Official 2011 Track & Field Thread: Diamond League (Brussels) Bolt 9.76 & Blake 19.26

The womens 400m final was incrediable, its a shame Allyson didnt have a few more metres to win. Richard-Ross was disappointing, hopefully she will be better at London.

To me it looks like Robles natural extention of his hand, but he wasnt in the centre of his lane causing him to get into contact with Liu Xiang. But i dont really follow hurdles. Robles pretty much went over and hugged Liu Xiang instantously after the finish which seemed wierd.

+#@# CBC.

Catching up on all of yesterday's events while watching today's (evening in Daegu) now.

+#@# CBC.

Catching up on all of yesterday's events while watching today's (evening in Daegu) now.

Like I said, i don't watch a lot of athletics (but am watching bits of the world champs right now), but I didn't think (for a minute) that Robles did it purposely... which is different from a lot of comments I've read on the web. Now probably a lot of them are trolls, but to me it makes no sense to impede your opponent especially considering that there are a thousand and one cameras pointed at you (can't really get away with obvious infringements). Furthermore, wouldn't it also negatively affect your own performance?

Liu and Robles seem to have a very respectful relationship, and right after the race Robles went to hug Liu as if knowing he might have hit his arm.

Like I said, i don't watch a lot of athletics (but am watching bits of the world champs right now), but I didn't think (for a minute) that Robles did it purposely... which is different from a lot of comments I've read on the web. Now probably a lot of them are trolls, but to me it makes no sense to impede your opponent especially considering that there are a thousand and one cameras pointed at you (can't really get away with obvious infringements). Furthermore, wouldn't it also negatively affect your own performance?

Liu and Robles seem to have a very respectful relationship, and right after the race Robles went to hug Liu as if knowing he might have hit his arm.

whether or not it was on purpose, once u cross your lane its a DQ, same rules for every T&F lane specific event.

whether or not it was on purpose, once u cross your lane its a DQ, same rules for every T&F lane specific event.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Where?
laugh.gif

And Robles def hugged Liu because he knew what he did.

I also feel the US should've filed a protest in the Women's 400. Montsho stepped on her lane line a few times in the last 20 metres even hitting Felix's arm that caused her to go back and lose out on the dip.

For Day 4 Finals:

David Rudisha won the Men's 800.
Kirani James became the 3rd youngest World Champion edging out LeShawn Merritt.

Where?
laugh.gif

I also feel the US should've filed a protest in the Women's 400. Montsho stepped on her lane line a few times in the last 20 metres even hitting Felix's arm that caused her to go back and lose out on the dip.

For Day 4 Finals:

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Where?
laugh.gif

For Day 4 Finals:

Nah Felix hit her if anything, Montsho kept her form, Felix did that lunge with the arm flail motion so she got cracked on the finish line...

Having said that, Montsho was hugging that lane line pretty tight to be fair
laugh.gif

Kirani James
pimp.gif
....son technique look like he running for the bus but still, to win a world title at 18 in the 400 is very impressive.

Where?
laugh.gif

For Day 4 Finals:

Nah Felix hit her if anything, Montsho kept her form, Felix did that lunge with the arm flail motion so she got cracked on the finish line...

Having said that, Montsho was hugging that lane line pretty tight to be fair
laugh.gif

Kirani James
pimp.gif
....son technique look like he running for the bus but still, to win a world title at 18 in the 400 is very impressive.

DiPlOmAt TDOt wrote:

Where?
laugh.gif

Just in the "Your Comments" areas of some articles.  Like I said, they're probably just trolling.  

DiPlOmAt TDOt wrote:

Where?
laugh.gif

Just in the "Your Comments" areas of some articles.  Like I said, they're probably just trolling.  

damn dude won at 18
pimp.gif
....beat my boy merrit tho...lashawn just aint use to running yet...thats all
laugh.gif

dudes form was so trash haha but he got the job done

nick got boxed in.....damn....shouts to my boy rudisha tho...he deserves it

damn dude won at 18
pimp.gif
....beat my boy merrit tho...lashawn just aint use to running yet...thats all
laugh.gif

dudes form was so trash haha but he got the job done

nick got boxed in.....damn....shouts to my boy rudisha tho...he deserves it

Where?
laugh.gif

For Day 4 Finals:

Yeah Liue didnt even want to protest if I remember correctly  
laugh.gif
 But the china team hooked him up.....
Robbles did mess up his race tho so I dont feel sorry that he got dq'd

Where?
laugh.gif

For Day 4 Finals:

Yeah Liue didnt even want to protest if I remember correctly  
laugh.gif
 But the china team hooked him up.....
Robbles did mess up his race tho so I dont feel sorry that he got dq'd

Finals from Monday.

Yesterday was a day off, competition resumes tonight (Thursday morning in Daegu). Tomorrow morning our time there's four track finals and two field finals.

Finals from Monday.

Yesterday was a day off, competition resumes tonight (Thursday morning in Daegu). Tomorrow morning our time there's four track finals and two field finals.

Seems to be the meet of new champions...all these upsets and past champions looking terrible.

Track Finals from earlier today (Thursday evening in Daegu):

Seems to be the meet of new champions...all these upsets and past champions looking terrible.

Track Finals from earlier today (Thursday evening in Daegu):

If you're streaming, Usain will be running Round 1 of the 200 in an hour.

If you're streaming, Usain will be running Round 1 of the 200 in an hour.

Back
Top Bottom