OFFICIAL 2010-11 NHL SEASON THREAD ... Regular season has ended. Visit Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by FOG

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

Just because of this thread I want to see a Canucks/Blackhawks first round
laugh.gif
That would be a great series.. 'Cept the outcome will be different this year, though.

grin.gif

No matter how many times you type that, say it out loud or even speak it in your mind, doesn't make it true.
laugh.gif
Son, I typed it like twice, don't get your panties in a bunch
happy.gif

But we'll just have to see come playoffs, won't we?

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

I want the Hawks
laugh.gif
im wishing for a rematch
devil.gif

As optimistic as I am; I don't see us making back to the finals. I am not even sure if you guys are a lock in the East.

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

Winnipeg and Hamilton.
We need 8 teams in Canada. We have teams in the WHL that have better attendance than some NHL teams. 
ohwell.gif
I know, we get more people for the Moose (AHL for those that don't know) than the Coyotes get, they say they get 11,000 a game but if you see the crowds on TV there is no way its that many
And call me biased but I don't see the deal getting done, if it was going to work it would be finished already. Goldwater has repeatedly shown they aren't going to back down, and technically since the arrangement with Hulsizer is illegal I don't see the deal happening unless Goldwater steps aside

I'd say my opinion on the Hawks/Canucks is pretty un-biased
laugh.gif

Of the 4 meetings this year they've split the games, Hawks spanked them 7-1 in the 3rd game and the 4th they won in a SO. They've each won and lost a game at home/on the road to each other this season. With Manny and Hamhuis and Edler out that's a major blow to an already very strong team. I'd love to see that 1st round matchup of Vancouver & Chicago......with the Canucks taking it, as long as Luongo can be somewhat decent
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by hawkflight6

Winnipeg and Hamilton.
We need 8 teams in Canada. We have teams in the WHL that have better attendance than some NHL teams. 
ohwell.gif
I know, we get more people for the Moose (AHL for those that don't know) than the Coyotes get, they say they get 11,000 a game but if you see the crowds on TV there is no way its that many
And call me biased but I don't see the deal getting done, if it was going to work it would be finished already. Goldwater has repeatedly shown they aren't going to back down, and technically since the arrangement with Hulsizer is illegal I don't see the deal happening unless Goldwater steps aside
If Bettman wasn't so against moving the team back to Canada, and a deal would have been in place, would the city of Glendale still get compensated for the relocation since they couldn't negotiate a lease agreement? 

smoke ya later, you need to start coming in here on the regular man. Don't let me be the sole Hawks fan in here
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Winnipeg and Hamilton.
ohwell.gif
If Bettman wasn't so against moving the team back to Canada, and a deal would have been in place, would the city of Glendale still get compensated for the relocation since they couldn't negotiate a lease agreement? 
I not sure I understand your question, but the problem isn't the lease. The guy who wants to keep the team in Phoenix- Matthew Hulsizer isn't willing to put up his own money to buy the team. He worked out a deal with Glendale that they would sell bonds and give him that money to buy the team, so basically Glendale is putting up the $170 million for the team. The problem is that under Arizona law the government isn't allowed to finance such a deal for Hulsizer. This is what Goldwater has been saying and why they are filing a lawsuit to prevent the deal from happening.
There is a deal on the table from True North Sports and Entertainment (the Winnipeg group which owns our AHL team and the arena) for the full $170 million the league is asking for except Bettman isn't going to take that until the Glendale is completely dead

eek.gif

WOW....what a **%%%@# fight! 2 rounds.....you can tell ML took (or takes) boxing lessons

Look like Looch ate a pretty good one to start it off....that being said, I'll call it a draw.

^Yup.....you can see he's bleeding and he went to the room to get fixed up instead of going to the box. Draw is how I would score it as well. 

I not sure I understand your question, but the problem isn't the lease. The guy who wants to keep the team in Phoenix- Matthew Hulsizer isn't willing to put up his own money to buy the team. He worked out a deal with Glendale that they would sell bonds and give him that money to buy the team, so basically Glendale is putting up the $170 million for the team. The problem is that under Arizona law the government isn't allowed to finance such a deal for Hulsizer. This is what Goldwater has been saying and why they are filing a lawsuit to prevent the deal from happening.
There is a deal on the table from True North Sports and Entertainment (the Winnipeg group which owns our AHL team and the arena) for the full $170 million the league is asking for except Bettman isn't going to take that until the Glendale is completely dead

Sorry for my weird question. 
What I meant to ask is, let's say the deal ends up dead with Glendale, would the city of Glendale get some sort of compensation from True North Sports or the NHL for the team leaving?? 

Just peeped the Avery/Haley fight....

Figures he would try to fight a non-fighter
laugh.gif
....glad Haley stepped in. Avery was holding on TIGHT. Opened him up pretty good too.

Sorry for my weird question. 
What I meant to ask is, let's say the deal ends up dead with Glendale, would the city of Glendale get some sort of compensation from True North Sports or the NHL for the team leaving?? 

I don't think so, I haven't heard of anything like that but thats probably because Bettman won't discuss anything to do any scenario were the team moves.
laugh.gif

I doubt that they would get anything from True North, only because right now the team is owned by the NHL so thats who they would be dealing with, not anybody in Glendale and lets face it, they took the team from us in the first place so we don't owe them anything

I don't think the NHL would give them anything because right now they are desperately trying anything and everything to keep the team there, Bettman has already greatly passed the deadline he told the city they had to get new ownership

ugh...hate the effin' shootout
laugh.gif

at least kessel didn't score. what was the deal with Z...back and forth to the locker room a few times. dude musta had the runs or something
laugh.gif

serious props to the refs for letting them go after they separated, although they were horrible on the calls all night. that first shot from rosehill was viscous.
sick.gif

nice to see seguin get in there and stand up for recchi.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bjm5295

nice to see seguin get in there and stand up for recchi.
pimp.gif
no doubt. that was good to see. recchi was getting tossed around a bit tonight...they took him down a few times throughout the game

you think ryder plays in the playoffs?

Back
Top Bottom