Official 2011 San Francisco Giants Season Thread (86-76) 2nd Place in NL West

Great game for the Braves and good defense on both sides.

Teheran and Vizcaino are going to be something special. Jurrjens needs a good start tomorrow.

I'm still not going to panic. %@++ Arizona, they're unproven and another injury away from being irrelevant too. Still a lot of baseball to be played.

I'm still not going to panic. %@++ Arizona, they're unproven and another injury away from being irrelevant too. Still a lot of baseball to be played.

If we are around 3 games behind Arizona by September I'd take that, I think 2 more head to head meetings left. We face just the NL West too in September so that's a plus. I'm trying to look at the glass half full right now which I hardly do. But if we are 5-6 games out that's going to be damn near impossible to overcome with our offense. Arizona ain't having a long losing streak like SD had last year.

If we are around 3 games behind Arizona by September I'd take that, I think 2 more head to head meetings left. We face just the NL West too in September so that's a plus. I'm trying to look at the glass half full right now which I hardly do. But if we are 5-6 games out that's going to be damn near impossible to overcome with our offense. Arizona ain't having a long losing streak like SD had last year.

I'm not panicking at all. I honestly think a lot of people here are overreacting with some of the comments people have been saying.

There's still a lot of baseball left to be played and it's only mid August. After this series with Atlanta, the Diamondbacks are the only team we face that are over .500.

I'm not panicking at all. I honestly think a lot of people here are overreacting with some of the comments people have been saying.

There's still a lot of baseball left to be played and it's only mid August. After this series with Atlanta, the Diamondbacks are the only team we face that are over .500.

Originally Posted by Tim Lincecum

This, they will fold head to head. The dbacks that is

Originally Posted by Tim Lincecum

This, they will fold head to head. The dbacks that is

Our offense at this point last year was obviously better. This time last year the team was 5 games out.

This team is obviously having a lot of injuries. I still think Beltran will be a factor when he gets better. The Diamondbacks are good, but not that good. Right now they are hot and the Giants are cold. That's all. I think this team still has a run left in them and hopefully it comes later and it carries them into the postseason.

A lot of hopefullys and I think.

Our offense at this point last year was obviously better. This time last year the team was 5 games out.

This team is obviously having a lot of injuries. I still think Beltran will be a factor when he gets better. The Diamondbacks are good, but not that good. Right now they are hot and the Giants are cold. That's all. I think this team still has a run left in them and hopefully it comes later and it carries them into the postseason.

A lot of hopefullys and I think.

[table][tr][th="col"]M. Cain SF
7495.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]J. Jurrjens Atl
8091.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]9-9[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]12-4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.00[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]2.63[/td] [/tr][tr][td]134[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]85[/td] [/tr][tr][td]44[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]35[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.10[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.14[/td][/tr][/table]
San Francisco Giants Lineup:
Ross, CF
Fontenot, 2B
Sandoval, 3B
Huff, 1B
Schierholtz, RF
Cabrera, SS
Belt, LF
Whiteside, C
Cain, RHP

Atlanta Braves Lineup:
Bourn, CF
Prado, LF
McCann, C
Uggla, 2B
Freeman, 1B
Chipper, 3B
Constanza, RF
Lugo, SS
Jurrjens, RHP

[table][tr][th="col"]M. Cain SF
7495.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]J. Jurrjens Atl
8091.jpg
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]9-9[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]12-4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.00[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]2.63[/td] [/tr][tr][td]134[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]85[/td] [/tr][tr][td]44[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]35[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.10[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.14[/td][/tr][/table]
San Francisco Giants Lineup:
Ross, CF
Fontenot, 2B
Sandoval, 3B
Huff, 1B
Schierholtz, RF
Cabrera, SS
Belt, LF
Whiteside, C
Cain, RHP

Atlanta Braves Lineup:
Bourn, CF