***OFFICIAL 2010 AL West Thread***

HIM

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
We had a pretty decent thread last yearhttp://niketalk.com/topic/168500?page=1. Let's try to get to 50 pages this year
pimp.gif

[/font]
2rges7k.jpg
[/font]
[/font]

[/font]

ddhl74.jpg
[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

2wcpuh4.jpg
[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

2yufyb4.jpg
[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]On paper this SHOULD be a 2-team race between the M's and the Rangers but I still have a glimmer of hope that Scioscia can get this team to compete and possibly win the division. Go ahead and make your predictions, fellas.[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Rangers (92-70)[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mariners (86-76)[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Angels (82-80)[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A's (73-89)[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Should be another fun year with finns, Nowtiness and the rest of you. The best part of the year is right around the corner, finally
pimp.gif
[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

And we're back! Excited for this season, a lot of changes for every team in the division. Need to craft my predictions, I'll post them up in a few.

Anyone have a Team Mariners sig?
laugh.gif

No love for the A's? It's all good. We won 75 games last year and signed some good free agents we're going to do worse? come on man.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by WearinTheFourFive

No love for the A's? It's all good. We won 75 games last year and signed some good free agents we're going to do worse? come on man.
laugh.gif
If the M's and Rangers improved as much as it looks, yeah, I can see how you'd do worse.

Very excited about the division this year... Looks WIDE open...

We say it every year, but the Angels look, on paper, like they've taken a step back... Interesting to see what Scioscia can do with this group... I think a lot is riding on Kazmir... If he's good, they're dangerous. If he's the guy we saw in Tampa the last couple of years, I'm skeptical... Interesting to FINALLY see Brandon Wood receive some real playing time... Heard about him forever it seems, and he's getting his shot now...

The Mariners look substantially better on paper, but I'm still curious as to whether or not they'll hit enough... Obviously a lot rests on Milton being healthy, and I really don't think Figgins is an upgrade over Beltre at all... Given their run differential last year, they overachieved by quite a bit... The big thing with them is that with Lee and Felix heading the rotation, regardless of run production they're in line to very rarely go on prolonged losing streaks... Interested to see how much their defense falls off with Milton in LF and Figgins at 3B, too... Still, Lee/Felix/Bedard is filthy...

The Rangers have a lot of "ifs" in the equation.. If they get 140 innings from Harden, they've got enough depth to make up the remaining ~60 or so to provide a reasonable upgrade from what they got out of Millwood last year... If Hamilton and Vlad can bounce back, they'll be substantially better on offense as they'll get more runners on base... If Chris Davis can hit at even a league-average rate... If they get ANY production from the catcher position... The one thing they can really bank on is the defense being as good as any in baseball... The bullpen looks like it'll be strong, and they should be able to pull together at least an average rotation with all the arms... More kids breaking through this year and they'll still be relying on loads of youngsters... Big thing is getting the ownership situation ironed out and being able to address needs at the deadline...

The A's... I really don't know what to think... Not convinced they'll hit. At all. That whole lineup screams mediocre... But I love Anderson and Cahill, and if they get healthy seasons from Sheets and Duke, the staff is going to be VERY good... I don't think they'll compete with the other three, but it wouldn't surprise me I guess...

Figgins in a Mariners jersey
sick.gif
   M's got Kotch too?  lol 

Anyway, kinda excited to see how Brandon Wood will do.  Hope he's more Troy Glaus and not Dallas MacPherson

I've got the M's winning the West...

Scared of them in the playoffs with that 1,2 punch of Felix and Cliff

I'll be pulling for the hometown M's, but there is no guarantee. This division race looks like it'll be fun.

The Angels don't seem nearly as formidable as they once were. I can look at their rotation and see a real tough 1-5 in the rotation, but on the same token I can see that same rotation faltering big time.

M's are strong in the rotation...Really strong. If Snell can find something this year, and Bedard stays healthy (he won't) they'll have the best rotation in the bigs easily. Rowland-Smith is far from a slouch as well. I'm interested to see how their bullpen stacks up and if Aardsma can repeat his performance level from last year.

Texas is a huge wild card. They have so much young talent and if those guys can put it all together as individuals then mold into a cohesive group, they will be very dangerous. Vlad's experience should bolster that lineup, if not physically, then mentally.

I'll be real shocked if the A's don't finish last. But I'll never discount the A's and Billy Beane with their surplus of diamonds in the rough, if you will, that hide in their farm system and even on their current roster. The young talent in that system seems endless.

I keep forgetting Vlad went down to Texas. I just don't know about his body holding up. Guy is a glass doll.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

And we're back! Excited for this season, a lot of changes for every team in the division. Need to craft my predictions, I'll post them up in a few.

laugh.gif
This is all I got... 
ohwell.gif
   Not exactly a "Team" sig.  But how about some individual team threads?
Anyway... I like the M's chances, with a considerably improved team.  But like some other guys have mentioned, I'm still uncertain on the bats.  Lets hope Milton will bring his A game and not his attitude.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Originally Posted by finnns2003

laugh.gif
This is all I got... 
ohwell.gif
   Not exactly a "Team" sig.  But how about some individual team threads?
Anyway... I like the M's chances, with a considerably improved team.  But like some other guys have mentioned, I'm still uncertain on the bats.  Lets hope Milton will bring his A game and not his attitude.
It's cool, I'll make one when I'm not lazy.
laugh.gif

Milton... all I need is for him to not throw the ball into the stands with 2 outs, and we're good.

Assuming the staff (and everyone else) stays healthy...

Assuming our position acquisitions (Crisp, Kouzmanoff, others) will maintain their defensive skills...

Assuming our bullpen remains as untouchable as they were last year...

we could be in contention for this division as late as August. Of course, because it's the A's and they suffer injuries as soon as the season begins (or sometimes even before), this is probably not going to happen.

However, as the Angels have taught the rest of us for the past few season, strong defense+strong pitching+at least average offense=playoff berth.

Who knows what can happen, it's why you play the game
pimp.gif

Vlads .394 average has been against texas pitchin back when they were anything but good. wait till the king n cliff visit arlington n watch that average dip like ranch

^true. Vladdy put up those numbers against the rangers and in his prime. I still think he'll have success in that stadium tho.
Lets see if finns thinks figgins is better than average now
laugh.gif

I'm about to buy some fanfest tix for the All star break. Never been to any ASG or fan fest in any sport. Cant wait
pimp.gif

Can't wait for this season.
pimp.gif
If I had to pick now, I'd have us last place in the division because there are just too many "what ifs". If our guys stay healthy and Sheets and Duke do what they do, we could make some noise in the division. Hopefully we utilize our speed on offense also, because there is absolutely no power on this team.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Any A's fans going to be in AZ for spring training? I'm going for the first time.
pimp.gif
I'll be there on the 20th and 21st.

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

Can't wait for this season.
pimp.gif
If I had to pick now, I'd have us last place in the division because there are just too many "what ifs". If our guys stay healthy and Sheets and Duke do what they do, we could make some noise in the division. Hopefully we utilize our speed on offense also, because there is absolutely no power on this team.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Any A's fans going to be in AZ for spring training? I'm going for the first time.
pimp.gif
I'll be there on the 20th and 21st.
Damn bruh..I ain't seen u post since that Red Sox game last season
laugh.gif

But I agree, too many question marks on this A's team. Still excited for the season and I'm glad were at least trying to steal bases and manufacture runs.

Back
Top Bottom