[[ Official 2009 World Series Post: PHILLIES (2) @ YANKEES (3) Game 6 (11/04) ]]

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Originally Posted by Jerry Everyday

Is that the best the Yankees have to offer?

Lee pitched a gem tonight.

Go Phils
81335148ebb73135813542720e02cd1c15a3fde.jpg
Not even close.

You know how the game goes on NT in the playoffs.

1 game and people make blanket statements.

Originally Posted by CrAzYFLiPxNyC

Go Phils
Cmon son, Lee had a great game. PERIOD. Now you are just underestimating the best offensive team in the league.
Prove it.

OK, as I expected (I don't say that with a lot of pride, just being real), we lost Game 1 to Cliff Lee and our bullpen did not help at all. Now, we justhave to hit better against Pedro, Hamels, Happ, and Blanton. Thank God we don't see Cliff again until an "if necessary" Game 6... unless Manuelchanged the rotation for the World Series. On to Game 2. Which Pedro and more importantly, which A.J. will show up?

This reminds me of 1996 when Smoltz, along with Atlanta's hitters, dominated us in Game 1. Hopefully, a similar outing isn't what's going to happenin Game 2. But, we've been here before, fellas. We may be behind, but we're definitely not out. The bats have to wake up eventually.

Come on Yankees!

That Was Honestly A Good Game. Regardless Of What The Score Says.

Both Pitchers Were Pretty Dominant. CC Just Threw Those 2 Mistake Pitches 2 Utley. N The Yankee Bullpenn Was Basura.

Clifford On The Other Hand Was Straight Swaggg Dominant The Whole Game.

I Expect The Yankees Commin Hard 2morroe N Get The W

Lee pitched a dominating game.

He got the better of the Yankees hitters.

CC held them off as best as he could, and the Phillies took advantage of our bullpen.

Nothing else to say.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Go Phils
Not even close.

You know how the game goes on NT in the playoffs.

1 game and people make blanket statements.

Yea now all the Haters will come out and get on ya since its "safe" to come out of the woodwork and throw jabs.

I would be very worried tho. Burrnett has not been good. But that may just be me. I never thought AJ was all that great. But im hoping he can get the winbecause I do want to see a good series. And if it goes back to Philly with the Yankees down 0-2 it wont be good.

Go Phils
Cmon son, Lee had a great game. PERIOD. Now you are just underestimating the best offensive team in the league.
Prove it.
Yankees are:
First in runs
Tied for first in hits
First in HRs
First in RBIs
First in BBs
First in OBP
First in Slugging Percentage
Second in BA

Good game Lee and good game Phillies.

Get em tomorrow.

Maybe I catch it at a bar in Queens maybe change our luck
laugh.gif

Night.

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

OK, as I expected (I don't say that with a lot of pride, just being real), we lost Game 1 to Cliff Lee and our bullpen did not help at all. Now, we just have to hit better against Pedro, Hamels, Happ, and Blanton. Thank God we don't see Cliff again until an "if necessary" Game 6... unless Manuel changed the rotation for the World Series.
There is no way after that performance Manuel waits till game 6 to pitch him again. At worst he will pitch game 5 but I think he is going to matchhim up with CC everytime.

This reminds me of 1996 when Smoltz, along with Atlanta's hitters, dominated us in Game 1. Hopefully, a similar outing isn't what's going to happen in Game 2. But, we've been here before, fellas. We may be behind, but we're definitely not out. The bats have to wake up eventually.

Come on Yankees!
Yanks lost 12-1 in Game 1 of the 1996 World Series and then lost 4-0 in Game 2.

What happened? A Yankees World Series victory in Game 6.

Maybe it won't happen, or maybe it will. No one should really panic after just one game.

WFAN is gonna blow up with all these panicky callers, especially during Mike Francesa's show
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Yankees are:
First in runs
Tied for first in hits
First in HRs
First in RBIs
First in BBs
First in OBP
Second in BA
That means absolutely nothing now. It's the World Series baby.

Thank God we don't see Cliff again until an "if necessary" Game 6... unless Manuel changed the rotation for the World Series.
Don't be surprised if we see Lee on Sunday for Game 4
smh.gif

Game 1 of the 2009 World Series, Yankees lose 6-1.

- Cliff Lee was too dominant, plain and simple.
- Sabathia held his own, except for Utley twice, but again, Lee was too dominant for our offense to get to him.
- Our bullpen.... The walks are NOT comforting at all.
- It's just one game, everyone needs to relax.

We just have to hope the crowd shows up, ready to dish out plenty of "Who's your daddy?" chants. More importantly, we need the good-Burnett toshow up.

I'm off to bed, g'night fellas, see you tomorrow. Don't lose sleep over this game, we got this!

Yankees are:
First in runs
Tied for first in hits
First in HRs
First in RBIs
First in BBs
First in OBP
Second in BA
indifferent.gif

Alright we are done here. By your logic, all teams come in equal in the playoffs. Fam ain't even come with an argument.

Go Phils

Prove it.
Are you serious? Do you watch baseball consistently or did you just begin watching your hometown team once the playoffs started? If you watchedand kept up all season, you'd know the Yankees are the best offensive team in baseball. They simply got matched with an AMAZING ace by the name of CliffLee tonight.

I can't say all, won't say all, but alot of people picked the Yankees to win Game 1. Obviously, the series is far from over but anyone doubting thisPhillies squad needs to get their head examined....

...and by the way, Cliff Lee was lights out tonight...you Yankees fans gotta hand it to him.....no, really......ya gotta hand it to him....
laugh.gif

Yankees are:
First in runs
Tied for first in hits
First in HRs
First in RBIs
First in BBs
First in OBP
Second in BA
Then how did you expect the man to prove it?

Yankees are:
First in runs
Tied for first in hits
First in HRs
First in RBIs
First in BBs
First in OBP
Second in BA

Jerryeverday....

u asked

And he said no.

u said :
prove it

He did.... Now shut the %#** up .... ur an idiot. We can obviously play better.

Noob.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Lee pitched a dominating game.

He got the better of the Yankees hitters.

CC held them off as best as he could, and the Phillies took advantage of our bullpen.

Nothing else to say.

THIS

Originally Posted by briannnnn

This reminds me of 1996 when Smoltz, along with Atlanta's hitters, dominated us in Game 1. Hopefully, a similar outing isn't what's going to happen in Game 2. But, we've been here before, fellas. We may be behind, but we're definitely not out. The bats have to wake up eventually.

Come on Yankees!
Yanks lost 12-1 in Game 1 of the 1996 World Series and then lost 4-0 in Game 2.

What happened? A Yankees World Series victory in Game 6.
Yeah, I know, but I would rather not have to go through that heartache and nervousness again that I felt as a kid
laugh.gif
If we lost Game 2, sure I still won't panic, but obviously we'd allrather win the game instead of losing, and at best hoping for history to repeat itself with a Cinderella ending.

Back
Top Bottom