Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Draw Thread

[table][tr][td]
2w3oqq8.jpg

[/td] [/tr][/table]

IM SUPER HYPED RIGHT NOW..LISTEN UP MY FELLOW IRISHMEN AND COSTA RICANS..WE WILL GET REVENGE FOR YOU GUYS...

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

I like the way our schedule is. hardest team to easiest team.
same here. hopefully we can catch england off guard a bit being their first game as well.

A:
1.South Africa
2.Mexico
3.Uruguay

4.France

B:
1.Argentina
2.Nigeria

3.S.Korea
4.Greece

C:
1.England
2.USA

3.Algeria
4.Slovenia

D:
1.Germany
2.Australia
3.Serbia
4.Ghana

E:
1.Netherlands
2.Denmark
3.Japan
4.Cameroon

F:
1.Italy
2.Paraguay
3.New Zealand
4.Slovakia

G:
1.Brazil
2.N.Korea
3.Ivory Coast
4.Portugal

H:
1.Spain
2.Switzerland
3.Honduras
4.Chile

That first game is going to be epic. Will definitely not be an easy game for Mexico but it will be a good one!

In all honesty we got a favorable group. England is a great team, Algeria a solid team and Slovenia is solid as well. No reason for us not to beat or Tie England and win the other two teams.

Luis and Crafty what do you think?

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

A:
1.South Africa
2.Mexico
3.Uruguay

4.France

B:
1.Argentina
2.Nigeria

3.S.Korea
4.Greece

C:
1.England
2.USA

3.Algeria
4.Slovenia

D:
1.Germany
2.Australia
3.Serbia
4.Ghana

E:
1.Netherlands
2.Denmark
3.Japan
4.Cameroon

F:
1.Italy
2.Paraguay
3.New Zealand
4.Slovakia

G:
1.Brazil
2.N.Korea
3.Ivory Coast
4.Portugal

H:
1.Spain
2.Switzerland
3.Honduras
4.Chile

Only thing I would argue against is Greece/Nigeria. Even though it's in Africa I think 4 African teams in the KO round is a little high.

Originally Posted by KRISPACINLA

In all honesty we got a favorable group. England is a great team, Algeria a solid team and Slovenia is solid as well. No reason for us not to beat or Tie England and win the other two teams.

No doubt. The Slovenians and Algerians snuck in on playoffs. Tying England will be tough. They always choke, but its usually not til the Round of 16 ofQuarters that they do. I now expect the US to play Germany in the Rof16.

Thank god FIFA didn't rig the draw. South Africa are NOT going to come out of that group. They'll be lucky to win a game.

Argentina should survive group B. Nigeria are not very strong at the moment. Greece and South Korea are well-organized teams but not at Argentina's level.

Very favorable group for the U.S. American fans shouldn't under-estimate Algeria. Algeria is very similar to the U.S. team in that they are not very goodtechnically but are an organized team and they play to their strengths. Algeria will NOT open up very much on defense, they like to keep 6-7 guys behind theball so it'll be tough to break them down. Nonetheless, the U.S. and England should advance out of this group.

Second place in Group D is wide open. I can see any of Australia, Ghana or Serbia advancing.

Very easy group for Holland in Group E. They'll have no troubles defeating Japan and Cameroon.

Italy are notoriously slow starters but they should get atleast 7 pts out of this group. Paraguay should finish 2nd.

Group G is gonna be a fun group. The Ivory Coast are like the Brazil of Africa...they attack like crazy but their defence SUCKS. Brazil vs. CIV, Brazil vs.Portugal and CIV vs. Portugal will all be really entertaining matches to watch for neutral fans. North Korea are going to get smashed.

Group H will see Spain and Switzerland easily advance.

If Argentina win their group then they should atleast make it to the final 8. The U.S. need to win their group (very unlikely) or else they'll have Germanywaiting for them in the KO stage.

Originally Posted by KRISPACINLA

I had prepared myself to be in the group of death so anything but that is a sigh of relief. I'm in the minority but I think we can do something againstsEngland. I also do not expect those two other games to be easy at all! Overall I'm pumped. Sucks to wait 6 months!

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Thank god FIFA didn't rig the draw. South Africa are NOT going to come out of that group. They'll be lucky to win a game.

Argentina should survive group B. Nigeria are not very strong at the moment. Greece and South Korea are well-organized teams but not at Argentina's level.

Very favorable group for the U.S. American fans shouldn't under-estimate Algeria. Algeria is very similar to the U.S. team in that they are not very good technically but are an organized team and they play to their strengths. Algeria will NOT open up very much on defense, they like to keep 6-7 guys behind the ball so it'll be tough to break them down. Nonetheless, the U.S. and England should advance out of this group.

Second place in Group D is wide open. I can see any of Australia, Ghana or Serbia advancing.

Very easy group for Holland in Group E. They'll have no troubles defeating Japan and Cameroon.

Italy are notoriously slow starters but they should get atleast 7 pts out of this group. Paraguay should finish 2nd.

