Official 2011 NBA Finals Thread: Dallas Mavericks are the 2011 NBA Champions. VOL: KidDirk get rings

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by knightngale

That already happened.
laugh.gif
eek.gif
you got me there

we shall see if the heat can knock down at least 10 3 pointers today
That's the main thing that killed us. We are the team that usually knocks down 10+ threes.

Not only did they knock down more than us, they knocked down 11, they shot 45% from deep, and whenever we'd claw back, they'd hit a big one. Case and point is LeBron hitting that fadeaway three to end the third, that really crushed us.

Just need to calm down out there really. Peja needs to take his time shooting, and don't shoot it unless you're wide open. You've made how many threes in your career? Chill out.

And like I said earlier, if all they're going to do is throw Haslem and Joel on Dirk, then he should be able to get going. If his finger really does bother him, then we have to take it on the chin, but we just gotta keep fighting, and Dirk is our guy.
peja is not gonna be open, we cover the 3 point line pretty fast... did we hit 3's? yes.. we also missed a lot of open ones too... ill just keep to myself and post when the game is over..

That already happened.
laugh.gif
eek.gif
you got me there

That's the main thing that killed us. We are the team that usually knocks down 10+ threes.

Not only did they knock down more than us, they knocked down 11, they shot 45% from deep, and whenever we'd claw back, they'd hit a big one. Case and point is LeBron hitting that fadeaway three to end the third, that really crushed us.

Just need to calm down out there really. Peja needs to take his time shooting, and don't shoot it unless you're wide open. You've made how many threes in your career? Chill out.

And like I said earlier, if all they're going to do is throw Haslem and Joel on Dirk, then he should be able to get going. If his finger really does bother him, then we have to take it on the chin, but we just gotta keep fighting, and Dirk is our guy.
peja is not gonna be open, we cover the 3 point line pretty fast... did we hit 3's? yes.. we also missed a lot of open ones too... ill just keep to myself and post when the game is over..

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

eek.gif
you got me there

mavs players were open most of the game from 3...even in the 4th

eek.gif
you got me there

Like i said before Brewer need some clock. Its about adjustments and Peja will not be a factor in this series. Terry is too small to guard Wade so is forced to check whoever the 3rd wing player is. Leaving kidd on Wade. Tho kidd worked well on Mamba Wade just gonna use his speed everytime. Brewers length will cause Wade to work harder on offense.

Heck i would even pull Cardinal out the crate as a wild card. dude is the ultimate pick up game player hes gonna play irritating defense go after the ball, and hit open 3s

{Denzel} "this s#@% chess it aint checkaaas" <<

Like i said before Brewer need some clock. Its about adjustments and Peja will not be a factor in this series. Terry is too small to guard Wade so is forced to check whoever the 3rd wing player is. Leaving kidd on Wade. Tho kidd worked well on Mamba Wade just gonna use his speed everytime. Brewers length will cause Wade to work harder on offense.

Heck i would even pull Cardinal out the crate as a wild card. dude is the ultimate pick up game player hes gonna play irritating defense go after the ball, and hit open 3s

{Denzel} "this s#@% chess it aint checkaaas" <<

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

I want to see those c ronaldo wannabes get destroyed tomorrow

roll.gif
 Bron is the 3rd highest paid athlete in the world. Dont nobody wanna be like Ronaldos tacky self

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

I want to see those c ronaldo wannabes get destroyed tomorrow

roll.gif
 Bron is the 3rd highest paid athlete in the world. Dont nobody wanna be like Ronaldos tacky self

nerd.gif
the refs made Dallas shoot 37.3%
nerd.gif
the refs made Dallas throw crucial turnovers directly out of bounce to the front row
nerd.gif
the refs made Dallas blow defensive assignments all game and made Miami look like a more athletic/faster team out there
Im finished with the NBA.......
roll.gif

nerd.gif
Refs boxing out Dallas while heat grabbed all those offensive rebounds
nerd.gif
Refs giving Dirk extra heavy socks so its hard for him to slide his feet on defense

nerd.gif
the refs made Dallas shoot 37.3%
nerd.gif
the refs made Dallas throw crucial turnovers directly out of bounce to the front row
nerd.gif
the refs made Dallas blow defensive assignments all game and made Miami look like a more athletic/faster team out there
Im finished with the NBA.......
roll.gif

nerd.gif
Refs boxing out Dallas while heat grabbed all those offensive rebounds
nerd.gif
Refs giving Dirk extra heavy socks so its hard for him to slide his feet on defense

Whats funnier then MAVS fans with Faith?
laugh.gif

If it didn't happen in 06....its never going to happen...  
roll.gif

BRON triple double tonight on his way to  his 1st FINALS MVP's.
smokin.gif

Whats funnier then MAVS fans with Faith?
laugh.gif

If it didn't happen in 06....its never going to happen...  
roll.gif

BRON triple double tonight on his way to  his 1st FINALS MVP's.
smokin.gif

+1. Peja. Jet, and Dirk all missed open opportunity. Yeah, the Miami defense was good, but the Mavs had plenty of open looks.

The key tonight for the Mavs is JET. If LeBron is going to be on him, he has to find someway to get it going.

+1. Peja. Jet, and Dirk all missed open opportunity. Yeah, the Miami defense was good, but the Mavs had plenty of open looks.

The key tonight for the Mavs is JET. If LeBron is going to be on him, he has to find someway to get it going.

IMO neither team played that great. Dallas missed way too many shots and LeBron and Wade were too passive attacking the rim. I doubt Dallas shoots that poor again but I'm also not sure the Dallas defense will be able to limit LeBron and Wade to 7 FTAs from here on out.

IMO neither team played that great. Dallas missed way too many shots and LeBron and Wade were too passive attacking the rim. I doubt Dallas shoots that poor again but I'm also not sure the Dallas defense will be able to limit LeBron and Wade to 7 FTAs from here on out.

Dallas has to get this win tonight, I think Carlisle will use less of the zone today, he saw how Dallas got beat on the 3's and I think we will see less of it.

Dallas has to get this win tonight, I think Carlisle will use less of the zone today, he saw how Dallas got beat on the 3's and I think we will see less of it.

Anybody watch ESPN the other night, I saw Rachel Nichols reporting on the Heat and she had bags under her eyes and looks like she hasn't sleep in a week
laugh.gif
I guess she was out partying it up memorial day weekend on south beach.

Anybody watch ESPN the other night, I saw Rachel Nichols reporting on the Heat and she had bags under her eyes and looks like she hasn't sleep in a week
laugh.gif
I guess she was out partying it up memorial day weekend on south beach.

As a Mavs fan, do you really have faith in Peja making big shots this series?

Spolestra's decision to put Lebron on JET instead of trying him on Dirk is the thing that will decide the series, IMO. Regardless of who you put on Dirk, he is going to do his numbers. I'm sure Lebron would have played him well @ times ( and possibly picked up fouls ) but the key to this series isn't really stopping Dirk, it's containing the 2nd and 3rd scorers. JET and JJ are the key to this series, and I just don't see JET having the sustained offensive outburst he needs to have while being guarded by Lebron. And as for JJ Barea, esp when the heat go big, he is going to have more trouble in this series than he had in the prior two being that instead of trying to match up quickness w/ him, they are actually putting more length on him @ times to bother his shots. And w/ the sound defensive rotations that the Heat have, him blowing past that 1st defender won't be as damaging. And b/c of the length on him, it's harder to pull up w/ 6'6/6'7 coming at you, VS 6'3. It's length + the team defense.

W/ all that said, Peja could be un-Peja like and do #'s in the finals, JET go for 30 and JJ go for 25. I just don't see it.

And for everyone crying about that 'travel' ....it wasn't a travel. In College or in HS, yes. In the NBA? No. They have different rules.

As a Mavs fan, do you really have faith in Peja making big shots this series?

Spolestra's decision to put Lebron on JET instead of trying him on Dirk is the thing that will decide the series, IMO. Regardless of who you put on Dirk, he is going to do his numbers. I'm sure Lebron would have played him well @ times ( and possibly picked up fouls ) but the key to this series isn't really stopping Dirk, it's containing the 2nd and 3rd scorers. JET and JJ are the key to this series, and I just don't see JET having the sustained offensive outburst he needs to have while being guarded by Lebron. And as for JJ Barea, esp when the heat go big, he is going to have more trouble in this series than he had in the prior two being that instead of trying to match up quickness w/ him, they are actually putting more length on him @ times to bother his shots. And w/ the sound defensive rotations that the Heat have, him blowing past that 1st defender won't be as damaging. And b/c of the length on him, it's harder to pull up w/ 6'6/6'7 coming at you, VS 6'3. It's length + the team defense.

W/ all that said, Peja could be un-Peja like and do #'s in the finals, JET go for 30 and JJ go for 25. I just don't see it.

And for everyone crying about that 'travel' ....it wasn't a travel. In College or in HS, yes. In the NBA? No. They have different rules.

that rule is ridiculous then. On every level you aren't allowed to just get up with the ball. I don't even see people doing that in a pick up game

Back
Top Bottom