Official 2011 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (86-76) 2nd Place in NL West

it was so cold at the ballpark last night
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jordan723

Originally Posted by Tupack Shaker

Missed most of the game but I got a question why do the commentators also get WS rings?

The commentators Krukow and Kuiper are LEGENDS for SF Giants. They have been commentating for the Giants since the early 90's I believe. Basically my whole life I have seen them on TV commentating for the Giants. Giants fans love Kruk and Kuip....and because they are legendary, they got their rings and I think well-deserved too.

Major League teams (and any championship team for that matter) has to pay for any additional ring not covered by the league.  They can choose how many rings to buy and give them out to whoever they want.  It is not uncommon for a championship teams announcer to get a ring.

On a side note, there is a $10 raffle to get a Giants WS ring for yourself.  The winner will actually have his name on it too in the same spot that players have their names.  Pretty cool.  Giants are going all out with our first title in SF.
pimp.gif

Missed most of the game but I got a question why do the commentators also get WS rings?

The commentators Krukow and Kuiper are LEGENDS for SF Giants. They have been commentating for the Giants since the early 90's I believe. Basically my whole life I have seen them on TV commentating for the Giants. Giants fans love Kruk and Kuip....and because they are legendary, they got their rings and I think well-deserved too.

Major League teams (and any championship team for that matter) has to pay for any additional ring not covered by the league.  They can choose how many rings to buy and give them out to whoever they want.  It is not uncommon for a championship teams announcer to get a ring.

On a side note, there is a $10 raffle to get a Giants WS ring for yourself.  The winner will actually have his name on it too in the same spot that players have their names.  Pretty cool.  Giants are going all out with our first title in SF.
pimp.gif

probably the best giants game i've ever been to. had so much fun the whole day. loved the cold wind....felt like the stick all over again
pimp.gif

probably the best giants game i've ever been to. had so much fun the whole day. loved the cold wind....felt like the stick all over again
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

pimp.gif

you can also buy one similar to it for about 5k, or less depending on the metal you want, and stones.

http://www.balfoursports....ants-super-fan-ring.html

Originally Posted by dland24

pimp.gif

you can also buy one similar to it for about 5k, or less depending on the metal you want, and stones.

http://www.balfoursports....ants-super-fan-ring.html

Back
Top Bottom