Official 2011 NBA Finals Thread: Dallas Mavericks are the 2011 NBA Champions. VOL: KidDirk get rings

Jason kid was basura yesterday on both ends. He did not do much after those early 3 pointers. He had trouble passing to Dirk at times 
30t6p3b.gif

Jason kid was basura yesterday on both ends. He did not do much after those early 3 pointers. He had trouble passing to Dirk at times 
30t6p3b.gif

20 reasons to pull for the Mavs

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=6614490
I wonder if Rick Reilly viewed this as the 'easy' way and the scheduling of a ring when he picked Chicago to beat Miami?

The 'of course they'll win, look at who they have!' crap after the hordes of people picked Boston, Chicago and Dallas..or better yet wrote them off in the regular season -- is amusing. At least be consistent.

should of stuck with his admission of being wrong that he wrote last week.

20 reasons to pull for the Mavs

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=6614490
I wonder if Rick Reilly viewed this as the 'easy' way and the scheduling of a ring when he picked Chicago to beat Miami?

The 'of course they'll win, look at who they have!' crap after the hordes of people picked Boston, Chicago and Dallas..or better yet wrote them off in the regular season -- is amusing. At least be consistent.

should of stuck with his admission of being wrong that he wrote last week.

Pull for Miami so we can see the whole entire NBA fanbase besides Miami's go jump off cliffs. Seriously, pull for Dallas for what? They better play their hearts out because those fake 3's by Deshawn Stevenson cannot save them.

Pull for Miami so we can see the whole entire NBA fanbase besides Miami's go jump off cliffs. Seriously, pull for Dallas for what? They better play their hearts out because those fake 3's by Deshawn Stevenson cannot save them.

Jason Kidd was decent. He had times where he forced guys into bad shots, other times where he could had crowded more. I think the main thing is he didn't want to get too close because he didn't want to foul.

A lot of people will talk about the adjustments that Dallas HAS to make...

Honestly? There's not much that we need to focus on.

We played about 40 minutes of really solid defense. Containing Bron/Wade more will be an area of concern, not letting Bosh get to the line as much, and closing on shooters, but that's all stuff that can be relatively easily fixed. It's not like we're going to have to change our gameplan at all.

Our bench won't shoot 4/22 again.
For as bad as Dirk was, he was getting his shots off, he was just missing a lot of shots he normally makes, and I don't really think it had a lot to do with the defense. He's faced as hard as they're going to get if all they're going to do is throw Haslem/Joel at him. I think a big thing with Dirk is getting him going early. I mean with our starting five, shots for Marion, Chandler, and Stevenson should only be if they're wide open BECAUSE Dirk is causing that space. Last time Dirk struggled this bad, he bounced back for 40. I don't expect 40 from him, but to shoot better, yes.

Jason Kidd was decent. He had times where he forced guys into bad shots, other times where he could had crowded more. I think the main thing is he didn't want to get too close because he didn't want to foul.

A lot of people will talk about the adjustments that Dallas HAS to make...

Honestly? There's not much that we need to focus on.

We played about 40 minutes of really solid defense. Containing Bron/Wade more will be an area of concern, not letting Bosh get to the line as much, and closing on shooters, but that's all stuff that can be relatively easily fixed. It's not like we're going to have to change our gameplan at all.

Our bench won't shoot 4/22 again.
For as bad as Dirk was, he was getting his shots off, he was just missing a lot of shots he normally makes, and I don't really think it had a lot to do with the defense. He's faced as hard as they're going to get if all they're going to do is throw Haslem/Joel at him. I think a big thing with Dirk is getting him going early. I mean with our starting five, shots for Marion, Chandler, and Stevenson should only be if they're wide open BECAUSE Dirk is causing that space. Last time Dirk struggled this bad, he bounced back for 40. I don't expect 40 from him, but to shoot better, yes.

Mavs were way too tight, but thats to be expected on the road in the first game of the Finals.
Dirk shooting during intro was a clear sign of "Chris Bosh nerves", and it showed in Dirks jumpshot during the first half.
We have a day to practice on their floor again,
Get used to the atmosphere of the arena, and come out firing Thursday.
I expect a repeat of game 3 vs. OKC.

Mavs were way too tight, but thats to be expected on the road in the first game of the Finals.
Dirk shooting during intro was a clear sign of "Chris Bosh nerves", and it showed in Dirks jumpshot during the first half.
We have a day to practice on their floor again,
Get used to the atmosphere of the arena, and come out firing Thursday.
I expect a repeat of game 3 vs. OKC.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by Cfranchise26

Juwan Howard comin in the game...... Interesting 

A couple of hours before the game I was watching Hoop Dreams on DVD. Juwan Howard was briefly in that movie, at the Nike camp, from around 1991 (the movie tracks events between 1988 and 1994, I think). It was absolutely surreal to see him stepping on the floor in a game of the 2011 NBA finals shortly after watching that movie.

+*##$ still looks exactly the same too. 

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by Cfranchise26

Juwan Howard comin in the game...... Interesting 

A couple of hours before the game I was watching Hoop Dreams on DVD. Juwan Howard was briefly in that movie, at the Nike camp, from around 1991 (the movie tracks events between 1988 and 1994, I think). It was absolutely surreal to see him stepping on the floor in a game of the 2011 NBA finals shortly after watching that movie.

+*##$ still looks exactly the same too. 

Back
Top Bottom