OFFICIAL 2011 DODGERS SEASON THREAD [ 79-77 ] : MLB asks for sale of Dodgers

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

shortstop is definitely not dead when the dodgers dont play. it gets crowded all year round.
It's crowded because it is small, it's a nice whole in the wall/dive bar.  It's kind of sad that it is the nearest post game option.

shortstop is definitely not dead when the dodgers dont play. it gets crowded all year round.
It's crowded because it is small, it's a nice whole in the wall/dive bar.  It's kind of sad that it is the nearest post game option.

Matt Kemp has been great for my fantasy team so far
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

pretty sure 562 told me this is where he goes after weekend games since its so close.  http://www.bahianightclub.com/

pretty sure 562 told me this is where he goes after weekend games since its so close.  http://www.bahianightclub.com/

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Believe it or not i've never been to The Shortstop

Pre game we went to 
[h1]Rockin Baja Coastal Cantina[/h1]
It was Pretty damn dope, I have a thing for what the girlfriend coined $+*$@%*% nachos, and these were awesome. $2 tacos, $5 appetizers, $3 wells, $4 Long Island & Shipwrecks, $5 25oz drafts. I dug it there moreso than my previous trip to SD when we went to Tilted Kilt
smokin.gif

If I had to choose a ballpark for a downtown stadium out here to be like, it would be Petco. As Ironman stated, the surrounding attractions make the trip down there that much better. Also, I parked across at this private lot on 6th just south of K, directly across a residential street from the western metal building, $12 BUCKS
indifferent.gif

<3 SD
frown.gif

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Believe it or not i've never been to The Shortstop

Pre game we went to 
[h1]Rockin Baja Coastal Cantina[/h1]
It was Pretty damn dope, I have a thing for what the girlfriend coined $+*$@%*% nachos, and these were awesome. $2 tacos, $5 appetizers, $3 wells, $4 Long Island & Shipwrecks, $5 25oz drafts. I dug it there moreso than my previous trip to SD when we went to Tilted Kilt
smokin.gif

If I had to choose a ballpark for a downtown stadium out here to be like, it would be Petco. As Ironman stated, the surrounding attractions make the trip down there that much better. Also, I parked across at this private lot on 6th just south of K, directly across a residential street from the western metal building, $12 BUCKS
indifferent.gif

<3 SD
frown.gif

I'm not completely against building a new Stadium as I used to be
ohwell.gif

After today.. i feel the same.  just seeing that park out in right field where kids and families were playing around just made the place seem like such a cool place to be.  i liked the section where they showed the artifacts of what they found when the excavated the site for the stadium.. cool history stuff.  I was like.. man i want all this.  haha.  put in perspective that our organization is in the toilet, from top to bottom. all that "next 50" stuff, unfinished updates to the reserve and top deck, the lack of ushers and security, and the lack of friendliness from them like i saw in SD... there is a pride there. only guy that has pride at dodger stadium is the old dude that points you to the stairs half way down from the top deck to the reserve level. that dude is the vin scully of ushers. classic dude.
laugh.gif

I'm not completely against building a new Stadium as I used to be
ohwell.gif

After today.. i feel the same.  just seeing that park out in right field where kids and families were playing around just made the place seem like such a cool place to be.  i liked the section where they showed the artifacts of what they found when the excavated the site for the stadium.. cool history stuff.  I was like.. man i want all this.  haha.  put in perspective that our organization is in the toilet, from top to bottom. all that "next 50" stuff, unfinished updates to the reserve and top deck, the lack of ushers and security, and the lack of friendliness from them like i saw in SD... there is a pride there. only guy that has pride at dodger stadium is the old dude that points you to the stairs half way down from the top deck to the reserve level. that dude is the vin scully of ushers. classic dude.
laugh.gif

petco is cool because gaslamp is all nice and touristy and what not. some architect needs to find a way to build a new version of dodger stadium on the santa monica pier.

petco is cool because gaslamp is all nice and touristy and what not. some architect needs to find a way to build a new version of dodger stadium on the santa monica pier.

I went this weekend and stayed at the Hilton. About a 5 minute walk from our room and we were at the stadium. Good atmosphere, and you don't have to worry I you're going to get jumped in the parking lot

I went this weekend and stayed at the Hilton. About a 5 minute walk from our room and we were at the stadium. Good atmosphere, and you don't have to worry I you're going to get jumped in the parking lot

So would you guys be ok with the dodgers building all that stuff they planned to build in the parking lot? I believe it was restaurants, stores, etc

So would you guys be ok with the dodgers building all that stuff they planned to build in the parking lot? I believe it was restaurants, stores, etc

seems like a good idea to have bars and stuff for gamedays. id never go there otherwise though. id imagine the crowd would be classy, sort of like city walk on a saturday evening.

seems like a good idea to have bars and stuff for gamedays. id never go there otherwise though. id imagine the crowd would be classy, sort of like city walk on a saturday evening.

whats on the nachos? i cant figure out that censored word
laugh.gif

eek.gif
wow they censor white boy
laugh.gif

Typical Nachos, pinto beans, pico de gallo, american & jack cheese, chicken and sliced jalapenos. Sour cream and guac too. I tasted the beans had a canned flavor to them, but they were good lol

Their chip and salsa bar was dope too, the variety was pretty killer lol

Back
Top Bottom