Official 2010 SENIORS College Acceptance THREAD

Originally Posted by Apollo Greed

This. I don't know how many times I revised my essays
laugh.gif
But after they're all in, you get to play the waiting game.
+1. The waiting game is horrible, I still remember the day my college sent out acceptance notifications. I forgot my log-in password (the systemwouldn't e-mail it to me either) so I spent my day stressing and watching my friends getting accepted/rejected. I sped home to get my pass and found out Iwas accepted; crazy feeling.

Good luck to everyone.

Those of you applying to Yale, Princeton, Harvard, etc., good luck. You basically have to have had straight As, perfect SAT/ACT scores, done AIDS research inAfrica, had an internship with the president, lived on food stamps, and found the cure to cancer to be accepted.

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Those of you applying to Yale, Princeton, Harvard, etc., good luck. You basically have to have had straight As, perfect SAT/ACT scores, done AIDS research in Africa, had an internship with the president, lived on food stamps, and found the cure to cancer to be accepted.
laugh.gif
or you could have been an athlete with pretty good grades

Good luck guys, itll be over in a couple short months... Those last few weeks/months of HS when you know for sure where youre headed are just
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. If any of you got questions about the University of Miami feelfree to hit me up.

Those of you applying to Yale, Princeton, Harvard, etc., good luck. You basically have to have had straight As, perfect SAT/ACT scores, done AIDS research in Africa, had an internship with the president, lived on food stamps, and found the cure to cancer to be accepted.

thank God
that means I have no chance of getting in, my parents want me to go there and I don't at all

Originally Posted by xBraveHeartX

applied to :

cal state fullerton
cal state northridge
cal state los angeles
and san diego state uni.

hopefully get accepted, have a 3.4 GPA tho , -_-.

you'll get into there fam, just don't be sure about san diego state. i'm from california applied to St. John's University got in 8000 dollarscholarship, my dad went there, ron artest yee. Providence College (RI) early action still waiting University of Portland (free app) UCLA UC Berkeley UC IrvineUCSB Cal Poly Pomona Cal Poly San Luis Obispo eff california schools and their price increases. still working on University of San Francisco Boston UniversityHofstra to get my Marques Colston on. good luck ya'll

Originally Posted by Nash

Those of you applying to Yale, Princeton, Harvard, etc., good luck. You basically have to have had straight As, perfect SAT/ACT scores, done AIDS research in
Africa, had an internship with the president, lived on food stamps, and found the cure to cancer to be accepted.

thank God
that means I have no chance of getting in, my parents want me to go there and I don't at all

Not true.

Just be yourself in the process. Network when they come to your school, word to Harvard.

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

Originally Posted by Nash

Those of you applying to Yale, Princeton, Harvard, etc., good luck. You basically have to have had straight As, perfect SAT/ACT scores, done AIDS research in
Africa, had an internship with the president, lived on food stamps, and found the cure to cancer to be accepted.

thank God

Not true.

Just be yourself in the process. Network when they come to your school, word to Harvard.
lol you didn't read where I said I don't want to go there

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

Congratulations and Best of luck to all you guys.

If I have any advice for those pursuing the more difficult majors (mathematics, sciences, engineering, etc.) it's this:

Start pushing yourself to sit down and focus more. It doesn't even have to be something you aren't interested, just push the limits of your attention span constantly. For example, try and sit down and read a book you like for as long as you can. Record it, and try to beat that amount of time the next day/week/whatever.

People constantly talk about procrastinating until the last second, and not being able to focus. The reasons are that in highschool 90% of the kids who go to college are not challenged at all, so they don't develop a proper attention span so you can sit down and study for a long period of time. But this ability is not something you are born with, it's something you have to train.

SO start now.

Good tip

I could use

Good luck to all you guys. Man when i did my apps last year, i held them off way too close to the deadline, I was worried I wouldn't be able to submit themin time. But anyways, just don't stress to much guys, cus stressing isn't going to help in anyway.

Btw, its tight seeing guys applying to Berkeley. I gotta say I love it here

I applied to Virginia Tech for grad school and got in FINALLY!!! I graduated in 2008 from Roger Williams University!

Originally Posted by AirWeezy03

Applied:
UT
UT dallas
UT Arlington
UT san Antonio
UT permian basin
I should've applied to UT, but I procrastinated too much to have time for the essays
tired.gif

Applied:

Hosftra
York Of Pennsylvania
Adelphi
St. Johns
Queens College (a couple cuny's round my way)

might do some more over the break. anybody go to these schools? any extra info is much appreciated
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Lazy B

eek.gif
laugh.gif
Its been fast. My damn. I remember seeing these threads when I was going to college back in 2006.
like really, wow this thread just proved that Im getting old, I remember sitting in computer class filling out college apps and browsing NT at thesame time
laugh.gif
new generation of youngins now
eek.gif

Applied to PSU, Maryland, Udel, Pitt, RPI, and Drexel

Got into PSU, Pitt, and Drexel

Waiting on RPI, Udel, and Maryland

Probably going to PSU. 17th in the nation for Engineering sounds good to me.

applied to Hofstra last second early action 2.

should I apply to an IV? what's the least selective of those east coast liberal arts schools?

i'm from cali, lookin for out of state

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Originally Posted by Lazy B

eek.gif
laugh.gif
Its been fast. My damn. I remember seeing these threads when I was going to college back in 2006.
like really, wow this thread just proved that Im getting old, I remember sitting in computer class filling out college apps and browsing NT at the same time
laugh.gif
new generation of youngins now
eek.gif

yea its crazy how fast the time went by

Seeing this thread makes me think how crazy I am..everybody I know applied to multiple schools.

I applied to one and only one (in my sig) and got in. Good luck c/o 2010..hope you guys get into the college you want to go to.

Back
Top Bottom