Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Draw Thread

World Cup is right around the corner
pimp.gif

Early prediction: England wins it all

Great coach. Great squad. Great captain. The machine is greased up.

Italy, Portugal, France, Argentina have 6 months to shape up. Holland always chokes. That leaves Spain, England, Brazil, and Germany. I likeEngland's defence the most and in a one-off match they have to like their chances, especially with Capello in charge.

Darkhorses: Denmark, Cote d'Ivoire, Chile, and Serbia (show up this time, you've a good squad again).

so are the games actually gonna be on at regular times lmao? them joints be on at the a.m???

Originally Posted by EdWord

so are the games actually gonna be on at regular times lmao? them joints be on at the a.m???

South Africa is GMT +2 so there is a 7 hour difference to the East Coast. Probably be lunchtime or early afternoon games for you - not like a few years agowhen they were on at 6am and stuff.

Originally Posted by EdWord

Yeah most games will be from 10 am ET - 3 pm ET if they follow the same schedule as Confederations Cup (also held in S.A.)

Michaelfoooo wrote:

I have a feeling that the U.S. is going to be the surprise of the tournament
pimp.gif

Man this is how I felt not too long ago but now Charlie Davies is out (who knows if he'll be back before WC) and who knows what form Onyewu will come inafter this injury and the lack of PT he's been getting at Milan. I expect Donovan to impress a lot of people this WC. He's been on a whole differentlevel this past year and half with Galaxy and US.

My early prediction is Spain taking it all. I can see Honduras making an upset here or there. They will be underestimated since this is their first WC in awhile and are a Concacaf team but they have good enough players to pull an upset.

Can't stand Mex and Hon but damn it I want CONCACAF to represent well so I have to root for those two too do well. USA I can easily go for though.

England aint winning !##$. Let the media hype them up as usual.

Who's their 2nd striker? Jermaine Defoe? Emile Heskey? Peter Crouch?
sick.gif

They wont be able to score goals when it matters.

France is a wash as well.

I predicted back in 06 that Brazil or Argentina would win it because a European team has never won the WC out of their continent. I think that Brazil arecurrently the best team in the world while Argentina are a complete mess under Maradona.

Anyways, we need to see how the groups pan out before making more accurate predictions about who makes it deep in the tourny.

If the Confederations Cup is any indication, the games will be played between 10am-5pm EST.

^ win or lose im sure their national newspaper will report they beat brazil 10-0 in the finals.

i strongly feel ghana will have a top 4 finish in the tourny

as tevez said no euro nation has won the WC outside of europe....i also think there is a first for everything. if spain is on then this tourny is theirs to winalthough they'll have to worry about brazil who are as good if not better on paper...a recharged england that is using great tactics and the OGs -argentina, france, italy and germany.

co-sign with dude that said serbia is a dark horse - zigic, vidic, tosic can flat out BALL...and their OGS - stankovic and pantelic are straight snipers.

No they're not. The only reason they didn't dominate in their qualifications is the coach. What the hell is Domenech still doing occupying that job.

But break down France's squad player by player and you'll see how amazingly talented they are.

^ Domenech is the worst coach in international football...Playing players based off star sign? He's a wacko.

England Is not winning the World Cup.. France will be put in the group of death for sure.. I honestly feel as if Ghana or Ivory Coast will take a trip to thesemi finals... Toooooo Early to tell..
And yes On Paper.. France has talent alll around.. So Does Argentina.. It's how you display that talent on the pitch.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

No they're not. The only reason they didn't dominate in their qualifications is the coach. What the hell is Domenech still doing occupying that job.

But break down France's squad player by player and you'll see how amazingly talented they are.

France always has a glut of talent but the worst coach to put it together

Ivory Coast is probably gonna make some noise depending on the groups...

World cup summers are the best summers ever.

Originally Posted by Smokey1212

Yup. I'm requesting nights only this summer at my job. I try to watch all the games.

Originally Posted by socluis90

Originally Posted by Smokey1212

Yup. I'm requesting nights only this summer at my job. I try to watch all the games.
Same here.

I am hoping the USA can at least make it to the Round of 16. Anything less in my eyes would be a disappointment.

As for winning it all, I got Wales.

You probably missed out on the "WCQ - final week" thread. I feel that France are a wash due to Domenech. No way they compete for the WCtitle with him in charge in South Africa.

Only reason France made it to the finals in 2006 was due to the leadership of guys like Thuram, Zidane, Vieira, Makelele, Henry who were able to overcomeDomenech's terrible tactical decisions. France no longer have that kind of leadership to overcome Domenech's mental ******ation.

Funny how a team with so much talent needed a handball just to score a goal after 105 minutes in their home stadium. I'm not taking away anything fromFrance's talent, because they are top 5-10 in the world in that department...but Domenech is clearly holding them back.

As of right now, you've got to say that Spain and Brazil are the two favorites to win the World Cup.

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

^ win or lose im sure their national newspaper will report they beat brazil 10-0 in the finals.

Ahn Young-Hak is gonna show you some things.

and really? no one thinks nigeria's gonna make it to at least the quarters this time round?

(sleeper for the round of 16. you saw it here first)

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Only reason France made it to the finals in 2006 was due to the leadership of guys like Thuram, Zidane, Vieira, Makelele, Henry who were able to overcome Domenech's terrible tactical decisions. France no longer have that kind of leadership to overcome Domenech's mental ******ation.

Funny how a team with so much talent needed a handball just to score a goal after 105 minutes in their home stadium. I'm not taking away anything from France's talent, because they are top 5-10 in the world in that department...but Domenech is clearly holding them back.

laugh.gif
That made me laugh.

Your second part I definitely agree with.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

Ahn Young-Hak is gonna show you some things.

and really? no one thinks nigeria's gonna make it to at least the quarters this time round?

(sleeper for the round of 16. you saw it here first)
Nigeria aren't a sleeper. You watch any of their matches this year? Their fans on cybereagles.com are NOT happy with the team they have. Ghanaand the Ivory Coast are the two best teams in Africa right now. We'll get a better look at the 5 African qualifiers during January's ACN.

Back
Top Bottom