Official 2010 SENIORS College Acceptance THREAD

I've herd people talking about the Yale acceptance screen. Sounds pretty cool. anyone ever seen it/ saw a video of it?

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

Originally Posted by reigndrop

I got into UCLA and Duke...
#$+! Stanford...
frown.gif

Hearing from Harvard/Yale/Brown tomorrow.

best of luck to everyone
Go to Duke if you don't get into any of the ivies.  Spending five years at UCLA will be stupid.

Ivy league pedigree > all

Speaking of which, I think I'm going to do my MBA apps next year again
laugh.gif

BTW, not many people on NT applying to top 20 schools?  Common NT, step your game up.

For those of you going to UC's, good luck, I was talking to one of my friends doing graduate school their, lots of cuts being made, as well as average graduation dates being pushed back..
Yeah. You jinxed me
tongue.gif

So why so pro Duke and anti UCLA? I mean, i'm leaning towards that too. I'm surprised I didn't even get into Brown. Everything I'veread tells me that Duke>Brown.
I hate to say it, but rankings are everything.  You'll have a hell of a good time at either schools, but the ranking is way in favor of Duke.  Also, a lot of cuts at the UC's are being made because of Cali's budget shortfall.  The longer you stay at an UC the risk you take of graduating at a much later date than your peers at private schools.  The Duke pedigree is way above UCLA's, go to Duke, son.

I got into UCLA and Duke...
#$+! Stanford...
frown.gif

Hearing from Harvard/Yale/Brown tomorrow.

best of luck to everyone
Go to Duke if you don't get into any of the ivies.  Spending five years at UCLA will be stupid.

Ivy league pedigree > all

Speaking of which, I think I'm going to do my MBA apps next year again
laugh.gif

BTW, not many people on NT applying to top 20 schools?  Common NT, step your game up.

For those of you going to UC's, good luck, I was talking to one of my friends doing graduate school their, lots of cuts being made, as well as average graduation dates being pushed back..
Yeah. You jinxed me
tongue.gif

So why so pro Duke and anti UCLA? I mean, i'm leaning towards that too. I'm surprised I didn't even get into Brown. Everything I'veread tells me that Duke>Brown.
I hate to say it, but rankings are everything.  You'll have a hell of a good time at either schools, but the ranking is way in favor of Duke.  Also, a lot of cuts at the UC's are being made because of Cali's budget shortfall.  The longer you stay at an UC the risk you take of graduating at a much later date than your peers at private schools.  The Duke pedigree is way above UCLA's, go to Duke, son.
Yeah... looks like that's my pick anyways. But like, you talked about Ivys... in theory Duke > Brown, Dartmouth and Cornell.

I'm deciding between USC and UCLA. They're basically the same price since USC is giving me a half tuition scholarship, so it's turning out to be a really tough decision.

The yes guy- I would go to USC.
wink.gif

bias aside, both schools are close in ranking. However UC's are bound to calm due to the constant cuts that they are going to face. USC isn't cutting classes anytime soon and is well funded.

You're a Bruin for 4 years. You're a Trojan for life. The networking is off the charts. Since your tuition is half covered it ql ost makes it a no "brainer".

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

I'm deciding between USC and UCLA. They're basically the same price since USC is giving me a half tuition scholarship, so it's turning out to be a really tough decision.

Go to USC.  You don't wanna be stressing out about picking classes cause of classes being cut.

Rusty1105, go to UCLA.

Applied to:
UC Davis
UC Berkeley
UC Merced
UC Santa Cruz
Sac State
Chico State

the ones i got accepted to in bold. the one i'm attending in bold, underlined, italicized

happy.gif

Go to USC.  You don't wanna be stressing out about picking classes cause of classes being cut.

Rusty1105, go to UCLA.
Are the budget cuts really going to be that big of a deal? Also, I'll be entering with a bunch of credits from community college classes and AP tests, will that affect anything?

I'm probably going to be a history major, with the end goal being law school. Again, does this change your opinion? My big concern with SC is that I've heard such terrible things about the surrounding area. UCLA is in Brentwood, so going off campus would be easy and fun.

Rusty1105, go to UCLA.
Are the budget cuts really going to be that big of a deal? Also, I'll be entering with a bunch of credits from community college classes and AP tests, will that affect anything?

I'm probably going to be a history major, with the end goal being law school. Again, does this change your opinion? My big concern with SC is that I've heard such terrible things about the surrounding area. UCLA is in Brentwood, so going off campus would be easy and fun.
USC is in nowhere near a nice area as Westwood, but it's really not as bad as most people make it out to be

Rusty1105, go to UCLA.

Yeah definitely.  Yes you'll be ahead of the pack, but you got to remember you're competing with much older students for classroom spots for your major, and since you're a fresh, you'll have the lowest priority.

I meant more in terms of avoiding budget-related crunches, but thanks for the input.

I'm going up to each campus within the next couple of weeks, hopefully that'll finally put me squarely in one camp.

Back
Top Bottom