Official 2011 Wimbledon Thread (vol. start on the last page)

Wow, congrats to Djoker
pimp.gif

So glad Djoker won. He has improved his game so much and it's awesome to see.

So glad Djoker won. He has improved his game so much and it's awesome to see.

Dude chewed on some grass.  
laugh.gif

We haven't seen Rafa get challenged in awhile.  Good to see.  It will make everyone work that much harder.

Anywhere I can watch the Women's Final?  I still haven't seen it yet.

Dude chewed on some grass.  
laugh.gif

We haven't seen Rafa get challenged in awhile.  Good to see.  It will make everyone work that much harder.

Anywhere I can watch the Women's Final?  I still haven't seen it yet.

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

Rafa looked sloppy and he was frustrated.

Congrats to Djokovic.
Well, IMO, I didn't think Rafa was at his absolute-best, but I didn't think he was sloppy either.  I think it was a combo of Nole's unrelenting defense and a few untimely bad shots by Rafa.  It seemed like Nole was doing to Rafa what Rafa's been doing to other player over the past few years.  Nole was covering a lot of the court, getting a lot of shots back and forcing Rafa to play the extra shot and go for more... hence, a few more errors.  At times, Rafa was also playing too far back (too deep in the court), which will usually put him in a defensive position.  
Fail... Lol...

x999.jpg

Congrats to Djokovic.
Well, IMO, I didn't think Rafa was at his absolute-best, but I didn't think he was sloppy either.  I think it was a combo of Nole's unrelenting defense and a few untimely bad shots by Rafa.  It seemed like Nole was doing to Rafa what Rafa's been doing to other player over the past few years.  Nole was covering a lot of the court, getting a lot of shots back and forcing Rafa to play the extra shot and go for more... hence, a few more errors.  At times, Rafa was also playing too far back (too deep in the court), which will usually put him in a defensive position.  
Fail... Lol...

x999.jpg

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Congrats to Djokovic.
Fail... Lol...

x999.jpg
QFT

Nole just went out there and out Rafa  Rafa.  He made Rafa hit 3 or 4 winners in almost every rally which is what Rafa does to Roger.  Not to mention Nole exposed Rafa's relatively weak backhand.  Most guys that play Rafa really go for their own forehands and they often run around their backhand to get to their forehand which opens up the court for Rafa.  Nole can hit winners off both wings which allowed him to stay in good court position which frustrated Rafa.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Congrats to Djokovic.
Fail... Lol...

x999.jpg
QFT

Nole just went out there and out Rafa  Rafa.  He made Rafa hit 3 or 4 winners in almost every rally which is what Rafa does to Roger.  Not to mention Nole exposed Rafa's relatively weak backhand.  Most guys that play Rafa really go for their own forehands and they often run around their backhand to get to their forehand which opens up the court for Rafa.  Nole can hit winners off both wings which allowed him to stay in good court position which frustrated Rafa.

Back
Top Bottom