ....

anyone got the projected starting lineups for the teams or have an opinion on who it will be?

i think cuba has a really good shot at winning this whole thing.

I still don't understand why these games aren't played AFTER the MLB Season is done. Isn't that the best possible time to play these games?

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I still don't understand why these games aren't played AFTER the MLB Season is done. Isn't that the best possible time to play these games?

No. Who wold care about it after the World Series. It's anti-climactic. This is better because it's a primer to the upcoming baseball season.

I mean its not bout caring though, because you have guys who are not even in spring training shape yet throwing 7-8 innings in these games, so much risk isinvolved (it would suck to see a top pitcher to blowout an elbow or something).

IMO its better to do it after the season when players are already in game shape and everything is out of the way, or extend the all-star break or something.

I don't know about all the schedule of other leagues out there, but it's very possible that it wouldn't be possible to do the WBC at any othertime. I know Japan's Major's basically goes in-line with the MLB, but I'm not sure of other leagues.

i read mlb's reasoning for not playing it after the season was they didn't want it competing wit college football or the nfl. they also feel that aftera long season people interest probably wouldn't be there.

i think this is the best way to do it. like someone else said it primes you for the upcoming season......

Originally Posted by onewearz

every game will be on mlb network as far as i know ......
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

im trying to look up the schedule but theres diff schedule online. some say its not on tv, some say espndeportes, and others say mlb network
i dont have mlb network
mad.gif
mad.gif

Adam Dunn and Joel Hanrahan are new additions to the USA team. i'd prefer Dunn to stay in Nats camp and get acclimated with the team, but it's nobiggie. it should be a good experience for Hanrahan, who is going to burst onto the scene this year as a lights out closer for the Nats.

Back
Top Bottom