Group G is gonna be a fun group. The Ivory Coast are like the Brazil of Africa...they attack like crazy but their defence SUCKS. Brazil vs. CIV, Brazil vs. Portugal and CIV vs. Portugal will all be really entertaining matches to watch for neutral fans. North Korea are going to get smashed.

If Argentina win their group then they should atleast make it to the final 8. The U.S. need to win their group (very unlikely) or else they'll have Germany waiting for them in the KO stage.
What? SA looked good against Brazil and Spain last summer. They had some jitters to start that tournament but showed their true form against Spain/Brazil. I'd be surprised if they didn't put on a good showing this summer.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

3007i1v.jpg
group D and E are really intriguing...they are probably the two most balanced groups, which makes for exciting matches..some of the others you canpencil in who will go into the knockout round..in Group D, Germany are obviously the heavyweight but Serbia and Ghana are no slouches either..Serbia has one ofthe toughest defenses in world football and they absolutely cruised through qualification..Ghana has a number of European based players and Essien when hes fitand healthy is a world class midfielder..ive heard their coach is planning on meeting with Balotelli to sway him from Italy, if he answers the call that couldbe huge for them because they struggled scoring in the last few qualifiers..in group E apart from the Netherlands, Denmark and Cameroon are both qualityteams...Denmark played extremely well finishing atop Portugal and Sweden, Cameroon have one of the best goalscorers in the world and a couple others playing inthe premiership with Song, Assou-Ekotto and Bassong..the other two teams in each group, Australia and Japan both have enough quality to at least make thingsinteresting

btw im watching Sky Sports World and these guys are talking to Damarcus Beasley
laugh.gif
..this guy has like a 5% chance of even making the squad

If Algeria had Benzema and Nasri (French men with Algerian decedents), Algeria will make it out hat group with out question!
could you imagine if Zidane would have played for Algeria..there was an interview awhile back and the reporter asked if it was true the Algeriancoach didnt want him at the time (when he was a youngster) because he was too slow
laugh.gif

Very favorable group for the U.S. American fans shouldn't under-estimate Algeria. Algeria is very similar to the U.S. team in that they are not very good technically but are an organized team and they play to their strengths. Algeria will NOT open up very much on defense, they like to keep 6-7 guys behind the ball so it'll be tough to break them down. Nonetheless, the U.S. and England should advance out of this group.

Group G is gonna be a fun group. The Ivory Coast are like the Brazil of Africa...they attack like crazy but their defence SUCKS. Brazil vs. CIV, Brazil vs. Portugal and CIV vs. Portugal will all be really entertaining matches to watch for neutral fans. North Korea are going to get smashed.

If Argentina win their group then they should atleast make it to the final 8. The U.S. need to win their group (very unlikely) or else they'll have Germany waiting for them in the KO stage.
Did you just say Brazil's defense sucks?
roll.gif

They're very well organized under Dunga, and ultimately, that's what matters most. Add on the world's greatest keeper (IMO).

South Africa will make it out the group stages along with France.

Originally Posted by Tinchy Stryder

Listen to this lad!!!! He knows his Footy!!

If Algeria had Benzema and Nasri (French men with Algerian decedents), Algeria will make it out hat group with out question!

All in all tho..there are a few class players on that team.
90% of the Algerian national team was born in France. Most of their players make their living in Ligue 1, the Premiership and they have some otherguys playing for big clubs in Europe (Rangers, Wolfsburg, etc.). Their best player is Karim Ziani of Wolfsburg but they dont let him loose very much due to theteam's compact style. They're a very physical team and are very similar in style to the U.S. This game will not be pretty for neutral fans. I thinkI'm gonna boycott Group C...4 boring teams.

What? SA looked good against Brazil and Spain last summer. They had some jitters to start that tournament but showed their true form against Spain/Brazil. I'd be surprised if they didn't put on a good showing this summer.
Carlos Alberto is back to coach them so I expect them to be a very disciplined and tight squad. They showed some attacking flair in theConfederation's Cup, I'm not sure Carlos Alberto will be having any of that.

Brazil did not play very well vs. South Africa in June. I think it was more of Brazil being off then South Africa being on. I wouldn't look too much intothe 3rd place match vs. Spain. 3rd place matches are generally very loose and open since there isn't any pressure on either team.

I dont expect South Africa to get blown out...they may not even concede more than 2-3 goals...but it's not like they'll be scoring much. Benni McCarthyis finally back for them so they'll have some hope going forward.

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

Did you just say Brazil's defense sucks?
roll.gif

They're very well organized under Dunga, and ultimately, that's what matters most. Add on the world's greatest keeper (IMO).

South Africa will make it out the group stages along with France.
No, I meant that CIV are like Brazil (prior to Dunga) in that they attack like crazy. The problem is the CIV's defense sucks.

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

That USA match gotta be mouthwatering for the England wingers.
I like how people like to gassed up England. Solid squad no doubt, but who ever thinks we wont give them a match, they are wrong.

I am sure our boys will be ready. Being that is England, they might have a little more motivation.

Back
Top Bottom