OFFICIAL 2011 DODGERS SEASON THREAD [ 79-77 ] : MLB asks for sale of Dodgers

laugh.gif
only the doyers

HAHA no way dude, I saved my $68 gas tank from this morning instead of using 3/4 of it on 3 innings of baseball.

Had gas been cheaper, maybe

HAHA no way dude, I saved my $68 gas tank from this morning instead of using 3/4 of it on 3 innings of baseball.

Had gas been cheaper, maybe

MLB Extra Innings is a joke. Second day in a row they're not showing the Dodger game. They pull this crap every free preview.

MLB Extra Innings is a joke. Second day in a row they're not showing the Dodger game. They pull this crap every free preview.

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

Where do you live?

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

Where do you live?

Who are your top 3 most depressing Dodgers right now?

For me:

1. Uribe
2. Barajas
3. Loney

5-4 but it just doesn't feel that way for whatever reason.

Who are your top 3 most depressing Dodgers right now?

For me:

1. Uribe
2. Barajas
3. Loney

5-4 but it just doesn't feel that way for whatever reason.

Went to my first "non home game" today in sd. I gotta say. That's a pretty impressive place. Talk about family friendly. All the activities in the park for the kids, park layout, etc. Pretty cool. Weirdest part was the security and ushers went out of their way to welcome dodgers fans. As to say like, "enjoy your stay!! But were watching youuuuuu" and "see? This is how people should be treated". I thought it was a nice touch. Haha. The hotdog was a joke, but them selling sunflower seeds made up for it. Ironman, why doesn't the stadium sell seeds? Beers seemed a few bucks cheaper, and u can walk around with the can. Overall the fans there are pretty quiet and I wasn't haggled once. Seems like everyone is thinking about the stow guy. No one wants to mess with anyone. But u gotta give it up to the design of the place, dad and I enjoyed it. Oh and of the 34k people there today, I would say 15k was dodger fans, 14k was padre fans, and the rest were military. Haha. But props again to having a family friendly atmosphere. Dodger stadium has a long way to go to run like that place.

Went to my first "non home game" today in sd. I gotta say. That's a pretty impressive place. Talk about family friendly. All the activities in the park for the kids, park layout, etc. Pretty cool. Weirdest part was the security and ushers went out of their way to welcome dodgers fans. As to say like, "enjoy your stay!! But were watching youuuuuu" and "see? This is how people should be treated". I thought it was a nice touch. Haha. The hotdog was a joke, but them selling sunflower seeds made up for it. Ironman, why doesn't the stadium sell seeds? Beers seemed a few bucks cheaper, and u can walk around with the can. Overall the fans there are pretty quiet and I wasn't haggled once. Seems like everyone is thinking about the stow guy. No one wants to mess with anyone. But u gotta give it up to the design of the place, dad and I enjoyed it. Oh and of the 34k people there today, I would say 15k was dodger fans, 14k was padre fans, and the rest were military. Haha. But props again to having a family friendly atmosphere. Dodger stadium has a long way to go to run like that place.

Ironman, why doesn't the stadium sell seeds?
Actually never thought of that, guess because everyone pretty much takes their own.

Overall the fans there are pretty quiet and I wasn't haggled once. Seems like everyone is thinking about the stow guy. No one wants to mess with anyone. But u gotta give it up to the design of the place, dad and I enjoyed it. Oh and of the 34k people there today, I would say 15k was dodger fans, 14k was padre fans, and the rest were military. Haha. But props again to having a family friendly atmosphere. Dodger stadium has a long way to go to run like that place.
San Diego (PetCo) has pretty much been the way you described since it opened.  At least when the Dodgers are in town.  A lot of Dodger fans flock down South so it's always a neutral crowd or Dodger heavy crowd.  Never been haggled, so I doubt it has to do with anything that occurred on Opening Day.

Dodger Stadium will never be that way, just because it has a different layout.  Not a lot of people walk to Dodger Stadium, why do you think the area around Dodger Stadium is kind of dead.  Nothing like SD, where once you are out the gate you are in the middle of the Gaslamp District (
smokin.gif
).  It's one of the reasons I love going down there.  Hit up the game, drink, game over, head to the hotel, change and hit the bars.

Dodger Stadium just doesn't have the layout to support that type of atmosphere.  I actually had that discussion with one of my friends who wants to open a legit sports bar near Dodger Stadium.  I just said, the best you can do is the SS, booming during games, but dead any other time of the year.  He will have decent business 84 days out of the year, good look the rest of the year.

It pains me to say, I love Dodger Stadium.  It has tons of quirks, and a beautiful setting.  However, it is outdated.  Fenway and Wrigley are older, but the atmsophere is insane due to Yawkey Way and Wrigleyville.  I'm not completely against building a new Stadium as I used to be
ohwell.gif

Ironman, why doesn't the stadium sell seeds?
Actually never thought of that, guess because everyone pretty much takes their own.

Overall the fans there are pretty quiet and I wasn't haggled once. Seems like everyone is thinking about the stow guy. No one wants to mess with anyone. But u gotta give it up to the design of the place, dad and I enjoyed it. Oh and of the 34k people there today, I would say 15k was dodger fans, 14k was padre fans, and the rest were military. Haha. But props again to having a family friendly atmosphere. Dodger stadium has a long way to go to run like that place.
San Diego (PetCo) has pretty much been the way you described since it opened.  At least when the Dodgers are in town.  A lot of Dodger fans flock down South so it's always a neutral crowd or Dodger heavy crowd.  Never been haggled, so I doubt it has to do with anything that occurred on Opening Day.

Dodger Stadium will never be that way, just because it has a different layout.  Not a lot of people walk to Dodger Stadium, why do you think the area around Dodger Stadium is kind of dead.  Nothing like SD, where once you are out the gate you are in the middle of the Gaslamp District (
smokin.gif
).  It's one of the reasons I love going down there.  Hit up the game, drink, game over, head to the hotel, change and hit the bars.

Dodger Stadium just doesn't have the layout to support that type of atmosphere.  I actually had that discussion with one of my friends who wants to open a legit sports bar near Dodger Stadium.  I just said, the best you can do is the SS, booming during games, but dead any other time of the year.  He will have decent business 84 days out of the year, good look the rest of the year.

It pains me to say, I love Dodger Stadium.  It has tons of quirks, and a beautiful setting.  However, it is outdated.  Fenway and Wrigley are older, but the atmsophere is insane due to Yawkey Way and Wrigleyville.  I'm not completely against building a new Stadium as I used to be
ohwell.gif

sports bar near there is a horrible idea though. sports bars anywhere are horrible ideas if you want to make money
laugh.gif

sports bar near there is a horrible idea though. sports bars anywhere are horrible ideas if you want to make money
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom