Official 2011 Wimbledon Thread (vol. start on the last page)

Nole takes the 3rd 6-3. Fed looked a bit more conservative in this set.
Interesting development.

Federer!
eek.gif
eek.gif

Fed ends the streak!

Now congrats to Rafa on his 6th French Open title and 10th career grand slam title.

Fed ends the streak!

Now congrats to Rafa on his 6th French Open title and 10th career grand slam title.

Rafa is smiling after Federer's victory. Not only does he keep his number one ranking but he gets to play against a player that he's owned on clay.

Rafa is smiling after Federer's victory. Not only does he keep his number one ranking but he gets to play against a player that he's owned on clay.

Fed's break point conversion: 4/25 
embarassed.gif

Rafa's going to rape him if he continues at that rate (and history shows it will).

Fed's break point conversion: 4/25 
embarassed.gif

Rafa's going to rape him if he continues at that rate (and history shows it will).

Originally Posted by Fundamental21Ticket

Technically Djokovic can still be #1 if Rafa loses the final but we all know that's not going to happen...

Originally Posted by Fundamental21Ticket

Technically Djokovic can still be #1 if Rafa loses the final but we all know that's not going to happen...

Fed played really well, but I'm still 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Rafa will be the fav, but Fed's confidence is high.  

But first things first... hoping Li Na will prevail tomorrow.

EDIT ~ Reading some of his presser quotes...

Federer: 'I knew that when I was up 76 41 that I was going to win because you just dont crawl back on me'  

eyes.gif
  Kidding me?

Fed played really well, but I'm still 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Rafa will be the fav, but Fed's confidence is high.  

But first things first... hoping Li Na will prevail tomorrow.

EDIT ~ Reading some of his presser quotes...

Federer: 'I knew that when I was up 76 41 that I was going to win because you just dont crawl back on me'  

eyes.gif
  Kidding me?

I don't know what it is, but laty just can't get into mens tennis like I used to. Can put my finger on the reason why.

I don't know what it is, but laty just can't get into mens tennis like I used to. Can put my finger on the reason why.

Men's tennis has been pretty incredible over the past 6 months and even before that. Nole's ridiculous streak... his run for the Aussie Open, Rafa's strong form, but only to be beaten my Nole on clay as well as on hards. I'm not a particular fan of Rafa or Nole, but their quality of tennis over the past few months hhas been incredible. Never seen anything quite like it.

Men's tennis has been pretty incredible over the past 6 months and even before that. Nole's ridiculous streak... his run for the Aussie Open, Rafa's strong form, but only to be beaten my Nole on clay as well as on hards. I'm not a particular fan of Rafa or Nole, but their quality of tennis over the past few months hhas been incredible. Never seen anything quite like it.

Fed always had the low-key arrogance... he let's it out sometime though (see jackets with 15)

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Fed always had the low-key arrogance... he let's it out sometime though (see jackets with 15)

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Roger needs to cool that kind of talk. He is still mentally fragile against Rafa and I doubt he wins this. I hope Li wins but schia is the best women's clay court player right now and she's the defending champ

Roger needs to cool that kind of talk. He is still mentally fragile against Rafa and I doubt he wins this. I hope Li wins but schia is the best women's clay court player right now and she's the defending champ

Originally Posted by HankMoody

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I haven't really paid attention to it but I do see it sometimes.
I remember a few members kept pointing it out and hated Fed for it.  I never understood it.  
laugh.gif

He has sort of like a polite, gentleman's arrogance.  It's better than someone being obnoxious.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I haven't really paid attention to it but I do see it sometimes.
I remember a few members kept pointing it out and hated Fed for it.  I never understood it.  
laugh.gif

He has sort of like a polite, gentleman's arrogance.  It's better than someone being obnoxious.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

thats the thing, the quality is thru the roof,

I grew up on the 90s players like Becker, Agassi and Sampras

maybe its the personalitites I miss.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

thats the thing, the quality is thru the roof,

I grew up on the 90s players like Becker, Agassi and Sampras

maybe its the personalitites I miss.

Back
Top Bottom