Official 2010 NY Jets Season Thread 11-5 : this one hurts ............

Tim Cowlishaw is STANDING BY his story/tweet that Revis will sign sometime this week (Wednesday or Saturday).

He was on ESPN radio earlier today, and here are the highlights of the interview:

- Says he feels as confident today as he did yesterday that his news is accurate

- Told it would happen Wed or Sat... he checked one aspect and thinks Wed makes more sense

- Wasn't looking for Revis story. This came out of the blue. Source has always been correct.

- He did mention "Hard Knocks"... but only as one of the ways he follows the Jets as an out of town reporter.

- "Lets not say I beat the NY writers to the scoop until it happens"

- "Still feel very good about it"

- Wont say whether his source came from player or team side.

- But then said, feel free to read between the lines: "Anytime there is a negotiation, the player and the agent control when thesigning is done... the team can only make an offer, the player/agenthave to take the offer... so they control the WHEN"

- The guaranteed money figure he was told sounded "too high" so he didn't write it

- Asked to rank the confidence level of his source (scale of 1 to10)... 8.5 to a 9. Source wouldn't lie and not likely to be misread

-"If I'm wrong, I'm wrong - but either way, I've probably been wronger, since in the end, Revis will definitely be a Jet."
Conspiracy theories abound as to which side is supplying the info... I'm still just taking the wait-and-see approach.

Tim Cowlishaw is STANDING BY his story/tweet that Revis will sign sometime this week (Wednesday or Saturday).

He was on ESPN radio earlier today, and here are the highlights of the interview:

- Says he feels as confident today as he did yesterday that his news is accurate

- Told it would happen Wed or Sat... he checked one aspect and thinks Wed makes more sense

- Wasn't looking for Revis story. This came out of the blue. Source has always been correct.

- He did mention "Hard Knocks"... but only as one of the ways he follows the Jets as an out of town reporter.

- But then said, feel free to read between the lines: "Anytime there is a negotiation, the player and the agent control when thesigning is done... the team can only make an offer, the player/agenthave to take the offer... so they control the WHEN"

- The guaranteed money figure he was told sounded "too high" so he didn't write it

- Asked to rank the confidence level of his source (scale of 1 to10)... 8.5 to a 9. Source wouldn't lie and not likely to be misread

-"If I'm wrong, I'm wrong - but either way, I've probably been wronger, since in the end, Revis will definitely be a Jet."
Conspiracy theories abound as to which side is supplying the info... I'm still just taking the wait-and-see approach.

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

Agreed.  But let's all hope for the best.

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

Agreed.  But let's all hope for the best.

Hopefully this is the case of where there is smoke there is fire. I feel sorry for the NFL they better get ready for 8 man blitz with 3 above average conerbacks

Hopefully this is the case of where there is smoke there is fire. I feel sorry for the NFL they better get ready for 8 man blitz with 3 above average conerbacks

Mangold locked up, 7 years worth a maximum of $55 mil. Details are still kind of sketchy ( in terms of guaranteed money) but great job by Tanny so far.
I honestly thought Mangold's contract would have been looked at after this season.

Mangold locked up, 7 years worth a maximum of $55 mil. Details are still kind of sketchy ( in terms of guaranteed money) but great job by Tanny so far.
I honestly thought Mangold's contract would have been looked at after this season.

mangold
pimp.gif

things are looking up ....

Just saw this posted on the Jets forum I am a member of.
mortreport
Bob Pompeani or @KDPomp of KDKA (Pittsburgh - where Revis played college ball) tweeted he "hears" deal is 10-yrs, $150m, $65m guaranteed
6 minutes ago via TweetDeck

KDPomp
revis getting closer to accepting a record deal from Jets...my people in the county say it could be a 10 yr deal 150mill 65 gauranteed!!!
Take it for what it's worth.

mortreport
Bob Pompeani or @KDPomp of KDKA (Pittsburgh - where Revis played college ball) tweeted he "hears" deal is 10-yrs, $150m, $65m guaranteed

KDPomp
revis getting closer to accepting a record deal from Jets...my people in the county say it could be a 10 yr deal 150mill 65 gauranteed!!!

Originally Posted by bkmac

mortreport

KDPomp

Thejetsblog.com
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bkmac

mortreport

KDPomp

Thejetsblog.com
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

man i hope all these rumors i'm hearing about the jets announcing revis signing on hardknocks are true. i want this $@$# over with already ........

man i hope all these rumors i'm hearing about the jets announcing revis signing on hardknocks are true. i want this $@$# over with already ........

latest from cowlishaw  ....On Revis: AOL Fanhouse, Pitt radio, NYC ESPN radio and I all must have different sources. If all wrong, that's beyond strange. More later.

latest from cowlishaw  ....On Revis: AOL Fanhouse, Pitt radio, NYC ESPN radio and I all must have different sources. If all wrong, that's beyond strange. More later.

francesa is shooting it down right now saying theres no deal at all , if you got your hopes up forget it cause the jets and revis aint even talking right now
smh.gif

i swear i need to drown a puppy right now .........

francesa is shooting it down right now saying theres no deal at all , if you got your hopes up forget it cause the jets and revis aint even talking right now
smh.gif

i swear i need to drown a puppy right now .........

anyone (onewearz) know where i can catch last week's episode? need to catch up and my rents don't have hbo
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom