Official 2011 NFL Draft Thead Vol. Lions winning.... Niners losing...

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I don't see Locker getting drafted ahead of Newton....if anything, HE (Locker) could be the guy to slip out of the 1st round.

None of those guys fall out of the first. Cam, Locker, Mallett, and Luck.

It's more likely Gabbert sneaks into the 1st than someone falls out

I don't see Locker getting drafted ahead of Newton....if anything, HE (Locker) could be the guy to slip out of the 1st round.

Someone want to lay out the knocks on Mallett? Because I don't see many 
ohwell.gif

ohwell.gif

Decision Making and 'having too much faith in his arm' and bouts w/ inaccuracy, inconsistent mechanics and not being very mobile in the pocket. 

Decision Making and 'having too much faith in his arm' and bouts w/ inaccuracy, inconsistent mechanics and not being very mobile in the pocket. 

Originally Posted by JPZx

ohwell.gif

Character Issues
Touch throws
Accuracy
Footwork

Those are pretty obvious flaws

Originally Posted by JPZx

ohwell.gif

Character Issues
Touch throws
Accuracy
Footwork

Those are pretty obvious flaws

Originally Posted by StillIn729

only reason Mallet drops is because of character issues

and what charcater issues do you speak of?

slow as dirt(i dont see that as a big deal) and some times has trouble with his accuracy

slow as dirt(i dont see that as a big deal) and some times has trouble with his accuracy

No way Devine drops to the 4th rd if healthy. That's out of the question. HC's/OC's see what a player like Woodhead, McCluster, Sproles, Washington, etc can change the game and immediately flip field position and Devine is in the exact same mold.

No way Devine drops to the 4th rd if healthy. That's out of the question. HC's/OC's see what a player like Woodhead, McCluster, Sproles, Washington, etc can change the game and immediately flip field position and Devine is in the exact same mold.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

lazy or stupid (not sure what one I should use here) and apparently likes drugs

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

lazy or stupid (not sure what one I should use here) and apparently likes drugs

Originally Posted by KingJames23

He had a terrible year....it's not inconceivable that he slips to the 2nd round....

FWIW, Jevan Snead was slated to go in the 1st round before the 2009 season and we all know how that went.....I am in no way saying Locker is gonna have the same fate, but he hasn't shown anything that suggests that he's worthy of going in the 1st round of this years draft. 

He had a terrible year....it's not inconceivable that he slips to the 2nd round....

FWIW, Jevan Snead was slated to go in the 1st round before the 2009 season and we all know how that went.....I am in no way saying Locker is gonna have the same fate, but he hasn't shown anything that suggests that he's worthy of going in the 1st round of this years draft. 

Originally Posted by dreClark

exactly.  i mean ted ginn was the #7 pick for christ sake.

Originally Posted by dreClark

exactly.  i mean ted ginn was the #7 pick for christ sake.

I've seen a bunch of UW games, and I don't see Locker being that great. He'll have a chance to be in the first round, but it wouldn't be surprising if he fell into the 2nd like Clausen did last year.

I've seen a bunch of UW games, and I don't see Locker being that great. He'll have a chance to be in the first round, but it wouldn't be surprising if he fell into the 2nd like Clausen did last year.

Skills pay the bills my man. He's got prototypical size, great athlete, very good arm strength. His upside is through the roof. (For similar situation see Josh Freeman).

Locker going in the 1st is something I wish I could throw a %#%* ton of money on.

Back
Top Bottom